Division 3 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks Tony
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Jumped on later than expected.
    Managed a pretty decent lap first time around in practice, so didn't think I'd do too bad during the race.

1st race, ended up 3rd after the few guys in front dropped off.
    Stuck to the back of @dj2ca and @Ad2mny for pretty much the whole race with some laps some nose to bumper action.
    Had a hairy moment towards the later stage that dropped me back, which was probably for the better so I didn't accidentally take anyone out due to fading grip. Not a track where you can let your concentration lapse so was quite intense.
    Good job on the nice clean racing guys. Well done on the win Ads.

2nd race was a bit too eventful but not in the positive way.
    Coming off the final chicane off the formation lap, I gave a bit too much throttle and had to catch the car.
    That let a small gap towards the guys in front and put dj and Ads on the back foot as well. Sorry boys.
    Eventually managed to get past a few guys but not before letting dj and Ads past, then ended up getting pushed off track by two different people on two consecutive corners. Ended up at the back by quite a few seconds.
    Managed to claw my way back up to 4th at one point and then on then coming onto the last lap, I lost concentration and went into a spin. Unfortunately Ads was close enough behind to take advantage of that.

Pretty happy to take away a 3rd considering all else.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    hello ... well it was OK until it went DSC on me ... apologies to anyone who got tangled as my connection got fried... I
  4. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I had a shocker of a night, I'm just going to put this one down as one to forget. Sorry if I got in the way of anybody or if I tapped anyone, I had no intentions to do so - just had a bad night.
    Q7 - thought I'd do better than that.
    Race 1 - P6 - made some silly errors and got pushed going into the hairpin but I guess that's expected.
    Race 2 - P7 - made more stupid mistakes.
    Oh well there's always next week.
    Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  5. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Well, what an exciting and intense couple of races!

I was pretty disappointed to qualify in P5 after doing much better times during the week; I just couldn't put it together when it mattered though.

Race 1 was really close, I started pretty well off the line, so much so that I gave the car in front of me a little bump. The first few corners went really well, some very tight and clean racing from everyone I was close to. A couple of fellas made little errors which enabled me to climb up to P2 behind Ad, and with ranoken behind me. I spent the remainder of the race staying as close as I could to Ad, the gap was very small for the entire race, and the gap from me to ranoken was also quite small.

I only really had two attempts at passing Ad: once at the last hairpin where I got into the inside but ran wide around the turn which let Ad get right back on the inside and away. And once at turn 4a after Ad came out of turn 3 wide and onto the rough stuff. I got right down on his inside, far enough to make a pass but I don't think he saw I was that far up and took his usual line, meanwhile I'm braking hard and setting up for a very sharp corner, we came together a little and he got back out in the lead again.

From there on it was all very close racing, staying within a few car lengths of him and with ranoken still chasing hard too. In the end I just couldn't get close enough to pass Ad, he drove a brilliant race and took a very well deserved win. Congrats @Ad2mny and congrats to @SuiCid3 on rounding out the race 1 podium with me.

Race 2 was not as good for me. Starting 2nd last I knew I had my work cut out for me but I put my head down and started off. We had some more really close racing, well done to everyone I could see around me in keeping it clean and close. I spent the first few laps picking off drivers as they made small errors or didn't quite get out of a corner as quickly.

Settled into P4 after a few laps with Rossi ahead of me and coming into the last hairpin I see P1 and P2 coming together at the exit of the turn which allowed Rossi and I to drive by pretty easily. I spent the next few laps trying to keep up with Rossi, he was driving really well and held the gap between 3 and 6 seconds.

I'm not sure what lap it was on but I clipped the inside wall at the end of the main straight which sent me rocketing into the outer wall, luckily the car stayed pointed the right way and I was able to recover without losing any positions. From there the gap got bigger and I just wasn't quite in a rhythm, there was no way I would get past Rossi without him making a serious error, which he didn't. Rossi drive a great race and thoroughly deserved his win. Congrats @rossi0nsx and congrats to to @fezza on rounding out the race 2 podium.

Thanks everyone for a surprisingly fun round at a circuit I usually don't like at all.

I did some math and here are the round results I've come up with:

1st. Ad2mny - 25 + 6.5 (31.5)
    2nd. Dj2ca - 20 + 10 (30)
    3rd. Rossi - 11 + 12.5 (23.5)
    4th. Ranoken - 16 + 5.5 (21.5)
    5th. Fezza - 13 + 8 (21)
    6th. Col - 10 + 4.5 (14.5)
    7th. Bluebounty - 9 + 5 (14)
    8th. Purpledog - 8 + 4 (12)
    9th. Maximus - 7 + 3.5 (10.5)
    10th. Web - 6 + 0 (6)

Please note: the above results are only for the race results as they occurred and do not take into account any protests that may be pending.

Race 1 highlights:

Race 2 highlights:
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    fezza, stucar17, rossi0nsx and 2 others like this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Love those highlight reels @dj2ca.

When I entered the practice room I was quite surprised at my pace. I threw down a 20 on my first hot lap and just got better from there. By the end of the session I was in the high 18's which is nearly a second and a half better than anything I'd done there before.

We hit qualifying and once again for some reason I had some pace. Straight into the 19's then a high 18 then finally 18.6 with 20 secs to go. I saw I was 2nd on the grid and crossed my fingers that it stayed like that....

It did!! I knew track position was going to be important because of how hard it was going to be to pass. I was on the outside next to @rossi0nsx for the start but I had supreme confidence in my starting ability as every week I'm having to back off to avoid a rear ender. This week I had clear track and I didn't disappoint, pulling a half carlength already by the first left.

Just kept my head down and tried not to worry about what was going on behind, which was dj hounding my bumper the whole race from about lap 2-3 onwards. I seemed to have the better of him over the back of the circuit in the final third of the circuit but he was right there for the rest of it. I saw the pass coming at the final turn and knew he would be hot so I slowed just that little extra, squared it off and grunted back out the turn. The second attempt I didn't see coming, and although he probably had right of way, he redressed knocking me off (cheers!). The only other worry was when I ran off exiting turn 3 and I thought "DAMMIT there goes my win!!" but dj did the same thing so I've got the petrol gods to thank for that one. WOOOO FIRST PLACE!!

Race 2 was not so great. Tried to follow dj and only got through on @SuiCid3 and that's as far as my talent went. Not sure what was going on but had no pace this time. Had a go at @fezza at turn 4 but I think I did what dj did and redressed. Then my app crashed so for a lap and a half I had no gear position or speedo. Crashed turn 1 resetting it. Anyway somehow I was in 5th and struggling till starting the final lap rano spun and gifted me 4th.

Super pleased for the race 1 win though. Yay me.

Well done dj rano Rossi and fezza for the podiums as well.
    fezza, emmo46 and dj2ca like this.
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I really wish I could get some more highlights of other drivers too but the replay system on Project CARS is pretty awful so it makes it quite difficult to navigate through the drivers. Plus just doing what I already do takes quite a bit of time too, which is limited as a stay at home dad chasing a toddler around. Going through replays from a dozen or so perspectives would just take a bit too long for me unfortunately, sorry guys.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Well done Podium! Apologies once again I couldn't make it last night, had some fairly urgent family stuff come up which i needed to sort. As a result, i might be a bit touch and go the next few weeks in terms of being available for the races, but I'll hopefully let you all know by early* sunday morning at the latest (*early Perth time).
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    No worries mate, was a shame you couldn't make it but family comes first. I'm happy to host any time.
    Nathancarhead and webnomad like this.
  10. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Sorry, didn't see you until I was basically on top of you.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R4 : 5th March - MONZA - 23 LAPS. 7/6/17 - 4pm twilight race
    FUEL - SLOW (changed back after sprint round)
    TIRES - REAL
    Weather slots
    1. Clear
    2. Hazy
    3. Light cloud
    4. Light cloud

[​IMG]

OK Guys, onto the long straights of Monza !

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.
    - The big one here is TURN 10 (ascari). Drivers MUST attempt to keep 2 wheels on the ripple strip on exit (RIGHT side). If you CONTINUALLY run wide there you will be penalised. There IS a sand trap there and a penalty so if you get too wide you will be pinged.
    - There are cut penalties at First chicane, second chicane and ascari.
    If you cop a penalty, try to get off the race line, and resume when back up to speed.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Has been common here in the past.

PASSING : Lots of passing opportunities. Obviously turns 1, 4, 8 and 11 are the big stopping zones, give raceroom and use your heads. If a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. Dive bombs and outbraking yourself could be an issue. If you miss your brake marker, and have a car in front, do everything you can to avoid contact

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry. Can be an issue here with the long straights.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : YES ITS BACK ! All drivers MUST make a compulsory stop. I imagine this place is pretty good on tires, so i dont imaging you will need to take tires....Make sure you do a race run to be sure ;)

PIT ENTRY / EXIT :
    ENTRY
    : Is very easy with ample room and time to make a safe entry. Drivers should stay RIGHT on the run into the lane from the exit of Parabolica.
    EXIT : Drivers MUST remain right on exit until you are back up to race speed. The exit line is very long, and is up the middle of the track, so even if you stay in the lane you could still be an issue for fast cars approaching. Use your eyes and heads here guys, be wary of fast approaching cars.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

PROTESTS MUST BE LODGED NO LATER THAN 12PM MONDAY NIGHT. This is so the stewards group can have time to finalize protests well before the following round. You have until 12pm TUESDAY to lodge your own video evidence.

QUITTING : This is something that has been here for as long as we have run leagues, but we are looking to implement a slightly stricter interpretation of this rule. outlined below.....
    1. If you quit the race room you will receive 0 points and you cant use as drop round.
    2. If you park up in the pits for the race (have to stop etc) you will get last place and CAN use as drop round. (if more than one, then points in the order they park up)
    3. If you DSC you will finish behind the last place driver, and behind those who have 'parked up'.
    If the Stewards Group have reason to believe the DSC is a 'sneaky quit" the rule 1 above will apply.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I will be at the Clipsal 500 on Sunday, so I maybe running late. If I am not on by 7.30 Sydney time, could someone please open up a warmup room?
    v8power383 and George like this.
  14. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

No problems at all but do you want to tell the boys in div 2 as well;)
  15. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Haha fat fingers tapped on wrong div lol. Sorry!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Alright for some
  17. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

We expect regular updates from the track. Enjoy
  18. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Had an hour & 43 minute session with Telstra this arvo. Hopefully lag & dsc issues are sorted but not holding my breath.
    Ad2mny, Anthonyb, dj2ca and 2 others like this.
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Question in regards to the rain settings for spa.,... There is 3 settings that's heavier than light rain Rain ... Storm ... Thunderstorm. Please clarify
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Heavy rain is a specific weather setting, pretty sure he means exactly that.
    VARDZ likes this.