GT6 [Completed] 600PPH - Hyper Car Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Feb 10, 2016.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    needed a bump, who'll be hosting @Hatfield ......would it be a good opportunity to test @Adronaught's lightning warp speed fixed room ownership with balanced overhead cat injection option
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    only if he has the room up on time. Otherwise, we will convert your practice room incey... just make sure to have it set to endurance
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    probably would be better to make a freshie if you want me to host
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    why? we change the track 3 times on a normal night...
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i was just thinking that the practice room is sometimes heavily abused with all the in and out action of flags and such and becomes quite worn out by the time the real deal is ready to start. a nice fresh one would surely be more pleasant
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well your last practice room seemed fine apart from being lap numbered instead of timed
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Umm...you actually want numbered laps rather than timed for this one.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol shows how well I pay attention. @incey looks like numbered laps room is fine tonight
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i know, i set it up last night :D
    Hatfield likes this.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    That was an interesting nights racing!
    at indy, the skyline had a better lap time than the rs6 but it was still off the pace of the front guys, had a good battle with @B-Spec Bob for a while until his sliding style got the better of him and he dropped back.

Monza the top 4 grid spots were 4wd and we obviously started well. However with the long braking distances required, the front 2 ran wide and I slipped between @B-Spec Bob and @N64TheStig007 at the exit to the first chicane to take the lead which I held until @Slambobagan made his way through the field. I saved nos for the last lap but it wasn't enough...less than a second behind.

The rs6 had the power at le mans but once again it was no match for the zonda. On the final lap @emmo46 had gotten past and we had both run out of nos but in the final section of curves emmo dirtied his tires on the grass which meant he was skating through the corners and my 4wd had enough from the last corner to beat him over the line

Nurb was difficult as always but in the skyline it felt managable...until the first hill where despite braking early, the car got airborne and bounced when it landed meaning I was off and ended up sideways across the track. I hit the pause to ghost a second too late. Then when it seemed safe to try to get going, I noticed all the damage and the car was crawling when I got smashed up the rear by someone (sorry). After this I had to find a way past @emmo46 who had the goods on the straights but not in the corners. I was getting frustrated when he spun to let me through.
    I tailed @its-benny-racer until the back straight but went onto the grass the corner before so I had no hope to catch him, but a happy 4th resulted.

Well done @Slambobagan too good in that car. Also to @Bryan_F at nurb beating all the 4wd cars lol
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I still had NOS at the end of Lemans but the car was slipping and sliding all over the place and I could't use the NOS, to make things worse I am still getting used to the different wheel and came out of the last corner 2 gears too high.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had a good night at two of the tracks, at Indy the car had the goods but I lost too much time early battling with Incey, by the time I cleared him Slambo was 3 seconds ahead and I could only close that up to 2 over the second half of the race, Interestingly he was making time on me on the back straight and I was gaining in turns 1 and 2. I would have thought with him being 10PP down I would have had the advantage on the straight but it wasn't that way.
    For the 4th race in a row at Monza I was last at the end of lap 1, my fault this time. Sorry Bryan. your braking to miss the mob ahead of you caught me by surprise.
    At le mans the car was good again but over the last section I touched grass too many times and although I didn't spin (I'm surprised too) I was struggling to keep the car on track and was easy pickings for hat to snatch 2nd place from me at the line.
    The Nurb was a complete nightmare. I got clobbered along with some others in turn 1 and dropped well off the lead. I managed to get back up to midfield through the various dramas of others but I was overdriving the Ford, it needs to be stroked and I was pushing too hard. I still managed a fourth place on the night which is typical of where I normally finish, I had a 2nd and 3rd podium to add to the CV as well.
    I am looking forward to the next two rounds, the Scion and Dino should be in contention for some podiums at least.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  15. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Fun night but yet Another car way down on pp now, bugger;)
    It's only done 2 nights racing and it's already 25 down, can't believe how quick this zonda is considering I tuned and tested for 500pp racing, even with 200hp less than some of the other cars it still keeps up on the straights must have minimal downforce, and it showed at the ring every little bump in the road I was airborne, every curb I took it jumped up into the wall, definitely suited to flowing smooth tracks,
    B-Spec Bob likes this.