GT6 [Completed] - 650PPO Oval the Top

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Feb 16, 2017.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Had a good time watching the battles in the first half, Indy was particularly interesting as all the guys who swapped to road cars had large top speed advantages but the race car users were sweeping back by in the bends. The battle for the win was pretty fantastic as well with ssman seeming to have the edge in the corners but not having enough car for the straights. Watching Bob drift his Lotus through the bends losing heaps of ground, only to come down the straights like a freight train pulling huge distances on his opponents was pretty exciting too.
    My mistake was doing a running commentary with a friend over skype, who got interested, saddened when I said its an Aus/NZ Rooz thing, then tried to convince me to run.
    After a veeeeery slow build up in pace had a bit of fun trying to catch and then work with Bryan to try and advance at SSRX but sadly we didn't catch up and Bryan got the best of me out of the final bend.
    Thanks for the fun guys.
    ssman244 and emmo46 like this.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

The One 77 doesnt come out often, wasn't really expecting it to be that good at SSRX. But hearing people on the mic going under 450km/h made my 473 feel pretty good. Saved most of my laughing gas for the last lap, 502 down the back straight.
    Hatfield likes this.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Bout the only two tracks that are any good for the zonda. Just hold it flat and turn left. Hated traffic thou. No contact with anyone but as soon as i went to go past just lose the back end. I reakon i spun half a dozen times in that 2nd race. Cost me dearly. Wasnt to happy gtr lost 5pp because @Luckgoesmyway wanted to go straight instead of left. Going round in circles is surprisingly fun thou.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think we should do more Oval nights. I was really disappointed to miss race 1 last night (damn PSN:mad:). My Vette was doing high 31's esasily and it has no NOS, Do you know your qually time and fastest lap from race 1.
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Qually was 30.7 and race was a tenth quicker.
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The Vette would have been outpaced then.
  7. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Nige won Race 2 emmo. The timing screen stuffed because it was so close and probably cause we swapped postions twice in the last lap
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ok, I'll fix it. Did you have FL?
  9. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    yea I had FL
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Revised Chart

[​IMG]
    StigsTC likes this.
  11. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    3rd - 48
    4th - 48
    5th - 47
    6th - 46
    7th - 44
    Now THAT is a championship!
    emmo46 likes this.
  12. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Did bob beat my lap 3 time at SSRX?
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    yep, just, on the last lap.
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    tuesday nights are good times @StigsTC I'm surprised you haven't been there more often. (get a headset, it improves the night by factors...sony 2.0 is v good for the low price)
  15. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

class act ss. last night at indy was another epic highlight of racing for me since joinn the rooz.. i now know what drivers mean when they say there are drivers that you just know you can race that close with
    ssman244 likes this.