GT6 [Completed] 500PPS Super Street Event - Hatfield you ID10T

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Apr 20, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Benny got the FL at LeMans so he tied with Bob on points and not bmx, Benny still loses out to Bob on a countback as well.
    Well Done Bob, two weeks in a row.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  2. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    bmx_mtb_boy and Hatfield like this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I stuffed up at SSRX, I set my gearing so I could maintain 350K without NOS but when we went for the line I lost out even though I had plenty of NOS left I hit the rev limiter at about 370. DOHo_O, Oh well, back to the drawing board.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well done Bob, great work at the arena. and well done BMX...a race win on debut. I've got about three days worth of tuning to get the mg manageable on normal tracks now, the race win was almost worth it
    B-Spec Bob and bmx_mtb_boy like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I don't think I'll get another chance to win a street event with cars so out of depth, so I'm pretty disappointed to miss out on the win by so few points. Even more so now the R34 is effectively useless with the PP penalty.

The GT Arena races were painful to say the least, basically you're forced into driving like a :):):):):):) to make a pass or to defend your position. Looking back on the first race I should have been more robust in my position defence, I don't think I've been hit as much as that!

The Stratos was squeamish even on the the straight, I felt like I was on a jumping castle going 310 down the Mulsanne in that thing! That said it really hated the first chicane and the Ford curves, but the car is such a hoot!

And for SSRX I made the same mistake Emmo made, the Supra topped out early when hitting the N20 so I was a sitting duck at the end. I probably should have used the Stratos as the power to weight ratio was significantly better, Supra is just a 600pp top speed demon, nothing more.

Well done Bob on the overall round win.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  6. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

A fun night of racing! 2 fantastic cars to drive. The setup work I did paid off, also helped me realise that thr RS200 would just hose the Pontiac on SSRX, and was miles faster at Le Mans once I dialled out losing the rear under brakes.

I also agree that go kart tracks should probably be left for go karts.
    incey likes this.
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    If this is @Hatfield at his most idiotic, I look forward to Hatfield you 63N1U5. :D
    incey likes this.
  8. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Cheers. Was good racing. Trying a different controller setup. Couldn't get the power down at all for both GT Arena races.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You were the only one to have a podium at three tracks. All the guys that took podiums at the GT Arena fared badly at the two fast tracks and vice versa. I sucked at all of them.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It looks like a full grid for our anniversary round.:thumbsup: