Logitech G27 Wheel lock settings

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Clevohead, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok, so spoke with some you guys tonight in a room about these settings, and no one knew about them, so I have copy and pasted the main crux of it from GTPlanet, but you can find the full thread here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

All the quoted text from GTP is in RED. So please excuse any poor gramma it is not me.

According to all accounts on the thread these work in GT5 and 6, and also PC sim titles.

Make the setting changes after getting into the game, as any time the wheel re-calibrates it loses the settings.

I haven't personally tried it yet, but it will be interesting to give it a go.

So here you go:
    [​IMG]
    [1+2] + O = ~670°
    [1+2] + S = ~450°
    [1+2] + X = 900° Resets to default
    [1+2] + T = ~240°

1 and 2 buttons goes down almost same time, I have used order 1-2 and then selection without any specific delay, then releasing selection key and also 1 and 2 buttons.
    *After many tests can say at just hold 1+2 down and then select TSOX-mode which you want to use.
    Have done it everywhere, on track, on menus, so doesn't matter where, only doing it after wheel calibration, 'coz calibration resets these modes.
    If you keep small tension on wheel when switching to 0deadzone mode you feel small *klak* and movement of wheel.
    After successful mode change you feel it when turning wheel toward lock, there will be a FFB-engine powered lock what you feel on chosen radius.

Hardware coded feature, works on PS3 and PC.

G25 confirmed also to work same as G27
    Works also on DFGT (1=start 2=select) (some works, some not..weird)

• Lock setting appears to reset after PS3 reboot.
    • Lock setting retained after exiting and re-entering track.
    • Lock setting retained after room exit and rejoin
    • Lock setting resets after game exit & restart
    Was able to generate the below pictures with the D-Photo Measures Free app for android. The app would not measure full travel past 180° so I had to add or subtract the value shown and enter it manually. Please keep in mind the vertex and line angles could be off a tad.

"T" setting - Picture shows lock left so 200° lock to lock.

[​IMG]

"S" setting - this is one where the value displayed needs to be subtracted from 360° - It shows 142° but I say, accounting for vertex and line angle position errors, it's 140°. So left lock is 220° for a 440° lock to lock.

[​IMG]
    "O" setting - another where the value must be subtracted from 360° to get a left lock of 330° and 660° lock to lock.

[​IMG]
    "X" setting - This is one where I edited the number for full left lock. Again, accounting for vertex and line positioning error, I say 430° left lock for a 860° lock to lock. The pattern for the others is +120° so my errors could be to the tune of 20° more and it's really an 880° lock to lock.

[​IMG]
    Capatown, KoAStR and Stumbles like this.
  2. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    I've had a muck around with this and I personally prefer 900 for racing however for drifting 670 seems to work better. I could see this comming in handy for the formula cars like the red bull ones thou.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Holy crap I've got to try this!
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It actually works!
  5. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    I generally use [1+2] + S = ~450° as I have a larger diameter (350mm) steering wheel. This makes it feel closer to the onscreen wheel in dashboard view when driving.
    Clevohead likes this.