Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Thanks AO. We all have to wait if we spin, to avoid these things mate. I don't hold it against you mate, I know it wasn't on purpose, just a bad judgement I think about how far away we were.
    DekGT5mad, AOCleaner74 and emmo46 like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree with all that and I have not yet port forwarded either, tried but failed with Dek one day and never got back to it. I could see everybody last night and the only lag problems I had was with AO and Pykey in race one.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had to wait for the whole field to pass before I could rejoin after my lag inspired crash in race one and my own stupid spin in race two. If you try to get back on while cars are coming it nearly always ends in grief.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Ad, if you've setup a DMZ (which forwards ALL ports automatically) then you don't need to setup individual port forwarding.
    You only need one or the other.

Port forwarding is more secure but considering we're dealing with consoles the risks are very small compared to a PC so DMZ is easier.

Setting up a DMZ should be fine and limiting others in your house to what they use online during your Sunday racing is also a step in the right direction.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  5. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Why don't we change the host for one race and see if that helps it could come down to something as simple as that ? Not everyone is compatible with everyone unfortunately.
  6. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I do have the basic Telstra modem FA model. I did switch off a few wifi connectors and the PC, altho I am pretty sure my wife did not put her I pad down!:D
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Yea I guess I thought I had enough time in the heat of the battle, next time I will take more care.
    Ad2mny and emmo46 like this.
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    The Telstra modem/routers are rubbish AO....much better to buy your own and you don't need an expensive one.

If your wife was on facebook etc it may not have a dramatic influence on your gaming but if she was streaming video from the net or similar then it likely would.

In an ideal world we could turn off internet access to everyone in the house on Sunday nights but in the real world as long as you can minimise what they use that's all you can really ask for.
    I know if I told my wife and kids they couldn't use the net on Sunday nights I wouldn't be racing online anymore....nor should I have to tell them that.

Depending on your router and your PC skills you could potentially setup rules to block/limit certain devices for certain periods of time (eg 8pm - 10pm every Sunday) or block certain websites (eg. Youtube) - these more advanced features are usually available on the more expensive routers. Or it can be a simple thing like turning WiFi OFF until you've finished racing, then turning it back ON (might not be a popular choice with the family though...) :geek:
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What a night, managed to qualify third for race one with a pb 1:30.925. I then got a good start and moved up to second when SPL_Racing got lag punted after the first tunnel. Settled in and saw that AO_Cleaner was lagging a little in front of me so
    took a wait and see approach. Hanging back a little allowed my amigo Ad2 to close up and after a few laps of pussy footing around each other he got a good run along the back straight and passed me.
    While we were mixing it up it allowed AO to get away up front and WTF and Pykey to close the gap to us. I let a little gap build to Ad2 while I dealt with them and I got into a great battle with WTF. He passed me once but I got the place back and a little gap had built to Ad2. I was happy to battle with WTF to prevent him from getting to Ad2 but unfortunately Ad2 had some lag problems and dropped back to us. I was in a sandwich and wasn't then able to hold off WTF and Pykey as I tried to sneek past Ad2 without compromising him. I lost positions to WTF and with an oversteery moment out of the right hander after the first tunnel also let Pykey through. I glued myself to Pykey's bumper all the way to chacane before the finish line where I had a run on him and was looking to take him into turn one/two/three like I had done to WTF. Suddenly there was a lag hit and my car had red spots everywhere and was skidding off the track out of control. I ended up facing backwards and had to wait for the whole field to pass before I could rejoin to run the remainig laps a solid last.
    For race two I started in 2nd place behind OTS who hadn't run in race one. He clobbered the wall on lap one at the right hander after the first tunnel and I was in the lead. Ranok3n challenged me for a couple of laps but then K1W1 arrived and started to battle rano and they dropped back so that I had a two second lead by the time Molch moved up to second. I managed to maintain the gap for a couple of laps before I pushed a little too hard on the left hander before the pit entrance and understeered into the outside wall and spun. Again a big snake of cars prevented me from turning around and I was again in last place.
    Just to cement the deal I did exactly the same thing next lap.
    I really enjoyed the very close battles except the lag was distracting and made me nervous about challenging. I was looking forward to having a competitive season with perhaps a podium or two but things definitely aren't going my way. Next week should be fun at Brands Hatch.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    In an ideal world, PD would fix their :):):):)...

It's a shame it ain't an ideal world... :(
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    +1 Dave, Dmz is simple to set up and I think that more importantly it is the other activity going on simultaneously that effects it the most, on Sunday nights the rest of the household is banned from going online, and through the week if anyone says they can see me lagging I find out who else is online pretty quick and boot them off, (they should be in bed anyway), I use the the golf reference in regards to internet usage while I'm racing ie; if I was playing golf and every time I was about to tee off would you come and grab the club out of hands or every now and then would you run out on to the fairway and steal the ball belonging to the person I was playing against, well I don't play golf anymore I do online racing (it's much cheaper believe me), and having wives, girlfriends children etc, stay off the internet for an hour or so on Sunday nights would probably help tremendously but that's just me.
    Cheers
    DekGT5mad and Ad2mny like this.
  12. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Hey Emmo when are you going to chuck up the div 4 results and points for the night?
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am having trouble with the new system, should get it done tonight I hope. I've done the chart just can't get onto imgur.com from work.
  14. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    ;) Cheers :thumbsup:
  15. gentlemen jim

gentlemen jim Rookie

So! I had a good battle with Rank3n, did I ? Shame I couldn't see it
    SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I could see you and Ranok3n battling in my mirror. I was happy because you seemed to be holding each other up.
  17. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    I won't be racing till next week. NBN is booked in for the 11th and I hate to stuff someone up who is in title contention. Good luck this week
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    lol
    :):):):) happens hey..
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Getting closer to pykey and SPL I'm getting excited :)
    SPL Racing likes this.