[COMPLETED] ASSETTO CORSA: Season 1.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Boys, grid is looking huge. The server has been solid all week, so fingers crossed it will all work a treat tonight. I need to add 1 more driver to the server and then I will get it up around 8.40pm so we can get underway at 9pm AEDT. I will put the password out over teamspeak, but you can get on and practice as much as you want between know and then.

Final note, ROOZ as with most forums have info re COC and driver's etiquette. Koastr/Cyber will read this and post up the links in around 20 mins cause I am hopeless. Please have a quick look. Lap 1 in this car on this track can be hairy so be patient and give the cars around you some room. If you get down the back of the field, keep an eye on the position board and listen in to teamspeak, fighting against a car trying to lap you is frowned upon round here. If you see me off in a sandpit feel free to jump in and push me out. Other than that, let's get it on!!
    R0T0R-AU86, Cyber_STIG_77 and Driftoz like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/

Extra notes from GT6 qual/race procedures that apply too.:
    1. During Quali be courteous to other drivers, if you are not on a hot lap and another driving is approaching you, let them passed.
    2. If you wish to retire from qualifying or race before the session is over park your car (stop and apply the handbrake) off track where it will not be an obstacle or distraction to other drivers - ideally return to your pit stall (ESC > return to pits) Please avoid quitting the server altogether as this may cause lag spikes for other drivers.
    Cheers guys looking forward to it see you all there in a few hours :thumbsup:
    Cyber_STIG_77 and R0T0R-AU86 like this.
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Any hints for setup or straight out what I should do? I can't remember what I did last week and car is really lose for me.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Good luck Luke, Fly the PRT Banner in AC :)
  5. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I stiffened up the ARB's (more on the rear) and have dropped by tyre psi WAY down.
    I think I'm running something like 18 in fronts and 21 in rears - otherwise the tyres never seem to heat up much.

Don't think either have dramatically affected my lap times too much - I still haven't found great consistency in my lap times (ranging from 37's to 41's), but at least I have a pretty good feel for the car now. Pity it changes again next week :eek:
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Thanks pete need all the luck I can get!

And cheers doogle! Will give it a whirl!
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
    R0T0R-AU86, Mael and KoAStR like this.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    FYI for simresults link above:
    Practice 1 = Practice session (default table at link above)
    Practice 2 = Qualifying
    Practice 3 = Race
    (see session description in tables, Race = "S1 R3" as per image below)
    @Hatfield FYI you can export a CSV file from the link in Anon's post, from which you can copy/paste (as text) into your championship tables to save you typing it out if need be. ;)

Race results table below and also here (screen of link for above):
    http://raceonoz.com/page.php?view=RaceResults#Assetto Corsa
    [​IMG]

Gratz Rotor very well deserved, virtually flawless run, pole, fastest lap, and the win. :thumbsup:
    I was hoping to be a bit more of a threat, but I couldn't get my pace up early on. It came on later in the race and you already had the gap. Pleased to nail a couple of 34's in the race though, disappointed I couldn't put one down for quali.

I think both of us suffered a few losses and scrapes through navigating lap traffic, I kept driving hard where I could so I could be in a position to take advantage of any errors (but that never happened :p) and pleased to finish with a respectable gap, close enough to keep you honest. :ninja:

Credit to Anon to figuring out the results export.. that's really cool. Most consistent race pace so that's a conciliation for second :) Server and everything seemed to go really smooth this time ;)

Gratz Muggo rounding out the podium, no doubt without any practise and still on the pace :alien:
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  9. Mael

Mael Professional

Congrads Rotor and KoAStr!

I might have taken some of your paint KoAStR, found it quite difficult to let faster guys pass smoothly. Also ended up with way too much fuel, will have to practice the pit-stops next time.
    R0T0R-AU86, KoAStR and Anon666 like this.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done to the top 3, and indeed everyone. 22 drivers and all looked good re lag and ping in the most part. 2 more and we have a full room!!! Oh yeah baby!!!!

There was a bit of bump and grind here and there, but that will get better when we all get more practice in packs. Really excited about next week, looking forward to a car with aero.
    Cyber_STIG_77, R0T0R-AU86 and KoAStR like this.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    All good Meal it comes down to experience. I didn't have my teamspeak volume up then so couldn't communicate with you effectively, I turned it back up after that :rolleyes: The best way to let lead lap drivers through is often to brake early down a straight off the racing line, but it can be difficult to judge when where, and how fast the gap is closing. I just took full fuel off the grid and in the pit. Then I didn't have to think too much and had some options on lap for first pit.
  12. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Sorry I couldn't finish but my router had other plans, going spastic and leaving me out just after stopping for fuel. Was fun while it lasted, hoping for a full race distance next week. Good race All!
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Bad luck Serge, wondered what happened. Think AJ was having some issues as well, but didn't see any lag around me.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Gratz to the podium finishers, and to everyone on a pretty clean event, a few tangles here and there but not to bad for the 3rd event of the 1st series. Obviously there's a few racing etiquette issues that put a dampener on a few drivers race, but I'm sure that it's something that can be addressed for the future :thumbsup:.
    I had a pretty good start, missed most the 1st lap cold tyre spins and tangles and was in 9th I think when I had a spin of my own coming onto the start straight, had to wait for the rest of the field to fly past, rejoined in 16th. Lost front grip by lap 6 so i pitted to tinker with setup, but got Dced with a 200ping which isn't fun at all :(. Rejoined the server on lap 12, I think I managed to stay out of everyone's way till flag fall. hoping I can do better next race, in the meantime I'm praying for a miracle :laugh:
    Peter Wise likes this.
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Last night's race ran pretty well I thought. I didn't notice any lag and there were no server issues from my end (which was a pleasant change). Still couldn't find any great pace nor much consistency but it was still fun nonetheless.

There as some very quick drivers out there. Near the end of the race Rotor passed me by and I wondered if I was down some horsepower as he just pulled away with ease as his gap increased after every turn - then I realised it wasn't the car (it was the driver :notworthy::(:cry:)

Congrats to the podium - way too good and almost a league of their own!
    AJ.Scott and R0T0R-AU86 like this.
  16. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Once again a fun event.
    And maybe some of the newer guys will learn what to do & not to do as we go. It's all prt of it.
    I couldn't get a decent quali lap in & was held up by someone who'd spun & re-entered in front of me, but all good.
    Q'd in 18th I believe.

Got a good start so I was patient & basically did what Koastr said about braking slightly early & on a different line to give a buffer zone should something unexpected arise.
    After lap 2 I was up to 12th & kept pushing. Pitted a lap early & came out in 9th.
    in the closing laps caught up to Anon & we traded lap times for most of the 2nd half of the race before he spun in the final turn with only 3 laps left. I tried to go around him but he was rolling backwards off track (probably trying to get out the way) and I clipped him & spun. Managed to get going ahead of him & finished 6th with Anon behind me in 7th.

So 18th to 6th is good, happy with that as my lap times would've put me there anyway.
    It was awesome to see the server help up & there was almost no lag issues to be seen.
    Looking forward to the next event.
    AJ.Scott, KoAStR and Anon666 like this.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah apologies Steve, had zero control at that point. Knew it was going to get ugly... Good comeback man!!
    Steve Crossland likes this.
  18. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    We all missed out boy's while we all slept kunos let out a hotfix update but screwed up and sent the beta out to public but swiftly fixed it after realising.Hopefully a few of the overseas guy's have some details and screens of what they saw :thumbsup:
  19. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Thanks Lads,

I forgot to do a post race talk! :whistling:

Qualifying I was pretty happy with, after not doing any practice all week I noticed KoAStr putting in some time and getting down into the 35 flats I was a little worried :eek:
    In Quali I was struggling to find some clean air, and when I did someone in front would make a mistake or I would catch them by the end of the lap, I thought I may of been in a little bit of trouble :eek: However managed to find some clean air on my last lap popping in a 34 I was hoping KoAstr wouldn't go any quicker and he didn't! I was safe! :)

Starting P1 I knew I had to get off to a clean start and pull across to stop a jump from KoAStr, usually really good with his starts, I managed to get a decent start and pull across to cover, it was all sweet :cool:

From here I pretty much put on my concentration hat and started to put some laps together, wanting to get as far in front for the pit stops as possible! I ended up getting about a 4-5 second lead and then started to cool my jets :cool: and maintained the gap. I knew lapped traffic would start coming and just had to focus on getting past without getting caught up. I then eased up a little more being a little more relaxed, however it was the wrong time to do it with more and more lapped traffic coming... I ended up getting caught up by MAEL for half a lap, then half a lap by Cyber as i went for the pass on T3 on the inside i ended up slightly tapping the inside of him :( Sorry bud.. With KoAStr catching from lapped traffic I needed to get past! As soon as i got past it was luckily clean air and was able to cross the line without any more troubles :)

WD KoAStr for the 2nd place and Muggo for the debut on AC with ROOZ and rounding out the podium. With very minimal practice time and no setup your pace of course was noticed! :)
    carn_the_pies and KoAStR like this.
  20. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

hey all im thinking of trying to create a race highlights video for each round we race, im just wondering who would be the best person to talk to about adding sponsor logos or information? or if there is anyone already recording race videos would it be ok to do mine or try work together, im not the best video editor and this will be the first time Ive done something like this, but im keen to give it a shot ive already started on some ideas let me know what you think.
    this video is just a test but the proper one will have game footage in the background.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.