Division 1 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah, I felt a sense of Deja Vu during that second stint, working hard to get you out of my draft :D
  2. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Great turnout, a 14 car grid looks really cool.
    My race was pretty much trouble free, I got off to a decent start and early on was I was concentrating on my lines and not to make a mistake to try a build up a gap before the first pit stop. I did try a make it a 1 stopper but though it was only 50/50 at best so I stayed on the safer strategy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    unfortunately mustafur and rotor made a couple of mistakes as it definitely would have been a tight battle for the win.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Final lap pass for 2nd,
    stucar17 and bjh1012 like this.
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Wow that Grid looks awesome!! Hopefully Div 2 can get those numbers after a smallish turnout for round 1.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hopefully this week tb

@warrior, some great picks mate, we all appreciate the effort.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The grid looks awesome so many cars what a turnout!! Great pics too warrior
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Thanks Warrior that did look good!
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What sort of lap times are you getting?
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Musta did a 1.01 dead in a room with me yesterday. So come today, I would estimate that would be mid 1.00's. Hard to drive quick lap after lap when the walls have such powerful magnets!! Really is a design flaw...
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    last sector is very hard to be consistent as its undulating and with the lose cobblestone surface there isn't much grip.

Touching the wall on the last corner will cost you atleast half a second, the key is to keep the momentum through that last sector without touching a wall and your lap time will be very fast.
  10. WAC

PSN ID
    Magnets!! - i knew it!!
    As the resident back marker my times are in the high 1,02's.
    Got the flue atm - was worried i might not be fit to race tonight but seem to be over the worse of it i hope.
  11. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Good luck tonight chaps, no Internet for me until Tuesday. D'oh !
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Going to need a replacement reporter. PS3 can't reconnect to PSN...
  13. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Tough night, well except for Warrior, but for us mere mortals that was hard work. Sadly Rotor and Zamp's were missing, Closey got booted and N64 rage quit, so we had a much smaller grid and plenty of spread by the end. Well done to Warrior and Musta, too quick. Musta had to work through the field due to the a d/c during qual so it was an awesome effort on his behalf. Good spread of stratagies as well, 1 and 2 stoppers, tyres lasted much longer with low fuel, but I had no hope of 1 stopping myself. Anyway, results:

Warrior 1:01.092 (Pole)
    Mustafur 1:01.062
    Anon 1:01.051 (wtf - Sorry Warrior, nicked a point off you.)
    Tek 1:02.029
    Cyber 1:01.659
    Corzza 1:01.785
    Venda 1:01.461
    Stu 1:01.877
    Gary 1:02.296
    Close D/C
    N64 R/Q
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It was a disconnect Anon, no Rage Quit from me. I tried to rejoin so I could get the replay but my PS3 would not listen.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Good job on fastest lap anon.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What a night.......after the frustration of initially not being able to log in, then guys getting booted, then getting caught up in other peoples accidents its a good thing i dont have a dog........:(

Anyway, I managed to get in right at the start of qual, not really knowing what to expect, other than Warrior would get pole, and i would use far too many brain cells trying to work out how the friggen hell he is that fast.

I lined up 6th, with a 1:01:9##, about half a sec off my PB, so was kinda happy with that, given Corrza was the only class B guy in front, and he was 5th. The lights went green, and i got shuffled down to 7th, but then Cyber and Corzza got caught up so was up to 5th, with Gary, Ven and Tek behind them.

I was happy to just putt along the back of the draft from anon, but an ordinary lap, saw Cyber and Corzza muscle their way past, and drive away, so i just focused on keeping the gap to Ven and Tek. I pitted on lap 16, and thats where it went pear shaped. I had a good gap back to Ven but came across Gary in the middle of the road at the back straight chicane and drove his rear axle into his radiator. I had the red panda head in the middle of my car, plus a collision penalty for my efforts. Ven didnt stop to see if i was ok, but rather drove past with the middle finger up and what i imagine was a big grin on his face. I managed to get back on his tail, before he pitted, and i came across N64 sideways in turn 3 coming down the hill. Again contact cost me bulk time, then out of frustration i came into the pits too fast and the car reset which meant i lost Ven.

My last stint was just hot lapping as well as Daisy could :rolleyes: not making any ground on Ven or Tek, thinking about what might have been.

Anyway, Well done to the podium, and Tek on a good drive. The one stop Magician !

Off to get my car straightened, and find something i can kick.

Stu
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah sorry for getting in your way Stu, I was trying to avoid you but I only succeeded in moving in front of you. Only to be disconnected 1 or 2 laps later. It was really one of those nights
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, all good. Just one of those nights.

More frustrating, all the work we do to get everything up and running and the damn PSN screws everyone over to the point that they want to stop racing. Wouldn't have thought that was in PD's and Sony's mission statement .........
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. WAC

PSN ID
    Sorry for my no show last night...as i mentioned the flue had me so i went to sleep at 5pm just to get myself some rest before racing and woke up at 7am this morning - 14hrs!
    Sounded like you all had other issues to deal with anyway.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    There is a chrome/matte paint coming your way Tek, any preferences?