GT6 [Completed] Raceonoz Spa 3 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by warrior2167, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Gotta say, pretty disappointed!!!
    I'd been looking forward to the event for some time and it all turned to :):):):).
    Apart from a first lap brain fart on my my behalf, wasn't expecting weather like that.
    We had been working on a set up that was working really well in the dry only to find out on the day that weather was going to be increased and as it turned out, it pissed down for the bulk of the first half of the race.
    Some more notice so we could have worked on a set up that suited "some" wet weather would have been nice.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Finished a 2 hour stint in the car and now Connor's in to the chequred flag, hoping he can hold on!!
    Can't really say i can be disappointed in that effort!! Pole i somehow pulled out a 17, thought i'd never do another again, but in the opening laps managed to pull out another!! Tough luck to all the Dsc's, one member who has rather untrustworthy net from what i've seen looked to cause a few issues on track and with connections, My net is 40mb/s download and 8mb/s upload i don't think that could of been the reason, at least i hope not..... :(
    This race will finish on my birthday, so hoping for some birthday luck!! :x3:
    SPL Racing likes this.
  3. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I get what your trying to say Ssaved but seeing as tho i had never drivin in the wet i would have practiced that..
    Watto64 likes this.
  4. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    POLE FASTEST LAP AND ALL LAPS LED!!!! BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I hear you guys and thats on me, the idea was for the weather to change a few times but it didn't for some reason and just kept raining for over 2 hours. I apologise to those guys it affected.

Congrats to Beau and randm for their suprb effort.
  6. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Well done @Beau_Albert and @Randm90, though I'm pretty sure I lead for a lap or 2 after your second stop :p
    Had some good battles with @seth123 and @warrior2167 while it was dry, started pulling away then the rain came and ruined any chance of a podium :cry: dunno what was wrong with lobby/new car either coz my fastest lap was about 1.5s off my consistent practice pace :unsure:
    Anyways congrats to everyone whose connection lasted the race distance :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    warrior2167 likes this.
  7. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Nah thankfully we led over the line in the pits, and i managed to get past you on my outlap, certainly a close call though!!! :thumbsup: Great pace mate, if the rain had of stayed away, think we could of had one heck of a scrap!
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    happy birthday Bobo, great drive
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Yeah you're right my bad :oops: down the inside at pouhon, don't understand how you guys stayed on the dry line coz I had no grip trying to copy it.. just not enough wet pace in the end. Thanks man, definitely more competitive in the dry since it seemed you were struggling with wear a bit more with the extra ballast, hopefully I can give you a bit more of a fight next time :alien:
  10. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    OK, first things first, congrats to Beau and Randm, great drive and well done to all the podium and the guys that stuck it out to the end also well done. It was definitely not an easy race. Thanks to Warrior for once again running an enduro event that I hope becomes a regular series as I believe the concept is awesome.

I like many others, was not impressed with the wet weather setting, like I said earlier, it affected the Div 1 guys especially much less than lower Div drivers. Any parity we had due to the ballast they were carrying was totally inadequate once it started raining. Not only were our lap times affected more but we most definitely would have had far more spins. This was evident as the race was fairly close until it started raining, then it was basically over for us lower forms of life.

Having said that, I drove the first stint in the dry and was surprised that I was able to make my way from 10th or so, to 5th in the first lap. This included a fantastic battle with team SPL/TB toward the end of my stint as their tyres were obviously wearing badly. Don't know who was behind the wheel but I had a ball dicing with you, and I think my pass on you coming into the bus stop may have been my best passing move on ROOZ so far. Pity I gave it back next lap. I was even more surprised that I was able to hand over to my co-driver Blindman still in 5th when the rain came at around the 45 min mark. This was the end of my contribution as to put me back in the car would have ended in disaster for us. Thanks to Blindman for taking the bulk of the driving duties, awesome job mate.

So, the weather was a definite negative for me, the racing was good, but if dry, could have been great. If nothing else we tried it, and I don't think it worked. If we were all Div 1 class no problems, but when we have varying levels of ability this just penalizes the lower Divs too much. It is also a shame so many drivers quit out, although I can understand their frustration with the event, looking at the comments above the weather played a large part in this.
  11. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great drive Kart, you were battling with TB that first stint and you well and Truly held your own. We honestly thought it was Blindman behind the wheel with the battle that was going on between us and Seeeth.
  12. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

O man Spa in the wet, making me moist. Wish I had of barged into the room like the guys who put their names down as reserves after me!
  13. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Thanks mate, I'm a bit of a gun at Spa. We couldn't see Seeeth at all, so had no idea he was there.
  14. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That would explain the panel rubbing that was going on then.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yep two wide at Eau rouge is good :laugh:
  16. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Great drive @Beau_Albert and @Randm90 , well done guys:thumbsup:
    well done to everyone, especially you guys who did the 3 hours by yourselves ,, EPIC
    we did a couple of wet laps 10mins before the room opened and knew we were stuffed
    if it rained,...... then it rained:D
    ^^^ this^^^
    a heap of laughs , with a mate, a few drinks (hahaha.. plenty once the rain started), co-driving in an enduro at SPA.
    how goods that, so was still a great night, just with forgettable driving:).
    Cheers @grassies , :thumbsup:

pretty sure you can pencil us in for any future endoro's @warrior2167 , keep em coming, weather and all (faster changing would be nice tho)
    cheers, scotty
  17. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    a couple times through Blanchimont for good measure, you were definitely the last of the late brakers :roflmao:
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Late braking didn't help me i had killed my front tyres and by the time I got passed steering was no existent :confused:
    I should've organised a set up and done practise laps! lol

Good win beau and Connor :)
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  19. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Good on you boys for sticking out the whole race. It's an achievement to just see the chequered flag in these races and you never gave up.
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Had a great time last night. Always good to catch up with fellow ROOZ members. Thanks for having me @SPL Racing
    I qualified and started the race but gave away a few spots at the start after some confusion thinking we were doing a rolling start. So got swamped at turn one. made back a few spots in the opening laps and had some great dices, until the front tyres on the SLS started to wear badly. Ironically the rain kind of came at the right time. We were considering stopping for fresh rubber when the rain started to fall, so we pitted just before it hit 30%. SPL did only half a lap before we realized that full wets would be needed at the track % was rising so quickly. SPL did well in his first stint having to jump into a car in full wet conditions. Yes there were spins, but in the conditions, they were inevitable. I jumped back in and tried to claw back some ground to the Blindman/Kart combo, but it was too much to reign back in. Well done guys. Handed the car back to SPL for the run home and his second stint was miles better than the first. Top job mate.

Well done @Beau_Albert for creating a good lead and to @Randm90 for holding it to the flag.

Thanks again to @warrior2167 for getting this event together. Weather or not, it was a great event again. Now onto the next round. but where??????????????????????????????????????