PCARS [Completed series] Multi class endurance series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by jasondull1986, Nov 9, 2016.

1. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Anyone not making it??
  2. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Make sure you all read

***IMPORTANT QUALIFIYING PROCEEDURES***
    In the op. And don't forget that if your not at max settings you must record

3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Is the lobby open?
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    One spot still available.... any takers??
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Nah what kind of broken game is this...

Sorry for forgetting about the formation lap, a bit embarrassing on my behalf, although I think every car got crashed into at the start...

Sorry I'm not prepared to waste an over an hour and a GB of mobile data if the game decides to twice not put intermediates/wets on when I've asked it to. I don't want to hear claims of oh, that's just how the game has always been or you should know how it is by now, if it's saying clear as day in the strategy intermediates then I hit save and close, it SHOULD NOT be sending me out on used slicks! Does symettrical mean not change tyres or something? I know there's an option to keep them but it didn't change despite this. 3 options and neither seem to work properly lol.

I'll be there in two weeks, I'm missing next week due to QLD kart day. If the game feels like working that is. However Le Mans is Le Mans!
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  6. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Nexts weeks a new week is all I'm saying about that race
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

I'm gonna have to pull out sorry guys, way too late for me. It's midnight now and was only only lap 29 so no way was I sticking around especially when I start work at 5:30am
    SPL Racing and Toranafan-02 like this.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Next round in 2 weeks i think
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Absolutely stocked to finish on the podium in a car that i really enjoy... firstly surprised but happy to start from P4 and i to forgot about the rolling start.. will need to look at the start for next round with la source the final corner b4 the start finish ... got a good start and settled in behind my team mate mike when yhe rain started we decided to jump onto mediums but it gave me softs and i thought this would be a problem not expecting to see the rain again but when the clouds started to form it was a savour. .. i am not sure if i would have stayed on the podium had zharvs not dsc but i will happily take 3rd... well done to sammy on the gt3 win lapping the field... crazy pace...with no practice .... on to my fav circuit
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Other than being destroyed by the two Pro RUFs, it was relatively enjoyable tonight. Off the start i had gotten into Second place and i managed to hold it until the rain came down, i pitted with everyone else and came out in second.... but i also came out incredibly sideways with no grip.... NICE SLICK TYRES TEAM!!! I am 110% i changed to wets but computer says no :( Came back in and got slicks, and instantly spun through Maggots and Beckets... sigh.... after losing over a minute in 3 laps i pushed as hard as possible to deliver my PB laptimes chasing down TB. However once i got there i really wasn't able to find a way past. Every time we hit a straight he was gone by 3-4 tenths despite my slipstream. Thankfully he made an error out of Stowe and i could chase down V8, who i managed to overtake via him staying out a lap too long on the transition to wets for a second time. After that i pushed as hard as possible to chase down Samsung.... but the gap was going up by 2 seconds a lap. Boring :(
    I'll be there at Spa and hopefully things are a little more of an even playing field...
    Thanks for creating a great series Jason, and well done to the other two of my team members tonight who did absolutley stellar in the Prototype class! Victory and a double-Top 5, yee haw!
    Bounty05 likes this.
  11. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Pretty happy with P4 although I'm kicking myself about my stupid errors, would have been a bit more competitive if I had pitted earlier when the rain hit. Oh well, thats how it goes. I will post tomorrow with some more details. Awesome fun & fantastic car to drive. Looking forward to the next round. Well done to the podium guys & good work team!
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  12. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
  13. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Thanks to everyone for showing up and most for seeing the distance. Couple of things to apologize for 1. Race length I didn't factor that much rain and extra pit stops I will make sure r2 is shorter. 2. I clearly had to much practice. 3. GT3 pace difference this was always going to be tough unfortunately I didn't get it right and will address for round 2.
    Toranafan-02 and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Note to self... sitting in the pits at the first pit stop is not the time to be setting up pit stop strategy. I lost about 40 seconds in the pits first up and was hard to make it back. I hadn't driven the car before last night so it took a bit of getting used to how much speed to carry through corners but I was happy to get down into the 44's.

Thanks to all the GT3 drivers for sticking to their lines making passing easy, there were a few moments when I came up a little quicker than expected but think I made it through the race without hitting anyone. I also forgot about the rolling start and jumped off the line quickly only to realise we had a warm up lap to do first o_O
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  15. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Qualified 3rd
    Finished P4.
    Really happy my quali time, it's nice to start near the front for a change.
    Felt like I had really good pace until it rained (surprise surprise) stayed out for an extra lap before changing my boots to wets….big mistake….getting to the pits felt like about 5 minutes. Finally got my wets and was gaining confidence all race (my fastest lap time was lap 43) until the last bout of rain (really? 4 rain sessions?) when I came unstuck and was spinning out everywhere. Anyway the last 15 laps I was slowly catching P3 but still not close enough to apply pressure. A great feeling to come 4th though.
    Well done to the podium and to our team - off to a good start.
    Can't wait for Spa, should be very interesting.
  16. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Well, not only did i not expect to get on the podium, but i also didn't expect to lap every single GT3. Quali was incredibly close with i think only .006-.007 between myself and @Konnor McCluskey. For some reason @Konnor McCluskey wanted the outside line into turn 1 even though he was mean to have the left which kinda screwed things up, then i accidentally bumped the prototype in front trying to get along side with him, did a tiny bit of aero damage until i got absolutely destroyed by the cars behind not braking, which broke my steering and did more aero damage.

Anyway had a massive spin lap 1, then got a cut track, so i was running last just praying i rain would come so i could pit, and i got lucky, however this point i was about 40s behind the leading GT3 maybe even more. Managed to dive the thing like drift car during the rain and made up heaps of time on other drivers, however after the round of stops when we put slicks back on i was leading? I then just set some quick laps and went with the flow of the race and with about 3 laps to go i managed to lap the twat in the corvette :eek::roflmao:. Really enjoyed this race @jasondull1986, will definitely be back next week for the best track in the game!
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    just confirming, as a couple have said see ya next week. we are having a break between rounds yeah?
  18. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    One more race pre Christmas I'm Happy to run this week but what does everyone want?
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Qld guys, and a few interstaters will be karting on Sunday coming, and wont be able to make it i would say (myself included)
    VARDZ likes this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    stupid question, but did you change all 4 tyres to inters? or just select symmetrical and change the top option to Inters?