AC Expressions of Interest - Assetto Corsa Events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AJ.Scott, Jul 16, 2014.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hi guys n gals,
    As a fan of Assetto Corsa (AC) I think it has huge potential to become the next major player of race Sims, one that will be embraced by the modding community and is already showing signs of modding excellence. The game itself is setting the benchmark for PC based race sims, with all content being licensed, so genuine car telemetry is being used to develop the car physics in game, with all official tracks being laser scanned so every bump and curb is felt to increase our immersion, just like you're really there! and with a laser scanned Nordschleife due for release just around the corner, the future is looking supercharged for PC SimRacing enthusiasts.

Over the past few days I have been in talks with the Minister for Finance, Recreation and Hobbies :cool:, and a deal has been brokered (the things we do to go racing :D) granting approval to fund a 24slot AC server, which will be made available exclusively to RaceOnOZ. I will be organising the server service over the coming week, and all going well, kick the first event off the beginning of August :)

So, in light of the above, I was wondering,
    1) Is anyone interested in weekly AC events if organised?
    2) What night would be most suitable?
    3) What cars would be preferred? (Open wheelers or Saloons/GT's)
    4) Whether to run a series or fun events?
    5) Anything else that comes to mind?

Please post your expressions of interest, thoughts and comments in this thread :)

Cheers
    AJ
    T_Vue and Anon666 like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    1) Yes. I just may not be able to make it every week. Other options is fortnightly or similar. Either way locking it in is good. ADHOC eventually just seems to wither away to not at all...
    2) Tuesday, Wednesday. Possibly Saturday (not Sunday so as not to conflict with GT6 League may help numbers)
    3) I'm easy. Traditionally prefer saloons and street cars (lower grip), but some of the OWs in AC have surprised me. I will enjoy what ever.
    4) Series is good if there's numbers. Championship tables add to the fun. But it might be easier to muster a good turn out for one off events at first.
    5) Good work and thanks for kicking this off! As time goes on, happy to contribute funds
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Thanks @KoAStR for the support mate :) could be some thin grids to start with but Im sure it will prove popular once the word spreads, there's plenty of content in AC to keep most simers happy, plus mix it up between street & race saloons and the open wheelers. And not forgetting with the F1 and Tudor sports car mods not that far away its only going to get better.
    Mid week would seem best as a starter, if it builds in numbers and goes league maybe then do a Fri or Sat race, but we'll see what transpires.
    Cheers
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I am keen for AC events finally got myself a reliable compatible headset for my pc have not tried any MP stuff on AC yet just hotlaps.never pc gamed online before so not sure how teamspeak and servers and all that works.but im in for sure ;)
    T_Vue, KoAStR and AJ.Scott like this.
  5. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    downloaded team speak then just got confused to all buggery haha
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Welcome aboard Tovey_4saken, We're not planning anything serious ATM just having a little fun, Teamspeak is a breeze once it's setup, as far as the rest goes we can talk you through and drama's you may get online ;).
    If your keen check out the Nordschleife Challenge that we've got for our opening event HERE :D

Cheers
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Cheers mate yeah just stuck on how to find the teamspeak server atm haha yeah hopefully we can grow the AC crowd on here.It's an amazing game.already had a bit of a flick through,the green hell would be great fun snoopy has done a great job.just waiting for a new tv comes friday.missus has the main tv for her div 6 races.Then im all set :D
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    okay think i got it lol got into a teamspeak lounge with people in it think its the right one lol havent got mic hooked up yet cant get to pc atm haha sim rig boxes in the way lol
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    You can type into the box at the bottom of the TS window, hit enter to send what you type, if you already knew this then disregard everything Ive just said :p:D
  11. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    nope didnt even notice it hahaha ill jump on it tomorrow and work it all out haha cheers for the help mate :D
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    All good mate :cool:
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Anyone interested in an AC event on Saturday nights, DoogleDave has problems getting to our weeknight events due to work commitments. So I was hoping we could somehow accommodate Dave so he can join in on the fun.

Post your thoughts please.

Cheers