Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I think you need to prove that to the mods, get your recruit to let them know you were responsible.
  2. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    ok cheers... I'll message Stu and Shibbmate.
  3. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    So what times should I be doin? Take in mind I hardly know this track and only got my new ps3 yesterday!
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    At a guess I would reckon 9.20ish. I've seen some Div 1 guys in the teens, so I would guess we would be somewhere in the 20's.
  5. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Maybe you Ad, but I won't be!!:D
    Maybe in the 30's....:oops:
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Stop sandbagging!! I'm betting we'll be somewhere in the high 20's. When the fuel load lightens up, the times will drop.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  7. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Whoever can keep it on the track without spinning will win this race, I have managed to get down to around 9:25 but I think that 9:30's is where I want to be to be for race pace to keep it clean and on track. It only takes 2 wheels on the grass and you're gone so sometimes slower is faster. You'll be right AO i'm sure you'll be up there again come Sunday.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  8. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Holly crap best i could do on my 3 laps tonight was 9:.51.558. Hope I'm doing the wrong track.
    Jim_aka_The_Man and SPL Racing like this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    i havnt even done a lap yet maybe i should get to it
  10. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I'm with you molch, you sure you blokes are on the 24hr track & not the Nord?? If so I'm screwed.
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Lads the go for tonights race, in particular qual is this:
    If it's stable do a 1 lap qual run using the qual option. If it's dodgy psn for the room maybe set up the grid based on champ positions.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    NUUUUUUUUUUURRB !!!
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  13. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I had been looking forward to this race all season and with some good practice sessions I knew I had every chance of winning but I knew Ad2mny was going to be hard to beat. I managed to score my first and only pole of the season with a 9:28 even though there were some issues with my lap having to get around Rano after he ran wide a couple of times.

I was way too careful through the GP section and Ad2 and Jim were right on my tail and passed me coming onto the nord track, 2 turns later and I followed them wide and spun around, having to wait for the whole field to pass before I could rejoin I was back to last with some serious catching up to do. I started playing catch up but coming into the tight left there were 2 orange cars parked (AO and Rano) AO backed out onto the track as I came through and I slammed into him giving me major damage to my engine and right front. It took another couple of corners for my red lights to stop flashing and i could steer again.

My pace was good and I picked my way back through the field to 4th and decided to pit after lap 2 to get the undercut but Ad2 and Jim pitted as well so that went out the window, I did jump evil on his stop giving me 3rd place but Ad and Jim were way up the road. I slowly reeled Jim in and just as I was getting to the back of him I ran wide just before the back straight and lost all that ground I had made up. My only hope for second was for Jim to make a mistake and I needed to be close enough to capitalize if he did. luckily for me he did and I was there to sneak by and take second place which I held for the last half a lap.

I needed to win the race to take the championship but Ad was too good for us all, I am absolutely chuffed that in my first season I was even anywhere near title contention considering my plan at the start of the season was to just run around at the back of the pack and get some experience. Thank you to everyone in Div 4 for their incredibly clean and gentlemanly racing over the last 7 races it has been a pleasure to meet you all and race with you.

My wife and I are expecting our first baby in the next couple of weeks so I will have very limited track time over the off season but I hope to see you all again for season 4.

Cheers :)
  14. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Code:
       Driver         Time       Fastest Lap
    01.Ad2mny         48:08.492  9:27.111  (fastest lap)
    02.SPL_Racing       +17.771  9:28.541  (pole)
    03.Jim_aka_TheMan   +22.331  9:30.605
    04.X-3vi1m00n       +29.990  9:31.844
    05.molch_82         +41.818  9:32.329
    06.ranok3n        +1:50.896  9:32.543
    07.pykeybraa145     DNF      9:48.869
    08.AOCleaner74    D/C lap 3 10:00.212
    09.seeeeth123     D/C lap 1  
    10.X-WTF_MAN-X      DNS      

Code:
    Fastest Laps
    01. 9:27.111  Ad2mny
    02. 9:28.541  SPL_Racing  
    03. 9:30.605  Jim_aka_TheMan
    04. 9:31.844  X-3vi1m00n
    05. 9:32.329  molch_82     
    06. 9:32.543  ranok3n   
    07. 9:48.869  pykeybraa145
    08.10:00.212  AOCleaner74

15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What a great race, and I even surprised myself with some pb lap times in the final 2 laps. Qualified 2nd with a 1:28.9XX, just a few tenths off SPL's pole time so was super pleased to be on the front row. Had a look at SPL into turn 1, but he matched me on the brakes, and Jim streamed in up the inside taking 2nd. I could see a lot of Orange in my mirror and lots of ghosting so was glad to be ahead of that!! Jim was insane on the brakes, but SPL was making himself wide through the turns, but a tight line through the final S on the GP track put him out of whack for the tight left. Jim was on the inside and I was way out wide to take a sweeping line when SPL outbraked himself a little, and we both dove through into 1st and second. Our little scuffle brought the following pack, led by AOCleaner, onto our tails again, and I badly wanted the lead. As we come to Hatzenbach I could see Jim was coming in way too hot, not braking for the first left kink, then trying to do all all the braking while turning and running wide and slow, allowing me to slip by on the inside. Behind me an arrow was spinning around and SPL dropped down the leaderboard like a stone. Here was my chance to try get away but Jim was always right there, not quite close enough to pass but certainly in my draft. A dive into Schwedenkreuz but not close enough. All over my bumper through Fuchsrohre but still I held him off, even pulled a small gap, but it closed back up by Metzgerfeld. A big dive by Jim on brakes into Wehrseifen, but a slide on exit opened the gap a little and dropped Jim out of my slipstream. I was glad of some fresh air, and not having to look back every 2 seconds to see where Jim was. The gap opened and closed over the course of the lap, and seeeeth was up to 3rd and on a bit of a mission. He was lagging pretty badly though, and DSC'd at about 3/4 of the way around lap 1 (bad luck teammate). As we come through the final compex onto the long straight I had a nice 4.4 second buffer on Jim and I was more than a little excited about getting away. I said to myself "Self, you are now your own worst enemy, concentrate!" I tried to take my own advice. I saw the red PIT indicator come up next to AOCleaner end of lap 1 and I started worrying that it was possibly supposed to be a two stopper, but decided I really wouldn't know until I did my first stop so concentrate on your laps. By the time I put my full concentration back into my lap I was at Ford-Kurve and Jim had closed the gap down a second and I cursed myself vowing to worry about my lap not what else was happening. For the second lap, I barely looked back, just worried about my lap, but there was always the greeny-yellow menace not far behind reminding me that if I messed just a little the lead was gone. I pitted end of the lap and Jim followed me in after having a bit of a kerfuffle into the final braking area before the pit straight, and his AI had a hiccup on the way past. I was surprised to see a 9:29.795 even with the stop, and was thinking it wouldn't last long, but it did. X-3vi1m00n zoomed past and SPL turned of his tail into the pits. My crew was done before he got near my bay and I didn't get any hesitation passing Jim's pit crew, but he had to pause slightly as SPL turned in front as he pulled out. molch zoomed by as I exited, and pykeybraa moved in between Jim and I. There was no message saying I had to pit again so that was one less thing to worry about. pykey messed up the final S before the transition to the Nordschleife, and Jim closed in, as I slowly closed on molch, but only by hundredths. Jim was now closing on pykey hand over fist, and I was hoping he'd hold up Jim but it wasnt to be. A good draft up to Quiddle-whatchamacallit and a very violent pass sent pykeybraa spinning off the track. I started to get worried and started pushing harder, closing quicker on molch, until by Metzgerfeld I was close enough to see his driver check his mirrors. I trailed the brakes into Wehrselfen, but I mounted the inside kerb, upsetting the car and understeering toward the outside barrier. I was off the throttle but the damage was done. I know from experience that trying to keep momentum on the grass or even trying to stop just ends in a spin, and I was gritting my teeth as it bounced along the armco. It looked like it was gonna turn around anyway, turning itself into the barrier as I coasted to a crawl but it righted itself just as Jim whizzed past. NOOOOOOOO!!! He was only just ahead (about 3 seconds) as I got back up to pace, thankfully not having caused any damage, and I got myself into the mindset to start trying to claw my way back up again. As I came into Breidscheid though, Jim had run wide on exit and spinning out, and I gleefully zoomed back past with a cheeky flash of the lights. That was the last time he was ahead of me, and I resumed the lead at the end of the lap as X-3vilm00n and molch pitted. My final 2 laps had my full concentration, and I cranked out a 28.3 and a 27.111 on my final lap. Very happy with the win, taking double points for team GRT being the joker, and the extra point for FL is the icing on the cake and finally gets rid of that little zero in my sig. Brilliant track, great race. Well done to SPL for clawing his way back up to 2nd in the final part of the last lap, and to Jim for keeping the pressure on early.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Apologies SPL, I was trying to give you room to pass during qualy.. hope I didn't hold you up for too long.

I wasn't doing too bad keeping up with the pack in the first half of the first lap.
    Then I lost concentration and looked over at the laptop as I was going through Schwedenkreuz, which put me on the grass, and for the next half lap, was spinning on every second corner.
    Finally got my :):):):) sorted out by the end of lap 3 and nailed lap 4 to get my fastest time.
    Lap 5 was going well until I entered the Nordschleife part of the track, and hit a little kink in the armco on the right, which stopped me dead and ruined any chance of bettering my time.
    SPL Racing and Ad2mny like this.
  17. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Wow there are names for all of those corners??? Crazy Germans!
    Great Race mate, thoroughly deserved win! After some rough calculations with your FL and my pole extra point I think we may have tied for second in the championship.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    No worries at all, didn't slow me down too much and was still enough for pole. I could see myself catching you and was trying to figure out where I could pass you without hurting your lap as well. That piece of Armco coming onto the Nord track got me in practice, it's a nasty little piece of work.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ha ha yeah and there's signs on the track telling you what the corner is called!! Attention to detail to the max. Pity they don't put as much effort into their servers.
    Molch and SuiCid3 like this.
  20. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Apologies to everybody with my racing. Was driving like an amateur .sorry to back out onto u SPL, I hit the pause button and it went straight back!
    Would like to thank everybody with this being my first season, hopefully do a lot better in the next!
    SuiCid3 and SPL Racing like this.