GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I wont be able to make it to the track tonight sorry fellas.
    Sorry Tek.. Good luck mate.
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Wimps, the lot of ye!!
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Oh the wrath of CSP's!!!! If you watch me on the first lap you'll see my reason for not doing qual or competing in much of the race, but anyway sh1t happens. Poor team Brown suffered connection issues and go home with no points, so I will stop my whinging. Well, there has been plenty of movement on the ladders. Well done to team Chew, a great team effort.

[​IMG]
  4. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i got the black screen and then got hit by aussies lagging 30000mph car which i know is not aussies fault but even tho i may have been 10 or so seconds up the road i still couldnt of went with chev... my tyre wear was just not good enough... i say ditch monaco and add in Nurburgring Nordschliefe
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah Enforcer, i think everyone has a "what if" story from that race :p .......

Was good fun last night, started 3rd and got what i thought was a cracker start, but then found out Chev had the black screen start, so i followed Snake into turn 1 close in 2nd. After 2 laps i came down the back straight and into the fast left to see nothing but a wall of smoke. Holy #^^%$$^ i thought, and stayed well right hoping not to get a penalty, or hit snake who was spinning everywhere. In my attempt not to hit anything chev managed to get passed through the chicane, so it was a Team Chew 1-2 for a few laps with Tek breathing down my neck.

Ist pit saw Natman get passed (not sure where enforcer was at this stage) so i think i was in 3rd for the second stint. Natman and i had a great little battle for about 4 laps, lots of passes and not one touch. Good racing mate, respect ;) !!

After my second stop i was back to 5th, with Grinder ahead on dying tires. I got passed him after 2 laps when he ran a little wide through first curve. I pitted with 5 to go for my softs, and came out 2 secs behind enforcer with Natman about 7 secs up the road. We closed the gap pretty quickly and then i made my most critical mistake running wide through spoon, loosing touch with Natman and enforcer with just 3 to go. I managed to get back on it, and with the help of natman who had a lose through spoon 1 lap later, was up to 3rd and tried to chase down E.

Last lap E also had a lose which saw me close up down the back straight, and get close enough to think about having a dive into the chicane. I just wasnt close enough, but when he decided to slide across the line i though he had gone off a bit early and hoped i might have pipped him, but for the 2nd time in a row he got me by .1 of a second. SPEWWIN !!

Was an interesting race, i made 3 mistakes which all up prob cost me about 20 secs......running wide at the hairpin twice at the end of both my stints on the mediums, then also stuffing up spoon with 3 to go. Had a great lag battle with Aussie for a lap, that was interesting :lol:
    Bad luck Snake and Aussie, after the indy round was looking forward to another good battle. Stupid network. And Natman, great battle mate, was looking forward to watching on replay, but i got the black screen when the race finished so i lost it when i had to reset.

Good fun, bring on the next round......oh and well done chev, very good drive.
  6. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah Stu me to m8,

my race was like a scary hell warping nightmare!! :/ and it went like this.

started Somewhere i don't know... BLACK F ing screen.... :mad: 90% of the field binned it in the 1st corner. then i got slapped, smashed, beaten like a egg and finally shaken like a big cocktail like i wasn't even there :lol:
    then worked my way through the field, seen snake spin, seen Chev pit, then got :):):):):) slapped out of the room. so yeah fun, interesting and :):):):) all rolled into 1....
  7. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I actually quit after what must have been my 10th off in 11 laps Stu, I feel slightly guilty about it but f#ck me dead I was bloody wild with myself and just couldn't take any more, I felt like crap as it was and decided I needed sleep more than I needed to put up with building sandcastles all night. Very disappointed with myself, particularly because I had pace enough to win the race, and the fact that through 3 practice sessions prior I had not lost it at 130R or the first degner, not once, it was always the second degner and the hairpin that were troublesome, come race time, not one incident in either of those corners but I reckon I went off at almost every other corner on the track!

The first stint was the worst, I went about 1:20 down on Chev, after I pitted I had a few consistent laps and got the gap down to less than 1:10 before the :):):):) hit the fan again, dunno if he was on mediums or not but still, was making ground and at least hoping I could salvage some good points, was following Stumbles briefly before he had an off at which point I quickly did the same and that was when I decided enough was enough, sorry I bailed guys but it was just too painful, it's like when I actually try to get some practice in I put too much pressure on myself and fall apart come race time, atleast Aussie was able to help me achieve a stable setup which will hopefully work on the remaining tracks too, gonna have to get the maximum out of this Astra for the remainder of the series now Aussie.
  8. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

I've definitely gotta be in the next series of this. Looks awesome. I like the idea of the teams. Good stuff
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

There's no way you had the pace to beat me Snake. My pace on the mediums was supreme mate. And yeah, rage quitting isn't the most respectable way to end your race. Maybe more practice would help. Enforcer, that goes for you also.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bad luck aussie, it was interesting when you got booted mate.. I thought i got past you about 4 times before you would come barreling through me again to take my spot. :lol:

Just before you got slapped out of the room i had a run on you down the back straight and we were side by side coming into the fast left, then i saw you disappear out to the right wall never to be seen again !!! I was worried for a moment that we made contact but then i realised you had been booted......bugger

Snake, mate have been there before......on those nights you get so frustrated you do want to kill someone........is probably better to park it and walk away rather than keep on going and hate it. I did it last season and felt bad for it, so your not Robinson Crusoe !!
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    What was your pace on mediums if you don't mind me asking?
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

lol gotta love that confidence.

I didnt even know Aussie was in room, I thought you got dumped during qual. What position you start from Aus?
  13. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

More knowledge than confidence tek. I'll have to check the replay Snake. But I know my long stint pace was superior to everyone's.
  14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah I must admit, I started out running 58 flat on the mediums but they quickly declined until I was running 2:00's more consistently, never got to that point in the race though, hopefully I'll fare a bit better next time around.
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah mine was similar to that snake.
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well I've got new bits and bobs on their way for my pedals, so hopefully I will be around next Monday. I ended up doing a few laps with the controller, and some with the controller for accel and brake and wheel for steering, and some with the wheel and pedals and just driving with the brakes on. Needless to say I crashed heaps!! I did park it for a bit and stripped the pedals, rebuilt and lubed them again, but to no avail. So annoying, I had the little Audi pulling 56's on the softs and 58's on the med's during sober practice, and it felt pretty stable. I'll save your fingers Chev, I wouldn't have kept up with you though.

Now, few things to discuss. Next weeks race looks like a toss up between Tokyo and Fuji. I think Fuji was the winner (one with the chicane). Also I'll need someone to run some laps and figure out lap times and roughly how many laps a set of softs will do. No use me doing it will a controller, I'm complete rubbish. Also, this Monday is good, but Easter Monday I'm away. Happy for Stumbles to host if he is around, or post-pone for a week if loads of people will be away. I don't want this series to interfere with S7 is all, so I'd prefer it to keep rolling on. Plus it will mean one less week till Spa!!
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

My first lap killed me and set a trend for the rest of the race. Went too hard on cold tyres and spun it off, screwed up the tyres so had to pit earlier than hoped. Second stop i had some wierd frame lag and instead of gettings mediums it stuck me with softs again then there was the off I had chasing someone down and the car just wouldn't hold the track on the bend due to dirty air. And to top it all off I just didn't have straight line pace.

An eventful fault ridden race for me, but grats to the podium.

I wont be able to make this coming Monday but will For the remaining races
  18. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @Anon, if you want Anon i can TRY and crunch some number for you, soft tyre lap distance and all that technical stuff!
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah m8 don't stress to much there wasn't contact. had what thought was good little battle but as from what else i seen in the race this may not be so :/
    if you did that, i'd be throwing BIG spanners at your car :p or a stick of TNT KA-BOOM!!!! no more STU :lol:
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    this post is a little harsh m8.....this has nothing to do with me but IMO chev its any1 race so there no reasons to be all big headed about it when you win, and i remember you carrying on like a busted arse whinging two bob last week, so yeah we all know who has got pace here, we will see how you go next week 40kgs fatter....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.