GT6 [Completed] - 500PPJ The Fell Ratio

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Jan 6, 2017.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Benny won in his R390 Nissan and I used the great start line performance and stability of my mighty Subaru. Mine was a most satisfying win. I had ssman and towards the end Benny queued up behind me, The little suby was outpowered by the Lambo but got off the corners so well that ssman couldn't get me on whatever little straight bits there were and I kept it all very tidy in the bends so that he couldn't get me there either. ssman was veerry patient.
    ssman244 and Hatfield like this.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Finally got the R390 dialled in. It still has nothing down the straights, which makes passing impossible without catching someone off guard, by my is it a hoot to drive in the current configuration!
    Hatfield likes this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Your fastest lap at the last race was nearly a second quicker than ssman and I. By getting past @ssman244 on the last lap you beat me to 3rd on the night and also kept ssman from beating @bmx_mtb_boy.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That all shows how close an event it was, four different winners and lots of close racing.
  5. its-benny-racer

I can thank the Japanese series for learning enough about what works for setting up cars in GT6.
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, that is the point in the race where a lag hit pushed me wide and let hat and bmx slip by me. I forlornly chased bmx for a while but then ssman caught me and I had to put all my attention on holding him off, I misjudged my NOS and had nothing left to prevent him from powering past down the back straight on the last lap. It was great fun.
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Another stinker for myself. Ive really struggled in all race formats last couple weeks. F1 included. Being a combination of binning myself, little mishaps on track or generally just struggling. Getting 4 races closer to a swap got me through last night. Lol.
    Hoping for some better form and a bit of good luck for season 12. Mind you when you look forward to something it goes pear shaped.
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. its-benny-racer

A lot of it does come down to the car, and in particular how well it behaves when tyre wear is on.
    Some cars become unpredictable when tyre wear is on, the HSV in particular I have never felt comfortable in that car when wear is on but when it is off I am far more consistent.
    The last time I felt consistently comfortable in a league car was in the SLS, and even more so in the 908.
  9. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Didn't win a race all night and was so close to pulling it off. It's such a hard track to pass on and the under-steer in the lambo is ridiculous when trying to apply the throttle mid corner, it's tuned better for race tyres i think but when you try and correct it with sharper turning and lower speed the back end steps out and its very hard to modulate the throttle to keep it fast and balanced. Fast car but very hard to drive. Great racing last night guys, sorry bout the tap benny, I knew you were on the outside but I felt momentum turned you and I thought a penalty would be more costly than 1 position so I didn't risk pushing on which I didn't know would've won me the night lol. Great fun though. :thumbsup:
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    At one point at Trial Mountain coming down through the tight down hill corners I got to see every side of the Lambo except the back in my rearview mirror, very entertaining.
    ssman244 likes this.
  11. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I'm normally smoother than that, wrestled the thing all night, glad it was good entertainment though :laugh::thumbsup:
  12. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Was a good night's racing by all. First lap of Laguna Seca was crazy 3 wide. Had a huge lose at Cape ring on my own. Wasn't a good night for PSN. A few people kept me honest too. Good to get a round win with the first street series car I chose.
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah I saw that spin first hand, you disappeared to the right in a cloud of dust/smoke and came back across the track in front of me, I veered to miss you but ended up tagging the front of your car and spearing off track myself, I managed to scrabble back on and press on for the next corner but I hadn't noticed you had recovered quickly and were beside me again and a slight bump between us while I was on full power with dirty tyres sent me spearing off into the fence again, I was displeased but I guess that's racing.
  14. Zanta21

Zanta21 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Zanta21
    How do I get in on all this? Guidance would be much appreciated!
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Welcome to RaceOnOz! First things first, add as many of us as you can to your friends list.

This is what we have coming up on GT6:
    Tonight: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/25-6-17-another-fun-night.2765/

Every Tuesday we run the Street series with fully tuned cars (+nitrous), here's the next event: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/27-6-17-500pps-the-battle-in-britain.2789/

In a few weeks, a new league season will start on Sundays. More info here: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-14-discussion.2761/
    Hatfield and Zanta21 like this.