Division 2 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Please check ur points for me fellas and make sure i haven't ripped or pick pocketed points from you. Cheers aus.
  2. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    hi guys,

This weeks race has been postponed till next week (11th nov) as a result of the poll created by ENFORCER_98. The new round dates have been added to the season 9 calendar.

Following concerns from various drivers the tyre regs for season 9 have changed.
    The regs are now as follows for the remaining 45 min races.
    You can run either the hard or soft tire for qually, but you must start the race on that tire.
    You are only allowed to have 1 pit stop during the race, and you must run both compounds during the race. The tires will do this comfortably. It's up to you when you come in, and how hard you push the softs.
    We will keep this tire model for the remaining rounds.
    The exception will be the enduro, regs to finalized for that round.

cheers cyber,
  3. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Just as well it was postponed - Optus are still dicking me around and I still dont have internet. Was originally told I would be connected last Tuesday, rang them Tuesday night and was told they had to test the line and I would be good to go Wednesday. Rang Thursday morning, had the line tested remotely - problem with it outside the house (ie between the socket and the exchange), and it a tech would deal with it before Monday (today). Told her that wouldnt do, so was put on priority. Rang again yesterday, they still havent done anything, and claim 'worst case scenario' is 7pm today. They will cop it if there is no dial tone when I home tonight. <end rant>
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Good luck Barra and hopefully we'll see ya at Laguna.
  5. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Thanks Tek.

Got a phone back yesterday, but the modem still cant connect to the exchange. Spent an hour and a half on the phone last night, and reached the point where the tech guy said he needs to escalate it to a senior guy who was meant to call me this morning. No call yet, about to go home and ring them back.

In other news, got our rental bond cheques back, but some ****wit in ACT gov didnt sign my girlfriend's, so we cant bank it. Just drop into the office they say. **** off, im not taking time off work to drive 20min to your office in business hours to fix your stuff up.

Morons.
  6. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Chris, is the LL connected? is it a brand new house or an existing line?
  7. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Existing house, landline works, even when connected thru the same splitter as the modem. Had telstra out to 'fix' a line prob yesterday, which sounds like a fail in whoever transferred the last tenant's account to their new place, so hardware wise, I think Im OK.
    Even plugged in the old modem, same story, so modem is not the problem. There is something screwed up somewhere, and I dont know that they have any idea where.
  8. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
  9. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Had to google what you meant, but happily not needed now. While I was on hold to optus again this afternoon, another tech guy rang, he came and sorted the problem. There was a splitter in the roof which meant the 2 of the 3 ports in the house were phone only, withthe 3rd bing for adsl. Only problem was that the adsl one was behind a desk, about 1.5m from another port, so didnt even know that it was there to look for. Would have been nice if any of the 5 people on the phone had of come up with the separate splitter idea.
    He sorted that, so now my biggest problem is getting a cat5 cable to the ps3, the one I was using isnt long enough and I dont plan on trying gt5 on wifi.
    See you all Sunday!!!
  10. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Awesome mate, in the future I would advise to call the TIO alot sooner.
    Things generally get sorted alot quicker
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, you wouldn't believe it, PD have changed the tire model again........

So after some testing last night we will run the same tire regs and the fuel / tire settings need to be put to "fast".

The wear rate and fuel rate is a little faster, but will be easy to get to the end of the race.

Any problems PM me and will sort out any issues that way. Cant take a trick at the moment !!!

Stu
  12. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Is that in same regs as in what has been in force so far, or same regs as in the changes recently introduced?
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Same as we're introduced mate. Only 1 stop per race, run both compounds, start in the tire you qual on.

Cheers stu.

Oh, hope you had a great trip !!
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys, not sure if I will make it on tonight.

Took me an hour and a half to open my lobby this morning. It lets me log into psn, but when I try to join gt it says I have an issue with the server.

Buggered if I know why. Hopefully works tonight. Am nearly done with it .....

Stu
  15. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Yeah, took me 10min to get into the seasonals yesterday too. Doesnt look good
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Well that would sugest its there side, goes to show if something aint broke dont fix. Was allways fine before.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, so frustrating.

See what happens.
  18. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    :):):):), gotta a system update, and then the gt5 update to do. first time firing up ps3 since i got back, plus as my kids took it to nan and pops house, the display settings were all fubar'd and took me ages to get it back on again.

i hope to make it before race start time at least. but i dunno
  19. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Useless :):):):)ing fail of a network!!

Sorry to hold everyone up, unless something improves, I wont be continuing. I dont play games to spend 45min+ trying to join a race.

All week I have been getting super long load times before I get a curser at the main menu, then occasionally it wont let me even go to the community tab. Toinght when I did get there, it was incompatible with host twice, once I got a wait a while and try again message. There were also 3 different server error messages. Some of them boot me out of gt life back to the main menu for kicks too.
    I signed out of psn, re-entered password, power cycled router, gt5 cache cleared yesterday.
  20. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Man, that sucks Barra.

You didn't miss much, most of us screwed up our fuel fill at the pit-stop, I only put 16 litres in, shoulda put 30 in :(

And, I also failed to change tyres from soft to hard because I was dicking around with fuel fill (noticed as I pressed the button... but then it's too late), so had to do my lap and pit again for hard tyres.

I'm going to bed, what a disappointing night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.