GT6 ( Expressing Interest )Favorite Car Racing

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Beau_Albert, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I don't have a clue how this will work, so far haven't put much thought into it but it was just an idea that popped up into my head and i wanted to see what the reaction would be like.
    Basically it would be a PP limited event and you can compete in whatever is your favorite car in GT6. It can me Tuned and modified however you like. I will set a laptime around a few circuits in my 3 Favourite cars, limit them to 450pp and average the laptimes. That laptime is what if possible, you tune your car to achieve so this can still be a close event. If anyone has a better idea please post it below because at the moment i am simply throwing ideas around.
    Interested Drivers:
    BeauAlbert Chevrolet Corvette C3
    N64TheStig007 BRZ GT300
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Hmmmmm. Sounds interesting. I like the idea of multi-car racing. Sounds like some mucking about though sorting out tuning. Maybe set the pp then set a max speed for the circuit so they are even-ish? Unfortunately though there will always be a car that blitzes the rest because of weight or torque. Maybe a multi circuit championship to show the different advantages of the different cars?

Some ideas maybe?
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    How about running short races reverse grid, then allow the bottom half finishes the option to chance their car, but only allow one of each car.
    You can go further and force the winner or podium to change to another car also.
    If you are worried about attendance from lower divs, then try the tire compound rule
    ie
    div1-2 hards
    3-4 meds
    5-6 softs
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  4. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Thats something i hadn't considered with the Max speed, i will include that if this goes ahead, yeah there will always be one car but this is more so about showing off your favourite car and having a scrap while your at it. Yes the circuits will be massively changed up :)
    Love that rule of the Division system, i think that could work well, but then again a Div 1 Alien's car may not be as fast as a Div 6 drivers, so an added penalty of grip reduction will hurt them further :/
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Just chuck me in a BRZ GT300 and I'll be happy. :)
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I had thought about something similar to this but with only road cars and no concepts etc
    In my experience, the faster drivers often have more practice/testing time up their sleeves, hence why they are so fast compared to say a casual div 6. IMO you want the lower div guys up front winning races, I wonder if any of the faster guys get tired of leading the pack and want a good challenge every now and then?
    Beau_Albert, Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well usually when I ever end up in front of MINT, Rotor, Warrior or Dan I wonder, how the hell is this happening? And then I make some stupid mistake and let them through lol

Definitley worth giving Div 6'rs a stronger car, to the point that an alien such as MINT must be on the limit to challenge for victory.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    v8power383 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well @Beau_Albert you have 4 of us discussing, would you like some help putting a small series together?
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Absolutely mate :D
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I think the basics are there, what you need now is some div 1 guys cutting laps around the tracks at a set pp so we've got a baseline to work off. Once we get that, then we can muck around with tyres/increasing pp levels for lower divs.
  11. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Alright cool, ill go throw a message to some Div1 heavyweights and if its still there, put a post in the Div1 thread
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What tracks are we to test on?
    Keep in mind to that some cars' PP's are very inaccurate, I've found some VGT's are overwhelmed against cars of the same PP, and others vice versa. Perhaps some cars like the 2J, Suzuki GSX and others that dominate PP races and seasonal TT's should be banned.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    which is why I suggested standard road cars only
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I imagine most peoples favorite cars would be Road Cars anyway, but yes i will definatley ban them. In terms of Circuits, at the moment i am thinking of Autumn Ring Long, SSR5 and Nurburgring GP/D i believe it is called. They are the ones i shall be getting my laps done at. Thanks for the help though guys :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What about limiting it to 4 seater or even 4 doors. There are a lot of RWD four door cars around the 500 PP mark and some others (AKA Commodore) than can be easily brought up to 500PP. I've often thought that PP limits for each division is a good idea. Mustafur did that with BMW M3s once and it was very good.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have a list somewhere of 4 door cars from gt5 days...should be easy enough to fix for gt6...
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    The final round of the no practice series is on tues 6/1, and I am thinking to run another series on tuesdays almost immediately following...unless...you wanted to run this series on the tuesday for a few weeks instead?? @Beau_Albert
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Nah your able to take the slot, dosent look as if this will be going ahead anywho, not much interest :/