PCARS [Completed series] Multi class endurance series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by jasondull1986, Nov 9, 2016.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Have just heard wind gusts to 125 kms in the storm
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    No power mate...
  3. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    @Zachery can you host mate konner is out.
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I'm just doing the update shouldn't be long can someone send a invite so I can jump in as soon as it finished
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    What time is lobby open again? Had a brain fade....
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Just runnin a prac while tb sorts his modem. Shouldnt be too long.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Lol i lost a wheel hitting kart who was stationary at the top of eu rogue fml!
  8. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

I survived!! I had good fun trying to catch blindman until the first stop, then just after I pitted the weather came and I had no idea whether to pit again or not. I ended up coming in for intermediates after a while and it didn't feel very fast but I just stuck with it until the track dried out. Sorry for those who I impeded during the race, I wasn't trying to get in the way, I just got caught out trying to get out the way where I should have just stuck to my line. Thanks for letting me race tonight!
  9. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Well the positives were I had a good battle with tb all race long (I think) and I was quick in the rain was an enjoyable race apart from one thing.

Yeah well I don't think I will be racing this again unfortunately, I love the series but when I have serious lag issues it's not enjoyable for me or anyone racing me thanks to Jason for putting the series on but as I said I can't continue with this.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  10. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Sorry zharves. I hit the Armco coming out of Au Rouge and had so much damage I could only do 5kmph, couldn't even get off the track. I then realised i was missing a front wheel.Sorry for ruining your race mate.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    Zachery likes this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Its all good mate. In no way did you decide to sit on the track. These things happen.
  12. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great race tonight, timed my first stop perfectly just as the rain started but sitting stationary for about 15 seconds while I stuffed around with pit stop settings let mike jump me into the lead. Jason pitted about 2 laps before the rain started putting him back to third. I caught mike pretty quick and finally managed to get by and build a lead of about 6 seconds but after a few moments late in the rain stint Jason finally caught up.

I was quickly running out of fuel and was glad to see the rain stop on my final lap so I pitted straight behind Jason for some sorts and about 30L of fuel. I must have had the wrong tyre pressures in when I pitted cause my three didn't go over about 73 degrees for the final 8 laps costing me about 6 seconds a lap and spun at the end of kemmel straight letting mike by.

Thanks again Jason for all your work on this series and to everyone who stuck it out.
  13. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Well, a very interesting race. Congrats to the podium, great effort.-, now It's all about me.
    Qualified 4th with a 2:01, could have done a little better but I was happy to stick with that.
    Finished the race in P4. The rolling start was awesome and I think everybody got away pretty well. First lap at T9 i had a massive oversteer and almost lost it completely but the fence straightened me up with no damage, lost only 1 position so was now in p5.
    But it wasn't till lap 5 or 6 (can't remember must have had a small concussion) when I got sideways airborne and spun along the fence at the famous Eau Rouge. Shook it off and carried on but had a broken RHF shocker and had no horsepower & was lucky to hit 6th gear so decided to pit - MISSED the freakin pit entry so had to do another slow lap, falling behind by about 1:20 - not happy.
    Finally pitted and car was fixed with new boots and a splash of fuel - now for the chase.
    Rain hit, pitted for wets, got into a groove and was ever slow slowly catching the front runners but not quite quickly enough. Rain stopped and hit the softs and had plenty of pace but still couldn't manage to catch the podium guys. Finished 4th. Still happy with that. Can't wait for the next race. Thanks to all who joined in - awesome fun.
    jasondull1986 and SPL Racing like this.
  14. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
  15. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Been doing testing at Le mans this week and have found an issue with the ruf. Its gear ratios don't go high enough and it would spend to long on the limiter. I have tried detuning the other cars to match its top speed but the Aston and BMW are way quicker. I would suggest we drop the ruf this round are those who chose it OK to repick for this race?
  16. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Stuff like this should have been worked out before the season started. Maybe force people to use different gear ratios on the other 3 cars?
  17. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Maybe people should just stay with the car they picked and just work it out I know looking at the track list for this event that some of the cars would tap out on this track but the benefit can be they can run more down force and make it up buy braking later and better corner speed as the car will still hit top speed the only real problem I see is if they don't open the radiator enough they might blow the engine
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    This ^^ :thumbsup:
    The RUF's redlining down the Mulsanne would probably still tear past the Vette :laugh:
  19. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Nah its like 296kph at its on there for ages. I did see this pre testing it can have a work around if people would like to keep the car just a heads up though it will have a disadvantage.
  20. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I'm fine with either but if the ruf drivers aren't fussed I can make all the cars more powerful as they won't be slowed to the ruf