GT6 [Completed] - 700PPU Grow-er, not a show-er

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Sep 27, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This series will be held on the 11th of October for 700PPU You Can't be Serious Street cars and is part of the Rooz take it to the street series viewed here:
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/current-rooz-take-it-to-the-street.1590/

Points will be awarded using the same system as Sunday league but with no dropped round.

Start time around 8:20.
    Tyres = RS
    10 minute races

Race 1 - Monaco
    Race 2 - Le Mans 2013 with Chicanes
    Race 3 - SSR5 clubman
    Race 4 - SSR7

1. emmo - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP full power
    2 Benny - Pescarolo C60 full power
    3. Hatfield - Minolta whatsit full power
    4. Incey - Mazda LM55 full power
    5. Jono - Audi R8 Race Car '01 full power
    6. Bryan - Peugeot VGT full power
    7. bmx_boy - Jaguar XJR-9 LM 88' full power
    8. BMWF30328 - BMW V12LMR full power
    9. Cola1001 - Toyota 7 '70 full power
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Citroën GT by Citroën Concept '08 at this stage
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Mazda LM55
    Monaco is going to be challenging
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Toyota GT-ONE (TS020)
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    SSR5 clubman could be challenging as well.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    not as I reckon, ssr5 has flowy corners and its much wider
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Peugeot VGT
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Might try the Audi R8 Race Car '01 instead
  10. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Jaguar XJR-9 LM 88' for me.
  11. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

BMW V12LMR please. A Handful but in a fun way...
  12. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Just a heads up re the SSR7 race next Tuesday. I tuned my FAP Peugeot to roughly its best there and then saved the best lap replay and then ran my Ford GT against it. Bear in mind the Ford maxes at around 660pp. Even from the rolling 2nd gear start in time trial mode the Ford was well ahead of the FAP ghost (flying lap) before the braking point for the first tight corner. I braked at what I thought was a brave but prudent point based on my previous laps in the FAP. The resultant chaos left me so confused I had to rely on the passing FAP ghost to work out which way the track went. With this experience taken on board my imagìnation projects forward to the approach to this section on the opening lap next Tuesday. I have since roughly worked out the braking point. Those of you that wiĺl be behind me running up to that turn (I'm hoping that will be all of you) may notice me growing very large on your screens with brakes light ablaze long before what you think is an appropriate place to begin the retardation process. I will be looking out for people behind me and allowing room, to not do so could result in some of us being launched into parts of the galaxy as yet unseen by humans. Please be aware of the vast differences in performance from this mix of cars otherwise utter mayhem will be the result.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Hatfield and REVO_Bryan like this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    BTW I wiĺl be definitely be running the Ford at SSR7 as it is 10 seconds a lap faster even without NOS.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am hoping my run in the Ford at SSR7 is more fruitful than Le Mans last week. I was hoping to test it against @Hatfield 's Fazza but it was not to be. The race started with a lag hit that stopped me dead and then after getting going again a second hit left me at 90 degrees to the pit wall. I eventually got going with nobody in sight but cola disappearing in my mirror. By turn three or four I passed Bryan as he headed off for a day at the beach. On the first leg of the straight I passed a recovering Steven only to have him hit me full on the throttle instead of the brake at the entry for the first chicane. Somehow I still managed to slither through the right/left only for him to T bone me when he short cut the corner as I powered out. I got going again with him falling away as we approached the 2nd chicane, then looming large in my mirror as I braked. I was very relieved to then see him disappear sideways off towards Belgium.
    I powered through the third section of the straight, got through the right hander Ok and then as I got to the left hander at the end of the next long straight there was a huge pack just ahead that probably had everyone in it except Bob.
    With new boy MEF in the sand on the left and the pack just ahead I powered out of the right hander convinced I would pass the pack by the curves. Unfortunately the Ford responded by imitating a rotating sprinkler head and left me facing head on into the inside wall. I backed out and gunned it towards the curves, the tyres only turning blue again as I braked for said curves. At the end of the first lap I screamed past two GT500s by passing through between them on the pit straight only to find myself then heading for the sand as the track veered right. As I slapped my forehead in disgust the PSN took that as a sign and disconnected me from the server. Oh what might have been based on Hat's performance in the Fazza, my lap times in practice indicate I could have been right there.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I think there was carnage at that same turn in the 500pp. that race was the closest to the front the Alfa has ever been
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    PDs idea of having curved braking zones at the end of monstrously fast straights is warped.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    won't be running the citroen... will give the minolta a go
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Remember guys to signup if you want a definite spot on the grid
  20. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

Toyota 7 '70 thanks