AC [Completed] Assetto Corsa PS4 fun race night 26/08/16

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Konnor McCluskey, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    look, its not without its issues, but the Racing itself is good. i hated it at first, but once i got used to the driving model and the physics differences, i was loving it. we had some great fun last night with about 8 Roozers in some lobbies.

at this stage its not a league capable racer, but great to jump on with some of the lads and have fun. if they sort out the private lobbies then itll go a long way IMO.

i must emphasise , that i wouldve returned it if i had bought a hard copy at a store, but im glad i couldnt, because now im loving it!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

It's a long term investment. The FFB and car sounds are second to none on console. I'm sure it's online issues will be fixed and new features added with time. By the time GT Sport comes out it potentially could be the best platform out there for league racing. The game does have default setups however you can't at present customise the lobby room settings which is its ultimate flaw. As far as day 1 releases go it's stable and for the most part bug free.
    Spidey_11 and Zachery like this.
  3. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Well vards....had a practically full room of ROOZERS last night and never heard a bad word about it apart from the obvious of no private lobbies. I :):):):)in love it, I'm ready to snap my pcars disk in half
  4. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    I'm not looking at getting it :/ Was thinking it looked okay but no Priv lobbies is almost a deal breaker; I'll just wait till I have F1... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Minor thing too, but the menus and ui make me physically ill...

Aside from that, it's good to hear it plays well racing wise; all in all that is the main thing
  5. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Does not put any effort into indicating positions after the race is done. Also lobbies are fixed and cannot change number of laps so is a waste of time as far as league racing goes in its current form.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  6. Konnor McCluskey

Alright guys tonight I will be on a couple hours before the racing tonight so join my chat. I will send out invites once I can see most of us are in to hopefully fill a room before randoms join. If a random does join and the kick vote comes up.....we must all make sure we push agree to vote with R3 (g29) not sure what it is on the other wheels, if we all agree on a restart then the same thing applies by pushing R3.

Tonight will be 4 races as the races are quite short, normal rooz points and obviously most points wins overall

Look forward to seeing you all on !!
    Zachery likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yep sounds good mate, its R3 on my T150 too, so i assume thats default button, hopefully see ya tonight.
  8. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Might sound stupid, but can we please make sure everyone knows how to vote to kick someone before they get invited, dont want a repeat of last night.
  9. Konnor McCluskey

Yea for sure, I'm trying to explain it in here but not really working haha

Everyone know how to agree to kick someone in game?
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i know how to agree to the vote but not how to initiate the vote
  11. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

You guys have almost convinced me to not return it,
    Should I break the seal and own it yes or no, if it's worth it for what it is so far?
  12. Konnor McCluskey

Gotta give it time mate, join tonight if ya like? Starting in half n hour or so
  13. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Ok screw it, I'm bored and wana race I'll load it up, see you soon
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92