GT6 [Completed] - 600PPH US Open

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Jun 15, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    you won't need brakes at the two ovals. turn 1 at Daytona road might be a bit challenging though.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    sweet, might paint the car yellow or white so it matches the t1 wall at daytona
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    good thinking. :thumbsup:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

There's always the handbrake
  5. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

I'm in ferrari
  6. steven

steven New Recruit

PSN ID
    stevenYZF250
    Does the corvette stingray c7 count?
  7. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Yes.
  8. steven

steven New Recruit

PSN ID
    stevenYZF250
    Sweet I'll use that then :)
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done Benny
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Nice job on the win Benny!

Surprised I ended up as high as I did with 2 disasterous races.

The Supra simply couldn't handle the corners at all so I'll only be using this car if a 600pp event visits Route X again.
    Daytona Road was even worse, the R34 Nissan was so far out of its depth I was lapping a staggering 8 seconds off the pace!
    I can't work out how I won at Indy, usually the Mine's is outclassed by other cars superior grip and power but it came up trumps, I can't remember the last time I had a win with it.
    But of course it was back to normality on the speedway and it was bloody satisfying having cars steam past only to swoop around the outside again!
    Sam D Blacklock and Hatfield like this.
  12. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I can't think of another track where the One-77 would be as effective as it was on the Daytona oval, it genuinely felt like a proper NASCAR around there, I barely lifted the right foot from start to finish.

I almost ruined my chances of staying in the running in the 2nd race, managed to work my way up to 5th before having a big off on the infield section. Managed to scrounge enough points in the last 2 races to get my first regulation event win.

I sorta mentioned it as a joke, but I've been wondering how a GT6 demolition derby might go. 10-15 minute races in identical cars, full damage on, salty banter rules (anything goes), whoever completes the most laps in the allotted time wins the round.
    incey and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    I should have won Daytona RC, but with no mirror on gt6 i wasn't sure i had cleared the 2nd place car so i gave more throttle to make sure but i ended up over steering off the track and lost some places, then at Indianapolis RC on the last corner i got caught out by pat sitting in the middle of the track going about 100kmh slower than me and i lost 1-2 spots which sucked because i would have been at the top of the points but oh well, the racing was fun so i will probably be back next week.
    Thanks guys :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sure but would you show up for the GT6 ROC in the SLS?
  15. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Do i get a free biscuit? If so then yeah...
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so you wanna play biscuit do you?
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Last night was very enjoyable. I managed to scrape ahead of Bob in the points by 1 point and get a third place on the night. I made some mistakes in the road races that lost me places and points but I doubt I'd have finished higher than 3rd on the night anyway so I'm happy. Surprisingly the Mazda got me a better finish than the Ford, it loves the high speed stuff.
    I had only done a couple of laps at Daytona oval in it just to confirm it was about half a second a lap better then the Ford so had no idea it would be so hard on it's tyres. I was sh%*ting bricks for the last four laps as the right rear was down to 7 and I was hanging onto long oversteering slides for most of the way around the two corners. I was trembling with adrenaline and my arms were numb from holding the myriad little slides at about 340 KPH. Over the last couple of laps I was down to about 320- 330 in the corners and looking back to see if anyone was gaining. A very satisfying finish as I had nothing in the car to catch the Aston.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I enjoyed the night even though my car/driving sucked at three of the four tracks. I was really surprised how well it went at the indy oval compared to everything else. It was a good laugh after the disappointing race on the weekend.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The mix of tracks certainly made for an interesting night, there were 9 different faces on the podium. I was doing all I could to catch you and Bryan at Indy and was gaining especially over the last couple of laps but the race wasn't long enough.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Maybe we should do the same tracks as the US Juniors in 500PP cars.
    JonoStan96 likes this.