Division 2 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I thought you where talking about the exit, the entry to Ascari has to at least have 2 whees on the ripple strip otherwise it's cutting under ROOZ rules.

Ill admit I did a few times, because once you commit to the corner any correction can put you wide into the sand.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Can anyone post the results here so I can do the tables?
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK, results from last night

Pole faine 43 second lap !!! (was 1:46:3 from memory ??)

1. Faine (fastest lap)
    2. comeandgetme
    3. stu :)
    4. joe
    5. razor
    6 TB
    7. crunch
    8. frzn
    9. leeboy
    DNF. firewind
    DNF. cobmccool
    DSC: jim the man
    DNS natman
    DNS greasy

My race report........

Well, after watching Faine and CAGM school us all in the wet, i have to say i ran my race with the thought of getting 3rd as equal to a race win, such was the dominance of the two fastest qualifiers. During the week i had put down quite a few laps in the low 7s, but really didnt threaten a 6 at all. In qual i was surprised that a low 48 (i think) saw me line up 5th, with razor and Joe in front.

When the lights went out i had a cracker start and passed Razor who bogged down, so was up to 4th, ready for the carnage that i was hoping "wouldnt happen" at turn 1. I braked a little early, but i think i caught out Crunch, who got nailed by someone from behind.

I managed to stay in 4th, till Joe copped a penalty at Roggia, and i managed to slide past into 3rd. By the end of the first lap faine and GAGM had disappeared up the road faster than my little brain could comprehend, so i settled into a very enjoyable few laps with Joe who was much faster but couldnt quite get a run to get past.

On about lap 10, i made a small mistake on the exit of Ascari, and spun it up a bit fast, lost some speed and Joe made it past, then proceeded to gap me. I noticed he was, or seemed to be pushing quite hard at the parabolica, so i tried to keep him in sight in case he dropped it. With a few small mistakes from him, he was still in sight, and then with 3 to go, my world got a lot brighter when i saw him facing the wrong way where i was hoping he might have an off. Problem was, i ran out of talent as well in my excitement, and hit his rear quarter and sent myself into the sand, sorry mate, had nowhere to go :oops:

I still managed to get the third place back, but joe was only about 5 car lengths behind, with razor up his clacker, and that was enough to see them both challenge, into ascari with 1.5 laps to go. A small slide from joe while he was attacking me, saw razor attack him, and that was the break i needed for the final lap, enough to see me third by about 2 seconds. Great racing Joe, respect as always for having a go, but not one touch. Is what its all about.

Congrats to Faine and GAGM, absolutely on another level guys. Hopefully we get Nat and Greasy in for the next round, is always good with a full grid, so long as we all take our time, keep our heads screwed on, and dont let the small things ruin what is supposed to be competitive but enjoyable. ;)

On to the sprint round, where hopefully i feel like i can hook it up and be a little closer to the front in lap times. :cool:
    Faine, razor4797 and smokinscotty like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    My race was terrible. What I thought would be a fun experience bringing the racing close together turned out just the opposite.
    A few ladies turned up and decided to have a :):):):):) session in quali, during and after the race...but that's another story!
    I hadn't touched GT6 for days and hadn't done any wet practice since testing pre-season!
    The conditions felt completely different to when we were testing, I'm guessing due to the update. The tyres were still blue/cold even after 15 laps...all still on 10 as well.
    In any case, I just could not find braking points or limits on any corner and as a consequence, found myself down the back.
    I got an average start and was way off the pace with no practice.
    Lots of little mistakes everywhere and then a couple of big ones just kiilled the mood for me. I knew I wouldn't finish any higher than 9th and didn't see any point in subjecting myself to the frustrations whilst waiting to be lapped.

Anyway, on to Motegi (a track that I despise in all forms) for some super sprint action.
    I might even try and practice a bit this week...I've lost a bit of enthusiasm lately for several reasons but hope to regain some of it with a decent run in the sprint rounds.
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @Crunch
    I think that was me that rammed you at turn 1.
    I'm terribly sorry. A complete accident on my part
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The good old concertina effect !! Happens in every race series with a slow corner first up. The wet just compounds it, you just have to hope that everyone gives a little room, and isn't too agressive trying to make up some spots.
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
  8. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

@t.b williams i wasnt talking about u urs was a mistake not ur folt. im talking about people that spin and then race you instead of letting u past. can i say anything else to give anyone the :):):):)s? far out its just a game lol
    Benjamin J Smith likes this.
  9. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

o yeah and razor i came out behind tb left room between him and me you jumped in front it looked like u and tb were racing i noticed tb had to back off and find some clear track. and how could i be up ur ass so u say. when u spin up ahead and rejoin to race me while i was on my hot lap? if i was up ur ass and u spun i woulda drove past happely.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Time for a GROUP HUG!! Come on, don't be shy. It's not gay unless you're naked, or the guy next to you winks at you...
    razor4797, SuiCid3, PurpleDog and 2 others like this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    lol. dont mind a bit of banter so long as it doesnt get out of hand ;)

As far as qual goes, i think its much better finding a gap and running on your own, i find i get distracted too easy, and if someone is recovering from a mistake its very easy to lose bulk time. I think its a long shot to run close to someone and use the draft for an advantage, draft understeer usually takes away any advantage you might gain.

I would hope that if someone screws up they look at the map to check there isnt anyone coming, same goes for the race. That said, we all make judgement calls, and sometimes we get it wrong.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  12. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    To say that any less effort is invested by any driver in a division lower than the top is false. I feel you're after lack of judgement, brain fade rather than effort.

In saying that I'm starting to think I mis-interpreted your original post, my apologies.
  13. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Woah, that was some good :):):):) I was on last night - yeaaaaahhh!

iRacing is the exact reason for my mantra against practising. You pay so much money for your rig, subscription etc. and invest time as well only to be constantly held back by things outside of your control.

My philosophy still stands unopposed.

You would think that because iRacing is such a selective consumer base that there should be more sensible drivers because they have invested time and money, but it's never the case.
  14. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

ill have a hug
    Anon666, Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    LOL fire, i cant promise that Anon wont wink at you though LOL
    Anon666 and Ad2mny like this.
  16. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    BAHAHAHAHAA
  17. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

i cant promise that i wont be naked. o_O
    Anon666 and Ad2mny like this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROLF
  19. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I would agree, driving to the kerb rule at monza kind of makes a mockery of this historic track, that video was 10 years and fast foward to now they have the massive kebs at the chicanes now and you pretty much have to have 4 wheels inside the white line to keep off them.
  20. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I just looked at some 2013 footage and you're right, they don't even touch the kerb on the entry now.