GT6 [COMPLETED - 5/9/14-19/9/14] State of Origin Series III

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Aug 13, 2014.

?

What night should we race on?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2014.
  1. Friday nights

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Saturday nights

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Cheers everyone and also thanks to pd for not disconnecting me for the first time this series lol

Now that's what you call a marathon. What a start to the race that was, Jono and I kicked off a memorable battle that was reminiscent of the days back at AGTCC and man it was awesome. While I had my face full of an ugly nsw booty, all of it was going on behind us, clearly by the mic chat it sounded insane and with that, we were able to build a big margin over the pack. Lap 10 rolls around and we still couldnt be separated. Jono was driving really well and just as I was getting settled in for the long haul, I was finally able to get a run on the back straight and stick a move around the outside to take the lead. I new it was far from over so I tried to push in clear air and with a few slight mistakes from Jono creeping in I was able to build a comfortable lead. From there, the rest of the race was lonely which made it really difficult to stay focused. With 20odd minutes left, mental fatigue set in and I was struggling, fortunately my buffer was big enough to hold on to the chequered flag.

Well done to Jono and warrior on the podium finishes. You guys were the most consistent all series so well deserved on taking the SOO title. Cheers jono on running another cracker series, see you all next time :)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It's all good mate
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Round 3 Double Points Final Results: (J) = Joker

1st MINT_GTR Outsiders (FL) 52 pts
    2nd N64TheStig007 NSW (PP) +17.359 42 pts
    3rd Warrior NSW +35.920 32 pts
    4th Anon666 QLD +1:02.058 26 pts
    5th t_b_williams QLD (J) +1:15.010 22 pts
    6th Stumbles SA (J) +1 lap 20 pts
    7th garyw61 SA +1 lap 18 pts
    8th emmo46 VIC +1 lap 16 pts
    9th Ad2mny VIC (J) +1 lap 14 pts
    10th WTF_MAN NSW (J) DNF 12 pts
    11th Beau Albert VIC DNF 10 pts
    12th fastboysmith QLD DNF 8 pts
    13th colin_50- SA DNF 6 pts
    14th Hatfield Outsiders DNF 4 pts
    15th seeth123 Outsiders DNF 2 pts
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What a wonderful series guys. Thanks for being a part of it.
    Congratulations warrior on the drivers title. And congrats to... well, us, because the shield is finally where it belongs!

I was pretty happy to nab pole position, after my first run was impeded.

But it was short lived, as I had to deal with MINT for a large portion of the first stint. Needless to say, that was absolutely fantastic. I remember thinking that "this battle has gone on for ages, it might go on for the whole race!" Then I looked at the clock and saw there was still an hour and 52 mins to go... I knew this was going to be a marathon.

I was surprised that we managed to pull away as far as we did, I think we had over 15 seconds on the rest of the field. I knew MINT was quicker than me, especially under braking, so I was amazed I managed to hold him off for as long as I did. I wish I could watch it, stupid PD... Unfortunately, I was making silly mistakes once MINT got past, and I struck the wall at the chicane after taking too much kerb, and that was it really.

The pit stops were a shambles. I hadn't encountered such a level of AI retardedness during practice, if I knew this, I would have reduced the amount of stops and wear. In one stop, I halved the gap to MINT and suddenly, warrior was on my tail, despite being way behind before the pit stop.

The 2nd of my major bummers was just as I was shaping up to lap Ad2mny, where I lost concentration and launched off turn 1. Warrior was through and I was furious. I then realised my best chance to get back 2nd was to pit early, set some good laps on fresh rubber and get the undercut. And it almost worked. But as soon as my left front hit 7, warrior streaked away.

However, warrior did not take on enough fuel, and I was through into 2nd. MINT slowed on the last lap, so there was no chance of me running dry. What a race. I really like these 2 hour endurance races. Well done MINT on the win.

Roll on Series 4!

Cheers, Jono.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    warrior2167 and MINT_GTR like this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Hatfield Are you still able to do the tables mate? Cheers.
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Great series Jono, well done.
    Congrats on the win Mint, you really had some awesome speed in that one.

The early part of the race was a blast, and while trying to make it through the pack I encountered a Queensland wall that was determined to no let me by, After some laps I eventually found a hole in the defence and got through and into 3rd place. The gap to Mint had blown out to 16 seconds, which was still possible but I soon found out the Mint was just too quick and no mater what I tried I couldnt find the same speed.

It wasn't until the final stint that I was somewhat able to match Mint's times. I also probably made the mistake of non running with the minimum fuel load, instead I filled about 30L each stop. And then made another mistake by not putting enough in, on the 3rd stop forcing me to pit again on the penultimate lap.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I went the opposite, I hit the wrong button on the last stop and it filled to car to the brim.:eek:
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Bloody last.

We'll get you next time for sure, after the wounds have scarred up from slitting our wrists. ;)
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Cheers Hatfield, well I guess the curtain will be drawn on the series. Thanks guys.