GT6 [Completed] - mixed PP Century Cup - 100 Events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Apr 5, 2017.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I enjoyed just getting on since the end of last season. I just needed to do some racing with you guys :)

Sorry about our collision at Bathurst @apex2691
    I honestly couldn't be anymore to the left as I was half over the grass even with that wall approaching

The finish at monaco was funny... With 3 cars under a second apart only to find @B-Spec Bob who we couldn't see had won by 2-3 seconds lol
    B-Spec Bob, emmo46 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Happy to take a round win after so long. Maybe the absence of Bob and SSman had something to do with it...
    cola1001 and emmo46 like this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    which car did apex win race in?
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    tommykaira zz-s
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Sorry about our collision at Bathurst @apex2691
    I honestly couldn't be anymore to the left as I was half over the grass even with that wall approaching

Considering you mentioned it, i will explain why it was outrageously bad driving and was the last straw for me.
    If you were so close to the grass (which you were) approaching McPhillamy Park you could not make the corner without using me as a turning post which you did on my rear left quarter panel. From the line that you were approaching the McPhillamy Park corner you must brake to make the corner, even with high grip tyres. This was after I had been ever so careful not to hit Emmo who was spluttering and almost parked it on Griffins and the Cutting.
    The previous race i hit a wall when traveling behind you (Hat) as you slowed into the fast blind chicane at SSR5C
    I did this because I was avoiding hitting you in the rear, only to be taken out on my rear left quarter panel a lap later by someone who confuses blocking with defensive driving. In 4 of my last 6 races in TITTS I have been "taken out" the other 2 I was so far in front it was not possible. My first single race (just joined in for a race) 6 months ago was similar with same culprits driving inconsiderately. This put me off trying TITS again for 6 months.
    I definitely will not race in TITTS again.
    Cheers to Bryan, Knuckles and Lucky for driving with respect in all TITTS races I have been in.
    P.S. I can also do mathematics. Protests and results at Spa were carefully orchestrated to not effect the Championship standings, Even waiting for last race results to be sure of this. The worst offender got off without repercussion.
    I pleaded for you to tell all Div1, I was the one who protested, and to post the replays, guilty or not guilty for all to see.
    This was so standards could be set and an understanding of what is considered a continuous track violation would be clearer. The worst track cut of all was omitted from one drivers clips (was this to avoid embarrassment?) which made his disqualification look harsh.
    Transparency is vital and you guys missed an opportunity to set standards and be transparent.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I can also do mathematics, and I'm struggling to work out how point values can change during a season...

Protesting half the field and not supplying any footage probably doesn't help either.
    Kieran_B33, B-Spec Bob and Zachery like this.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sigh...... apex I have asked the guys to address your concerns here rather than takento a PM, in the interest of transparency.

Now I have no idea how those protests were ruled, but accusing the guys of manipulating it is pretty harsh (that's putting it nicely)

The only other thing I will say, comments probably aren't needed that don't directly involve those concerned.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @apex2691 did you copy this from someone ? Your first line you apologize to yourself ... I'm confused
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The first two lines are cut and paste from Hatfield's apology further up.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    As a matter of interest, who was it that hit you in the rear corner panel in the SSR5 clubman race?
  12. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Enjoyed the mixed class races. Two 2nds to start off with was more then happy with. Was content to sit behind @emmo46 at bathurst for another 2nd. Lost it all by myself. And had a good laugh at the pile up at monaco. Not so much the incident but the comments. "Im not accelerating im being pushed" everyone just stacking up while lucky just pissed off outa there.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Q1/ Think a bit harder.
    Q2/ I supplied footage via another Div1 driver.

I was happy to stay speechless about the TITTS races and leave it on the track, until the TITTS race "incident" was referred to.
    I would not accuse them of orchestration unless;
    a/ the timing of the release and
    b/ because the footage was not posted for all to decide (transparency)
    c/ footage was omitted
    I stand by my accusation.

Unless the guilty party brings it up, I will not name them.
    But if the guilty party does bring it up without acknowledging full responsibility, I will state my version/case.

P.S. Whispers behind the shed are not needed and have harmed ROOZ.
    I say what I think without fear because I find it more offensive to talk behind others backs or continually grumble about something without stating it.
    I also think Anne's upheld protest was deplorable. Rooz should have been going out of its way to make her welcome. The lapping car only just got to her after she overshot a corner. She did no wrong.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Anne is very welcome here. She is a very good racer.
    JonoStan96, Kieran_B33 and Hatfield like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll have a look at the replay just to satisfy my curiosity. I know I was near you at one of your spins but don't believe I caused it.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I guess I better write my opinion on the incident.

Coming through turns 8 & 9 (double left that dips and rises before the left into mcphillamy) I noticed you got a bad run out of it which allowed me to come alongside down the inside.
    I gave room as you started moving to the left. I moved as far left as I could to avoid you but make the corner. You kept coming and turned into me, only slightly but enough to bump you off to the right which at that speed meant you were in the sand.
    ^IMO
    :)
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    You were never alongside me. My red indicator arrow only came on entering McPhillamy. You were behind me exiting Sulimen Park and were trying overtake me on the inside around McPhillamy Park. I repeat, from the line that you were approaching the McPhillamy Park corner you must brake to make the corner, even with high grip tyres. You didn't brake you used my rear side quarter to turn your car. Without me there it would have been you in the sand if you didn't slow or brake.
    Takes a lot of skill in any car to overtake around the mountain at Bathurst, I didn't even consider it and as such was following Emmo, as it often ends up in carnage and often for other drivers behind as well (as it did in our case). I had chances at Griffins and the Cutting to take Emmo but they too would have almost certainly ended up badly with repercussions for other drivers.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Maybe you are right.
    I gave my opinion based on what I remember and how I perceived the incident. But I could be wrong (yes amazing isn't it that super-mod Hat could be wrong! ;) )
    I know you have done many many many laps of bathurst and your knowledge of the circuit and it's points for possible overtaking would be greater than mine.
    Simply put, I saw a gap, went for it, and felt apologetic that we made contact but didn't feel 100% to blame for it.
    I am happy to be proven wrong, and so will watch the replay and see if that changes anything for me.

But in the end, we had a coming together which didn't end up the best, but I still respect you as a driver. Similar things happen to all of us, and when it happens to me, yes it can be upsetting, but I don't feel the need to up and quit because of it.

I enjoy driving online with you guys, and I just feel like we should be able to put little things like this behind us and get along as people.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  19. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I am not quitting altogether, just TITTS as it is very vulnerable to mishaps due to the regulations and probably doesn't suit me. I do not think it was intentional Hat, and do not think you are a repeat offender or meant it. I just hate ruining another driver's race more than ruining mine. I am just trying to make it more enjoyable for everybody as I think some drivers don't respect all other drivers on the track
    Rooz is full of great people and everybody deserves respect both personally, and as drivers. Obviously everybody will have different friends etc. I just think we all need to be more mindful of the flaws in the game which can hinder our respect for each other as drivers on the track. Most are blind on the sides of their car, most drive on standard (cant see bonnet), these need to be considered when driving in traffic and overtaking.
    Winning is not everything, I never expect to win a ROOZ Div1 race. But I do want to race fair, and hard, and do the best I can, importantly without ruining another driver's race. Even if this occasionally involves letting them pass due to obvious greater pace. Race like it is your car, if you crash it you can't carry on.
    stucar17 and Hatfield like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I can agree that TITTS can at times cause incidents due to regulations. Having all these different types of cars with different strengths and weaknesses can cause incidents that would never happen in stock same car driving.

But this is also what makes it so interesting.

We can have really close races between some cars which are rockets on the straight and others that fly through the corners and it is just so much fun (most of the time)!
    Apex_64 and emmo46 like this.