Division shake up?

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Just an idea, I was thinking since what works with hugher divisons doesnt always go well with the lower divisions I was thinking maybe a shakeup would be a good idea.

Like some of the rounds Div 1 has a wet race where the others have dry and or a sprint race.

Different tyres I think would work well depending on divisons.

The layout how it has been for the last two seasons whilst it has had some good races could of had a bit more variety.

Another idea I thought would be to make division 1 open to setup on a rotating basis(this woukd be best if there was atleast three servers though) and have it as like a Premier Division like F1 is with aero development and what not.

I know many here are probably not experienced with setups, but it is a big part of real racing and provides a real platform to create a mix up, atleast in my view it ads alot of intrest to fine tune them during the week.

Opinions feel free to add what ever ideas you may have come up with.
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Wet races...i'm in!!
    ...but, tuning is alot of work to get right, most would not have enough time to do it...but when you get it right, you become even more of an Alien!
  3. corzza

corzza New Recruit

PSN ID
    corzza7
    I'm keen for wet races, and some more variety. But I'm the same as Joe, personally I have no clue about tuning, so I don't want to be giving up more time to the leaders.

I think it's good with a level playing feild
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah , it's a tough one musta, how much, if at all do we open the regs up to all the drivers ?

A few seasons ago, we ran 2 tie compounds and we had some cracking racing, guys on different strategies, and it threw up some different results. Then they changed the tire model twice in the pace of a few months and it threw a couple of big spanners in the works.

The downside of the 2 tire strat, was that for the guys that don't get a lot, or any in some cases, of mid week practice were at a disadvantage with strategy. This reinforced that the non tune series is the way to go, certainly in the interest of trying to keep the field as close as we can.

We have had a few wet races over the 13 seasons, but as I am sure you know, gt5 gave us a limited number of tracks to run in the wet, and we have run each of them a few times over the years.

Hopefully gt6 gives us a few more options so we can try to get a little more variety into the seasons, not only on tracks, but strategy as well.

With GT6 out this week it will be one of the things to try to get a little more creative so we can have a. Racking season 1.

Watch this space!
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.