GT6 [Completed] - December Topgear-esqe Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    unfortunate about the wheel...luckily you still won the night!!
    seth123 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will post results and a write up tomorrow sometime
    seth123 likes this.
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Well wrath the wait, well done @Hatfield well done, what a fun night
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So we started out the night revealing the cars at Route X, and having 3 drag race heats with the winners going on to a final followed by a top speed run.
    Next up moving to Spa 1 timed lap was run and then revealed to set a reverse grid for a 100% wet race (much to the delight of the only AWD car, the GTR with @BMWF30328
    Continuing to Nur GP/D each driver was informed to leave the pits run a non-timed lap and enter the pits again with the tire screen open and then their fuel level was noted to score the economy run which set the grid for a Rally X race.
    Time permitted so we finished up with a 1 lap race at Sierra where, while leading, @seth123 seemed to spin and then instead of recovering, started rolling at 60...we then found out his wheel had broken :(
    The night ended with each driver voting for their favorite car (besides their own) and the twist was then revealed to be the extra points based on how many thousand your car cost under the $100K limit.

Seth's wheel breaking could have cost him the night but luckily, most people's favorite car was the Viper.

Well done Seth on the event win!

@t_b_williams not sure if you want to give a ROC ticket for this. It was all clean driving.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That was good fun last night, the GT-R and Viper were by far and away the best cars along with the Corvette, maybe we should have banned American cars lol. I was shocked to see how competitive the KTM was as well, in hindsight I would have picked the 15th Anniversary version of it (base price plus stage 1 engine tuning by default).

I figured that that if there were some more twisty circuits the ZZ-S, Rocket and Caterham might have had more of a chance but now, I don't think it would have made much difference. The ZZ-S was fantastic to drive, but nearly impossible in the wet, MR drivetrain cars are the worst in the wet save for RR cars. On lap 1 I slid out after Blaunchimont and ended up skipping the Bus Stop chicane!

All in all it was a good night, well done to Seth. I'm keen for a sequel with cheaper cars to eliminate the grossly OP cars so we have a more competitive night.
    Nathancarhead and seth123 like this.
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Maybe an event of 4 cyclinder cars only couldn't imagine an expensive one of those lol. The top of power of the viper really saved me against most of the field, I couldn't pass the GTR in a straight line at the final race, he would be out of the corner miles before I could power down made it interesting when we were both 2 wide through the hair pin corners I needed a couple of kilometres of road to use my power!
    Wish Hayden didn't disconnect at Spa was a good battle between who would plant 600hp down first really thought the GTR would've been done for when it spun on the grid but he caught to us before the bus stop, great drive BMW.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Had heaps of fun with this last night. unfortunately i think my car (the rocket) just wasn't suited to any of the events besides the economy run, and even then I got bested by the Tesla's. For me, the night didn't start to bad in the drag race, Jono and I both got destroyed by Seth's Viper, but i manged to hold off Jono. Then come the top speed run, i knew i would be well down on everyone else topping out at 216 km/h. Moving onto Spa, the 1 lap quali started alright, but then i got to aggressive through Eau Rouge and lost the car, that was quali over. Having said that, the car felt great in the dry. Then the rain came down hard and the first corner reminded me of the start to the 1998 Belgian F1 GP. cars bouncing off walls left right and center all trying to hold the car on the tarmac. By Eau Rouge i was last fighting with Benny for last throughout the whole race. Trying to put Spa out of my mind, we moved to the ring. This is where i had the bet chance in an economy run. For a few seconds i thought i had won that event too, until i remembered there were a couple of electric cars....

The next event was instantly my favorite. I loved the rallycross. although my car wasn't the quickest, i knew i could make up so much ground through the corners and then my car seemed to be half decent on the grass as well! My best moment of the night came here as i passed the GTR (i think) in mid air as we passed by the chicane. From there we moved to Sierra, where once again i was destroyed off the start as every bigger and faster cars came storming by.

And once that was over, Hat introduced the twist, and i dropped further down the field as my car cost the full 100K. Regardless of the results, i had heaps of fun. Thanks to Hat for running the event, and I'm very much hoping there might be a squeal to this at some point!
  9. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

The Caterham in sock trim is very very slow off the line, motorbike engine has no torque at all and it does something like 120 in 1st gear. Would have done ok on a dry track with no sharp hairpin corners.

In the wet it was just silly. It doesn't matter what gear you are in, if you let it get up to power revs it breaks traction and the back instantly overtakes the front, so I spent most of the wet race just trying to avoid wheel-spin.

Was most enjoyable at Sierra as I could carry enough speed to keep the revs up.
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    SOOOOOOOO ANNOYED I MISSED THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was convinced to help a mate out picking up a lounge suite they had bought. This ended up taking waaaaaaaayyyyyy too long, and by the time I got home most of the event would have been done, and I had work to do on my trailer to prep for painting the next day. Would have been interesting to see how my car would have faired. Not too good it sounds like against the viper corvette and GTR. I would have been driving the BMW M3 07
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Your car would've been great in the wet race at spa, can't remember what Bryan had but it was giving the corvette and myself a run think it was electric. The sudden rain was good bought the field back together lapping the same as Jonos 4 banger from about a 25 seconds difference!

I definitely think a sequel is needed maybe might have to rough it on the controller :sick:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP is updated with everyones cars etc