GT6 [Completed] 600PP High Speed Run

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Aug 4, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  2. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Yea you were blindingly fast there!:thumbsup::cry:
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @B-Spec Bob can you help me out with the cars again? (lol thx if you can...but it is ok if you can't just let me know)
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    This was my first Street event where tire wear was a significant factor. All those left turns!
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    good point...these higher powered cars really do eat tires for breakfast!
    Also found out a little bit more on how to catch a slide...
    The lambo would get the back end out something fierce at times and normally my smooth steering style meant I would just go around...but in anger, I tried being more aggressive and was able to catch the tail a couple of times.

Also thanks @aranteamo for the repay by helping me (if only minimally) straighten up from my slide at motegi
  6. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Same here hats, my lambo was very loose and oversteery on corner entry helped a lot for turning in and got a lot of overtakes doing it, but sometimes it would catch me out big time and send me into a spin especially when the tyres get abit worn, If i hadn't of spun at every track I could of been in for a better result, damn it oh well. Next time.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Are you guys interested in including some ovals in other events?
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol the 'Emmo's ROC ticket' event

I don't mind them
  9. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

No thanks emmo your ford gt is too fast ;)
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    'XXX Route' 3x Route X and no 4th track needed as @emmo46 will have 79 points by that stage already
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It's down to 590 PP now.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Actually it wasn't that fast on the straights, it just has great grip and corner entry speed in the high speed corners. Slambo was edging away from me on the straights even when I had his draft, but by mid corner I was all over him.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think tyre wear also played into my hands, from mid race on at both ovals I was still flying and could see the Lambos starting to fade.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ok so I think I got all the new cars from this round...
    @Russell had the enzo
    @Slambobagan had the gallardo
    @aranteamo had the LFA nur edition
    what was @pat65 using once he realised the RX-7 didn't quite work?
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Pat used a Spyker C8 Lavatory at Motegi, then used an Audi RS 6 '02 at HSR Reverse and then went back to the RX7 for Indy.
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    If anyone has a replay from indy I would be interested to review the incident I was called out on. Call it learning and development.
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Don't worry too much about it mate. A small touch with Hat made him give me a small nudge, which was enough to send the tail happy Fezza into an epic slide resulting in a spin. A redress would have been nice, but I would also be happy to put it down to a racing incident.
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Basically incey you just went down the inside but had too much speed to keep the inside line and so started drifting out wide and tapped me...I would've gone into the wall if not for tb who was next to me.
    But like tb said, racing incident but in a super serious series a redress would have been in order.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I did redress TB.
    I just got heaps of bigger taps than that during the nite and never thought of complaining about them. It'd be informative to know where the line is.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    really it is situational. generally a tap that causes you to go off or spin should be redressed...but tap/bump passing is not acceptable. You should be able to pass cleanly