GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    So what sort of pace do you guys have around Indy? I had a brief session with Enforcer last Thursday I think it was, managed to get into the 27's with my 40kg's ballast, no way i'll be able to maintain that pace for long, 2 laps max I reckon then she'll be droppin off big time, gonna really struggle to match the top guys this time around I reckon, I find I'm always catching the grass around here, give me some concrete runoff's damnit! :lol:
  2. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    that engine tuning has really killed my gear ratios.... its got the torque all wrong not where i need it and any room i seem to go in feels like :):):):)... hopefully the race room feels better im going to start on the mediums...
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Snake, if you're doing 27's on softs you are ahead of the curve son. Keeping this car under control on the mediums has been the challenge for me. See you all tonight.
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Well I dont have any good news Flood, I did abit of practice last night and I cant get on the pace. Tried numerous sets ups found one that was good for a half decent lap mid 28's, but its a terrible race setup. After 5 laps the fronts were 3/4 gone and time starts to drop after 2 laps. I dont like road indy to be honest.

So i dont know what im going to do, Ill probably just rest it to default and up the downforce abit. Unless you got some magic setup looks Ill be racing at the back.

Not sure if i should be running a turbo or not aswell.
  5. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Would anyone object to me running in tonight's race ? (And probably the rest of the series?)
    - I didn't see this was running, looks super-fun!

I'm happy to start with 20kg's of Ballast or whatever people think is fair.
    Anyone need a teammate ? (If I have to, can run as a privateer!)

What time does Quali kick-off?
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I'm struggling too tek, I've never had a car before that is so neutral to changes I make, low downforce, high downforce, mid or high turbo, hard or soft suspension, all my lap times are about the same.

High turbo does seem best though tek, a little more punch on the straights for me.

Should be N interesting night.
  7. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Anon I've sent you an email & a pm this morning about racing tonight I'd love to join in & I can do the rest of the series I did a bit of practice over the weekend with a few of the guys, Aussie was very helpful with the setup he gave me for the astra which is the reason I'd like to use this car if that's all right mate could you get back to me if that's all right cheers
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    If Aussie can't get in/stay in the room tonight, I'd be happy to allow either Natman or Aza to contribute their points to our team total for the team championship, whoever finishes higher lads :lol:
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Nat and Aza can run, but in their own team Master Snake...slippery little sucker aren't you??

Yeah that's fine lads. Look given the room size, lets keep mic's off again this week. It was rare to see almost no prob's with NAT last week, so who knows, that may have helped. I will host again, should be home in time. It would still be good if everyone could reboot routers and clear cashe's etc prior to the race. See ya'll there!
  10. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    well i've been on all week at all different times and jumped into all different types of room to stress my connection with a new modem frequency channel, and its running well so fingers crossed..
    have been rebooting and doing a slow shut down as well so that maybe helping too

@everyone if we can try and keep the in room message to min PLEASE as i think that it stresses the room connection.. thanks!!

@Snake, so hope i can stay in snake, it sucks even that i know have the pace but i'm always stressing out about if i'm stay connected to the room. tring my best with what i've got m8. :p
  11. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    It's all bad news on my front, I haven't done any running since last weeks race. Given that I was so out of shape then, things don't look likely to have improved much this week.

Afraid not. What you suggested is just about the extent of my tuning anyway.

I'm running the High RPM turbo I think. Then limiting the HP.
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hey Natman, as long as you're on before 9 you will be sweet. Just remember, you must pit at least twice, and use both softs and mediums....but can only do a max of 10 laps on softs. Also, we are running a 1 lap shootout qualy where you must start the race on the tyre you set your time on.
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Forget to change BB, screw up gear settings, not enough prac = fail harder than ever before! Park up after 21 laps of 25 = win :p

BTW, grats on the win Aussie :)
  14. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry Natman, feel like a massive prick. Sent you a msg saying try again and then you logged off. I figured you'd given up, and the natives were getting restless. You logged on just as I'd pressed the start race button, and there is no going back after that. We will make it work next week.

Too much time spent on the TT's Rumbles!!!
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Results, the team ladders are done as per previous, plus in F1 format. Thoughts?

[img=ladder]http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy332/CJIanon666/DTMladderrd2.jpg[/img]
  16. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i would like to enquire as to why chev got to do 2 flying laps... he blames this on aussie getting in his way but a number of us got held up and we didnt do more flying laps why is chev so special ??
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

If it makes you feel any better Enforcer, my qualy lap was rubbish. I could have done a lot better, so really, it doesn't matter. I only did 1 flying lap because after I got held up, I did a casual lap around to have another go. Saying I had 2 flying laps isn't accurate at all. Aussie obviously didn't see me on the straight as he came out of the pits. I had to slow right down to not hit him into turn 1. It was a bit more than held up, I almost had to stop completely. It's no biggy though Aussie. I didn't change tyres, so they were already a bit shagged when i got the flying lap in. Just worry about your own qualy and race etiquette Enforcer. Maybe you would perform a bit better if you kept YOUR mind on YOUR race.
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Oh btw. Well done Aussie, supreme performance.
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah good win Aussie, didn't put a foot wrong, thats what it takes, me on the other hand, well, nothing went right last night tbh, held up in qualy, 2 off's on my in-lap on softs plus being caught out for an extra lap on shagged tyres, did the same thing again when I overshot my 2nd pitstop by a lap, once again caught out on tyres that were past their use by date, then had a bad off (caught me by surprise, I thought I knew what the car could do, then it just understeered wide) with about 5 corners to go before the end, resulted in me falling from 4th to 7th by the time I got back on the road, absolutely spewin, just didn't have my mind in the game last night, unfortunate as even with mediums I was able to battle with some of the faster guys who were running softs, I had the pace for a good result last night, just not the consistency.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Dominant win Aussie, well done and good solid drives from Chev and anon as well.

I had great fun last night. I quallied 11th on the meds and had a plan to run a 10 lap stint first up and hope that the undercut would give me clean air in the second stint and then a reasonable position to fight with the softs. Bugger me it worked.

was up to 9th after the first corner than tried to hold on to the back of anon and the fast boys up front that i was hoping were on softs. By lap 7 i was pretty much on my own and with the guys in front pitting i was up to 2nd. I pitted on lap 10, and had clear air again and was up to 7th, with flood catching. On lap 17 flood got a draft on softs down the front straight, and after i went right to try to defend a little i realised i was a sitting duck so i went back to the left........flood thought i was drunk and slightly rubbed the wall trying to avoid me. Sorry mate. :/

We got to the pit nose to tail, i put on the softs and thats when the race came alive for me, reeling in Grinder with 1.5 to go and then getting past snake who binned it on the second last corner, which left me with enforcer struggling coming out of the slow esses onto the straight. I was going to throw it up the inside but thought he might kill me (in hindsite i should have, his tyres were gooooone) and would get good drive and a tow, but he covered me down the straight and pipped my by .1 for 4th. Spewin !!

Was a great race.......had a blast. :D :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.