GT6 [GAUGING INTEREST] - FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo Grand Prix Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by leeboy910, Apr 22, 2015.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I've been out of action for a while with work commitments, but since things have cleared up a little bit, it's time for a new series.
    The FT-1 VGT car is a joy to drive, so a series using it was a no-brainer for me. The car can't be tuned or parts added either which means it's all down to the driver.

Seeing as the FT-1 is pretty quick and handles well, I'd say some of the real world GP style circuits will appear, as well as some GT originals.
    Ideally, races will be grand prix length (approx 300kms) but may change this to be half length depending on how people feel about it. 50-odd laps of Suzuka does take it out of you, but I'll leave that up in the air for now.

Off the top of my head, a track list may include:
    Spa, Silverstone GP, Suzuka, Trial Mountain, Nurburgring GP, Midfield, Sierra, Fuji GP, Monza, Brands Hatch, Motegi, Daytona Road...

5 rounds should be plenty, but will leave that open as well.
    In the spirit of community involvement and development, please throw your ideas at me so we can make this a really fun series. I'd like to try and get as many people as possible to race every round, so if you're keen but something doesn't tickle your fancy, let me know and we might be able to tweak it.
    I'm not going to set any times or anything yet as that will form part of the development here in the ROOZ community.

So get cracking ROOZers, hit me with your ideas about tracks, settings, weather, dates and times etc.
    Sounds like changeable weather and time progression will be included somewhere...

Register your interest!
    - leeboy910
    - LITTLEBLACKO
    - VARDZ
    - G1bby3lit3
    - Beau_Albert
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Sounds great sign me up
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It is one of the best cars in the game, sounds epic and drives like a dream, really rewards you when you attack... Sierra FTW!
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Absolutely. I was using it last night and it just monsters any track. Engine is so driveable and it's so stable under brakes. A car that anyone of any skill level can really push.
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    in please. An idea for weather is check the real world location and simulate the conditions on race day/night. Most track web sites have a weather link on them. I use this for my HTO series
  6. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Bathurst will be a good track for these cars
  7. G1bby3lit3

G1bby3lit3 Rookie

PSN ID
    G1bby3lit3
    Sign me up, so long that the days and hours can suit a Yr12 student then i can come along. Sounds like a good series.
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yeah sure, ill jump in this :) Track Recommendations, Nurburgring Nordschelife :D Also I think at least one race with changeable weather would be great fun! :)
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    In pending dates and time.