AC Friday night is alright for DRIFTING?!??!?!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Who's up for some drifting madness on Friday night?? After my skid pan fun a few weeks ago I want to give it a go in the virtual world.

I will find a track and car combo via the amazing technology of asking people who do this!

If I can get enough hands in the air I will password the server and keep the riff raff out.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I should be keen. :)

Be cool to set the time up as late afternoon, or set up evening with light fog and all run lights on for something different and some nice screen shot opportunities.

Cars suggest loading up a mix as being balanced is irrelevant:
    • BMW E30 drift is a nice entry level drift car particularly on tighter circuits.
    • BMW M4 drift is not bad.
    • Supra Mk IV Drift from the new jap pack is epic and a good drifter setup straight out of the box with heaps of power for drifting more open circuits.
    • Ford Sierra RS500 Drift mod is good.
    • Dspec cars, probably can't go wrong with any of them, the one's I've tried are nice:
      • Nissan R32 comp/tuned
      • '69 Camaro comp/tuned
      • Mazda RX8 rotary comp
    • Some standard KS cars that work too - but usually have less steering and diff lock so can be challenging:
      • Merc SLS AMG
      • Afla GTA
      • Ford Mustang 2015 (DLC)
      • Chev C7 (DLC)
    Tracks (drift search filter in-game works pretty well):
    • Vallelunga club is a good place to start for drifting.
    • Aosta Aperto (drift) is pretty good too with different routes available within one variation, but a little more challenging with blind corners and elevation changes.
    • Grobnik and Sachsenring might be other good options, especially in something high powered like the Supra but I have only raced these tracks.
    • Barcelona Moto could be good but haven't tried it
    • Tsukuba could be good
    Anon666 likes this.
  3. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    DSpec Cars??
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  5. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    just found this post now :roflmao: would be keen to get some drifting going pav and I were chatting today about getting something set up :coffee: I have links to over 30 drift tracks and 5 drift car packs one of which koastr just posted.
    KoAStR likes this.
  6. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Tried a few more Dspec cars out, and would also recommend:
    • Dspec Viper
    • Dspec GTRC10 (old school Nissan GTR)
    • S2000 (not as nice model as others though e.g. single flame is offset from twin exhausts)
    These one's I have tried and wouldn't bother with personally. They are OK but TBH not the best models (like no mirrors or brake lights and textures ported from older games), lacking in power, or have other minor issues giving a half finished or Gran Turismo Standard model sort of feel:
    • 240sx
    • 370Z
    • RX7
    • S14
    • S15 (came up with file error)
    Judging by the preview's for alot of the cars I haven't tried they similar.

Haven't really bothered trying out ones where there is already a kunos version of that car or something similar e.g. the mustang, various BMWs, BRZ, MX5, Supra.
  8. Pete

Pete Rookie

I'd be keen to give some drifting a go
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    strange the S15 didn't work? the stock version is not too far off one of the guy's I drift with real life daily 15
    the dspec version of kunos cars are the kunos models but better lock and engine choices 1uz ae86,rx7 with the 4 wheel steer locked out and modified lock kits so they can hold slides .It's a big pack and alot of the cars are still wip best one's for me are the r32 rb30,1uz AE86 with comp tyres and the g8 ls7 supercharged others require a fair bit of tuning or going into the data files and increasing clutch torque,hand brake pressure so on
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yep love that R32. :inlove:
    Good tip on the G8 tried that just now and it's a blast and looks good. Popped a tyre holding 4th gear drifts! :roflmao:

Seems to be just the VH45 (comp) in the S15 that doesn't work. Comes up with a cannot find lods.ini for car error. :confused:
    Got it working by just copying from one of the other S15 versions (which all appeared the same). It's a nice looking mod. Interior dash textures not a polished as some of the others and with max power at 345 hp is a bit timid compared to alot of the other Drift Spec cars but I think I'll keep it installed ;)
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  11. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    ahh yes the vh45 doesn't work i always just use the rb26 s15 lol if you are using the sound patch I linked the s15 rb26 is modded with the comp lock and adjustable turbo's out of the box you couldn't change boost and the clutch was too weak also changed gear ratios they were a bit uneven 2nd/3rd :thumbsup:
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Tovey, just pick a car and track combo.
    Mael likes this.
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Will start off simple and go the R32 Rb30 at ebisu west on phone so can't post links but type it into youtube and grab tagio or what ev's version also change Ai folder name to air so we can run the two drift sections
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Any thing happening with this tonight? was keen for a run.
    @Driftoz was keen for some tandem drifting too.
    Anyone else getting an error when trying to login to the TS server? @Anon666
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Tovey_4saken with the Dspec sound fix.. I assume that gets overwritten when Kunos release an update or if you validate game cache, and I noticed the new one from Kunos is a bigger file size than the Dspec fix.. will the Dspec one get updated?

Also found Ebisu West on YT here's the DL info.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  16. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    KoAStR likes this.
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Are we drifting tonight? Need to know if I should dust off the rig and start hooking everything back up lol
  18. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

so anything happen with this? i still havent seen you drift @Anon666
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, gotta pull my finger out. Going to the pan again at the end of the month if wife allows. I don't so much drift as lose control through the corner...
  20. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

as long as you have fun lol i now have a sim rig with handbrake so been doing a heap of drifting latley