"FINAL" CAR POLL FOR SEASON 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 19, 2015.

?

Car for season 7

1. NISSAN GTR Touring Car

43.5%
  2. SUBARU Impreza GT300

56.5%
  1. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    My vote for tracks:
    R1: Special Stage Route 5
    R2: Trial Mountain
    R3: Red Bull Ring (Weather)
    R4:Silverstone National (Sprint)
    R5: Circuit De La Sarthe
    R6: Ascari
    R7: Mount Panorama (Enduro)
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Ok, after fixing my information (silly twelvie). I have found the ACTUAL tracks we shouldn't be using this season.
    Nurburgring GP variants has been in half of our races. (Nordschleiffe is ok)
    Apricot Hill, Half also (I know many drivers who dislike here cough cough @Nathancarhead )
    Spa, While a fantastic track, slightly overused.
    Silverstone, Again, could be an exception for Matt's victory
    Laguna Seca, ALWAYS seems to pop up in the calander......

Pleeeeease mods, refrain from using these ^^^^^tracks this season.....Please?
    razor4797 and Nathancarhead like this.
  3. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Umm... So remove the good tracks? Your boring
    I would love spa, silverstone your reasons seem like something because your losing :p
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Nah, he has a point, those tracks are very overused. Don't particularly agree with Spa or Silverstone, even Nurburgring GP, but apricot and Laguna do seem quite overused from previous seasons.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The Silverstone National track is good.:thumbsup:
  6. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    i perfer world tracks, this game needs some formula 1 track
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Not really losing tbh :p Nurburgring i've never raced, Spa I came third in ROC there, Apricot Hill fastest lap (somewhere around 15th in Rooz I think), Silverstone I've never raced and Laguna I won, pole position, fastest lap AND ROC victory.......Yes it's great to have real world tracks in there but it gets really repetitive.....
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok...in GT6 we have used the following tracks for Sunday leagues.
    4x nurburgring
    3x apricot hill, laguna, silverstone, spa
    2x bathurst, brands hatch, deep forrest, fuji, grand valley, monza, motegi, tokyo, trial mountain
    1x big willow, cape ring, daytona, indy, midfield, monaco, red bull ring, suzuka

0x tsukuba, le mans, ascari, high speed ring, autumn ring, eiger, SSRX, matterhorn, sierra, london, rome, madrid, SSR5, SSR7

Based on that, if we went for a completely new tracklist, it could be:

Round 1 - High Speed Ring
    Round 2 - SSR5
    Round 3 - Rome
    Round 4 - Madrid (sprint)
    Round 5 - Ascari
    Round 6 - Sierra
    Round 7 - Le Mans (enduro)
    Viperzed, SuiCid3 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  9. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

While I see your logic, there's a couple of things to consider.

1. Because the tracks haven't been used doesn't mean they are going to promote good racing with a range of overtaking opportunities. They probably haven't been used because they're unpopular.

2. I only started with ROOZ at the start of Season 4 so I'm a relative newcomer but if I look through the entrants lists in all divisions, there's a lot of new faces that may not have raced at the more "used" tracks in the Sunday league before.

Personally, I think tracks should be selected for their suitability to offer good racing, not because they've not been used before.
    skywalker, stucar17, incey and 2 others like this.
  10. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    i like that track list, but if you include the tracks used in the previous SOO when we used the subi, we should take out Madrid. instead i suggest we replace it with tsukuba. secondly, le mans is just far to long for the subi's. my suggestion is we replace it with SSR5, and enter autumn ring to replace the now vacant spot
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I can't believe people actually voted for this car.
    KeedenMcdonald, incey and Beau_Albert like this.
  12. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    I can. I love the car
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, I hope to have a track list up by the end of the week before this weeks "meet and Greet".

At this stage i am looking at wear on FAST, with Qual and first stint on RH, with just 1 stint on the RS. For most tracks this will mean just 1 stop unless you are ridiculously hard on tires, when you stop for the faster tire will create some strategy given how long even the soft tire lasts. If we run on normal it becomes a sprint every week with the fast guys running away at the front of the field.....Boring as bat:):):):) IMO.

The one curve ball i am thinking is a wet round with RANDOM weather, meaning each lobby could be completely different, not overly important as far as FL is concerned as the other 6 rounds still give us a clear indication of overall pace....i need to do more testing on this so will have the wet round towards the end of the season, prob round 5 or 6.

As always there is a wide range of opinions here and its the old adage that “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

At the end of the day tracks will be selected for their ability to give us good "racing" without making the series stale. Tough when a lot of us have been playing the same game for the period that we have....we do try to mix the track list up a little, some of the tracks are genuine dogs that should be put down !

With so many people involved trying to keep all happy is tough, just trying to do our best ;)
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Im not sure it will be a 1 stopper, softs last about 10 mins.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    not in the testing i have been doing......get 13 laps out of them on Nurb GP (long circuit) which is "about" 20 mins. Times only drop minimally till you get down to 5 wear on the fronts. All the other tracks were about the same in terms of relative life.

Autumn ring i was on 5/6 on the front after 10 laps, about 15 mins of running, i would expect most guys could push out another 4 laps from them, so easy get to the end on the hards
    Peter Wise likes this.