GT6 [COMPLETED] Mini's on The Mountain

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good thoughts Doogle. We sometimes have so much to do out the back and IRL, us mod's end up working a bit like the government - we end up being reactive to problems that come up, rather than being proactive and looking ahead. The success of the Sunday League is one of the reasons mid-week events don't always work. Guys put so much time into the practice and strat's, committing 100% to something else becomes very tough. I used to run sideline events on a Monday night to have the biggest gap between it and the next league race. It was almost an unwritten rule that there was no practice until the night and a lot of those events were open to tuning!!

The other focus for those events was about having fun. Sure, we raced hard, but it was about racing each other, not about getting the best line or shaving an extra tenth off your lap time. I have always wanted to run a blind event, but time keeps getting in the way. What is a blind event you say, well I would open a room on the night of the race, whoever wants in joins the room. Then you find out what car and track will be used that night. 20 min prac, 10 min qual and race!! Obviously there is a bit more to it than that, but you get the idea.

As a community, I think we are all looking forward to see what Pcars has to offer. Personally I am concerned it may be hamstrung somewhat by some the same issues that effect GT6 (PSN anyone??). We want to keep this community going strong so we aren't thinking Pcars vs GT6(or 7), but Pcars and GT6, and AC and whatever else. PC gaming still has issues and I am finding the logistics of the PC world very difficult compared to the plug and play nature of consoles. But, there is no reason we can't cater for both.

Hope this answers some of your questions.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Dave I think it has lots to do with what day it is run. I'm guessing every league driver has some form of arrangement with the handbrake/family that says something along the lines of 'Sunday nights are important to me and I will not be able to spend any time with you between 7.30pm and 9.30-10pm and if you interrupt me during that time, you are off the Christmas card list'. Events in between seasons on this night are guaranteed a fairly good showing.

I've also found that 'who' is in the event can have bearing on who else joins. Anon is always good for a laugh, and has a pretty large following. Mustafur brings the fast guys with him. Stu has quite a few followers too that will join an event if he's in it.

Clevo's Nascar events are always huge, because it gets such great feedback, and all the big names are in there too.

I like the idea of shorter sprints, I think 10 minute events with 2 races each track, 2 tracks for the night would be plenty. The best racing in the mini was when it was all bunched up, and 5-6 laps would just start to spread the field out before it finished. I may try that after the ROC (yay I'm in!!) see how it goes.
  3. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    well said Annon i like that blind bit too
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Sorry Col I missed that one. The event has been called off due to being unable to arrange a day to suit everyone. Will run more soon keep an eye out if you're interested in between seasons.
  5. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Thanks for the comments guys and (as usual), great valid points.

I completely agree that Sundays are the best day (down to the agreed time everyone has at home with their families).
    For me I find Fri & Sat nights the best as I don't usually stay up late during the week and prefer to chill out in front of the TV before going to bed (to let the mind unwind before going to bed), which is why during the week you usually find be on around 7pm - 8pm or so and then I'm done for the night - where as others don't get on until 9.30pm until late. Horses for courses.

As for Pcars, I have no doubts at all that there will be teething issues when released and online gaming is always fraught with problems - but I think the worse part with Sony is not knowing what is going on.
    At least by the sounds of it SMS are pretty good at communicating with their followers and will hopefully continue to do so after the release, when they are rectifying issues.
    I guess the downside of the game being multi-platform is that players will be spread across those platforms so unless there is a general bias towards one or the other, creating leagues may not be as easy.
    Also, if Pcars does turn out to be the bees knees, how likely is it that the ROOZ Sunday league would ever shift to Pcars instead of GT6/7 (in time, not straight away)....or is the Sunday League destined to remain a GT-based league?

Apologies for all the questions. I guess I'm still trying to work out if going the PC route will be better long-term or should a PS4 + new wheel be a better option. I really enjoy the ROOZ community and the hard & fair racing that we all participate in but Sony/PD/GT6/PSN are starting to wear my patience very thin....which makes the decision to go down the PS4 route that much harder.

Or maybe I should just stick with the PS3 and GT6 until they die a slow death and then evaluate down the track :confused:
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Nobody can tell what the future will bring, so best to just be patient. Once pcars is actually out, Im sure things will be much clearer :)
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The Matterhorn is a mountain, fits your theme and there are a couple of layouts.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  8. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    with me i am sticking where i am at the moment because
    1 i cannot afford ps4 and Pccars
    2and also racing on pc with iracing ect cost a lot of money and up grades on thge computer
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I got my PS4 on pre-order which was like a Christmas layby made it easier to get.

The extra fees and upgrades is what turned me away from PC's. I'd like to try iracing but I don't think my computer is good enough, then I'd need another wheel etc.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Gran Turismo is the only game I play so won't be moving to PS4 until PD does GT7 on it. I suspect that will be a couple of years from now.
  11. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    plus you will need $500 like i spent to compete with the cars and tracks you need to buy and pay your member fee as well
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah but is it worth it Col? I hear it's like open lobby in gran turismo. Just get rammed and races ruined.
  13. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    @emmo46 @Ad2mny
    Can't get my old PS3 to read the GT6 disk at all now (the reason I bought a new one). Its where the replay for round 1 is. So I can't get exact times, unless Gary wants to have another crack. But looking at the times that Gary posted way back. It is clear that CAGM won round one quite convicingly.
    Let me know the final series results as soon as you figure them out so I can update the ROC.
    Sorry I couldn't help
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ok cheers.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ok after much head scratching, what we will do is just round points. No points for pole, only fastest lap over the two races on the night.

Bathurst

room 1

Race 1
    T_B_Williams 2:36.820
    DRZ-Hatfield 2:37.076 pole
    patg65 2:37.203
    gary61 2:36.746
    N64TheStig007 2:37.075
    Clevohead (dsc) 2:42.196

Race 2
    gary61 2:36.269
    T_B_Williams 2:36.398
    DRZ-Hatfield 2:36.184(FL)
    patg65 2:39.264
    Clevohead 2:40.296
    N64TheStig007 (dsc)2:37.027

room 2

Race 1:
    CAGM 2:34.343 (FL)
    DoogleDave 2:35.426
    S_Close 2:35.237
    S54VED 2:35.829
    Anon666 2:34.597
    Colin-50_ 2:42.008
    emmo46 2:37.162

Race 2:
    Anon666 2:34.717
    CAGM 2:34.567
    DoogleDave 2:35.427
    S_Close 2:34.797
    S54VED 2:36.381
    Colin-50_ 2:42.049
    emmo46 2:38.318

Trial Mtn

race 1

MINT_GTR (FL 1:39.808)
    Anon666
    CAGM7
    Stumbles01
    garyw61
    Ad2mny
    t_b_williams
    emmo46
    S54VED
    patg65
    Clevohead
    Colin-50_

race 2

MINT_GTR
    CAGM7
    Anon666
    t_b_williams
    Stumbles01
    S54VED
    garyw61
    emmo46
    patg65
    Clevohead
    Ad2mny
    Colin-50_

Will get the results from Trial tonight and will edit them into this post (edit Done!). @emmo46 can you please sort out the points mate. Check back tomorrow and I'll have full event results.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    To my untrained eye, looks like it was between t_b_williams and CAGM7, with a 1-2 each in the first round at bathurst plus CAGM7's FL point, but then a 2nd and 1st by CAGM7 beats a 7th and a third from t_b_williams at Trial. I just watched that 2nd race at bathurst again from different perspectives. That was some brilliant fun.:thumbsup:
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    CAGM first with 87 points, Anon 2nd with 76 points and T_B third with 70 points. I will put up a table tonight when I get access to imgur.
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    See that's why I don't do the numbers. I look now and see Anon's results too well done guys.
  19. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    The second race at trial mountain, PD was nice to me and I didn't disconnect, I won that one lol
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Oh yeah we had that weird glitchy thing where I couldn't see you after you maliciously took me out lol ;).

Fixed.