Division 2/3 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    56.0 for me...can get high 56, low 57 quite consistently
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Looks like 93 laps of catch-up tonight then.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Wait, you guys are sub-minute???? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    leeboy910 likes this.
  4. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hurry up GT6, frackin over this :):):):)!!!
    Ad2mny and OverDrivve like this.
  5. hr31gts

hr31gts New Recruit

PSN ID
    hr31gts
    GG guys. I totally sucked on this track! BJ feel free to protest my last move, thought I was clear... Sorry :(
  6. hr31gts

hr31gts New Recruit

PSN ID
    hr31gts
    I feel you pain man...
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    WOW. 93 laps of pure hard racing. Couldn't relax the pace at all if I was to stay near Turbo at the end. If it weren't for his slide at turn six a few laps out from the end, it would have been an epic door to door battle to the line. Just like it was in the opening laps.

This race goes down as one of the best and most memorable I've had in GT5.:D:D:D:D Thank you final season for keeping the racing interesting all the way to the end of line until GT6 lauches
    Stumbles likes this.
  8. DarkAce

DarkAce Geoff Vincent

PSN ID
    darkace_123
    sorry guys, hope you didn't wait too long to start the div 2 race,:cool: had a massive storm go through here at around 5pm:eek::eek: and the power went out at 6:00pm :mad::mad::mad:didn't come back on till nearly 8pm.:mad::mad::mad::mad: (these are qld times so for you southerners add an hour, hence not able to make the race or notify anyone of being unable to make it). Hope you all had a great race, really wanted to be a part of the enduro, Had my tyre and fuel strategy all worked out. Practice times in the low 58's. All in all a very sad and disappointing night.:(:(:(
  9. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well done Tim. Would have been interesting last few laps with me and OD, I had new tyres versus his old ones. Oh well, see what happens next week.
  10. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Unlucky Ace, I'm in Hervey Bay and was watching the lightning all afternoon and night, and during the race, praying my power didnt drop out. Luckily it never got close enough. Got the rain we have been needing for weeks but.
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Hindsight is a marvelous thing stumbles but If I could close an 11 sec gap to turbo after my final stop, I'm sure you would've been able to pull a move at the end. But.................Bloody PSN.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Had a quieter race this week, qualified fourth but nearly a second behind Disturboed on pole. I got a good start and passed Overdrivve for third before turn one and held third for all of about 40 seconds before I ran wide into the wall over the dogleg and pinballed across the track twice to cement last place about 13 seconds behind the leader at the end of the first lap.
    I more or less kept pace with the leaders for a while and gained two places as Haze and BJ struck troubles of their own. During my first stint I also gained places as Overdrivvve and HR31 had off track excursions and I was running sixth and gaining on Ad2 as we headed for our first pit stops. I got so close to Ad2 that I slammed into the back of him at pit entry and got myself a time penalty. I came out ahead of Ad2 after putting in 20 litres and was running fifth for the second and third stint but towards to end of the third stint I had a couple of little dramas and eventually lost it big time out of turn six dropping back to 7th behind Ad2 and Overdrivve. I had a lonely second half of the race as I tried to gain on Ad2 but a few mistakes dropped me too far back in the end. I had a couple of spirited dices with T_B and Disturboed who were a lap ahead but I still enjoyed running with them for a few laps. I moved up to 6th when Stumbles was let down by the PSN and that's where I finished.

Congratulations to T_B, Disto and Overdrivve for their podium places and I think congratulations to HR31 for the win in Div 3. He passed BJ a few seconds before the countdown finished but he stated his pass might have been incorrect.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
    Times for round 5. GVER enduro race
    Driver  Time  Best Lap
    01. Warrior...................55.394--Div 1
    02. Mustafur..................55.748--Div 1
    03. Anon666...................55.864--Div 1
    04. Corzza....................56.119----Div 1b
    05. Natmanscoop...............56.489----Div 1b
    06. Stuart....................56.584----Div 1b
    07. S_Close...................56.600----Div 1b
    08. Stumbles..................56.644------Div 2a
    09. disturboed................56.648------Div 2a
    10. Cyber.....................56.700--Div 1
    11. TTRjoe....................56.756----Div 1b
    12. Gary......................56.762----Div 1b
    13. OvverDrivve...............56.882------Div 2a
    14. t_b_williams..............56.909------Div 2a
    15. Vendalism.................56.963----Div 1b
    16. X-3vilm00n................57.076------Div 2a
    17. hr31gts...................57.249---------Div2B
    18. bjh1012...................57.419---------Div2B
    19. Ad2mny....................57.491------Div 2a
    20. emmo46....................57.519------Div 2a
    21. HazeOne68.................58.031---------Div2B
    [b/code]
    The G27 hasn't improved my speed at all.
    DarkAce and Stumbles like this.
  14. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    talk it up TB, it was only a 5 second gap!!! LOL! :p

Great race, surprising I got pole with a 56.3, my fastest lap EVAR! And I must say I only got that with the draft assistance of good ol' TB, thanks buddy. Tried returning the favour but I think you were too close too me down the straight. ANYHOO.

Good start, held first, OD in second must have jumped? As he went a few spots down the order. Got a second gap by end of first lap and Stumbles kept on monstering me for a few laps down the straight with the draft. He must have had a small off somewhere and the gap went out to 3.3 seconds at the finish line and then at the sweeper at the end of the straight i had a brain fart and went fractionally too wide and slid sideways into the sand, luckily not burying myself, but as I had the TC on, it wouldn't flick around the right way and it drove across the track almost taking out TB. That was about lap 5 or 6. Recovered in 2nd spot behind TB. Epic battle for a few laps and I eventually got past him.

I decided to go for a 3 stopper as I was in first spot in clean air. I think the only other guy doing a 3 stop was Overdrive. It was a see-saw strategy battle. After each stop I would pass the guys doing their 4 stops.

On my final stop, I miscalculated the fuel required and forgot that we are on "normal" wear rate and could have just taken the suggested 14 litres, but I put in more than double that and wasted 10 seconds or so sitting in the pits. The result was when I finally passed TB doing his 4th stop on lap 75 or so, the gap was only 5 seconds (he was exiting pit lane as I passed). It could have so easily been at least 15!! I managed to keep the gap from shrinking too fast, but tb was closing each lap. Sometimes I'd claw something back, but then next lap he'd close in again. 4 laps to go and the gap was less than a second. Coming out of Turn 6 I fishtailed and went across track cutting the inside of the little kink and copping a penalty which is all TB needed. Cursing my infernal luck, I did almost the same thing the next lap and lost more time trying to gather it up. Gap to tb was now out to 12 seconds, not a real indication of how close this finish should have been. I made up 2.5 seconds on the final 2 laps on my ribbon tyres to finish just over 9 seconds behind.

Well raced everyone, good stuff.
    emmo46 likes this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Stumbles are you able to update the div 2 ladders ?

If not can someone post the results and i will update them.

Cheers
    Stu
  16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    emmo did a couple of posts ago didn't he?
  17. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    Nah i'm just terrible at starting, I do a Webber nearly every race lol.
    corzza likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That post was fastest laps, the finishing order was:
    Code:
    1. T_BWilliams.........1:32.057
    2. Disturboed............-9.602
    3. Overdrivve...........-45.959
    4. Evilmoon.............-58.950
    5. Ad2mny.............-1:24.253
    6. emmo46.............-1:37.970
    BJ and HR31 were next a lap behind with HR passing BJ just before the clock ran out.
    HR himself has questioned the pass and he and BJ with possible moderator
    involvement need to sort the placings.
    Stumbles was 9th at -15 laps after his DSC and Haze was 10th with -61 laps.
    [b/code]
    Disto had pole and Stumbles the fastest outright and Div 2a race lap. HR31 had the fastest Div 2b time.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks Emmo
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You're welcome Stu, glad to help