ROCKET L. [Gauging Interest] - Rocket League - Season 2 (2015)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ryzza5, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    G'day chaps. As promised, plans for a second Rocket League tournament are afoot.

[​IMG]

Start date
    Week starting Tuesday December 1, 2015

Suggested time

Wednesday 8:30pm AEST (GMT+11). Times can be altered week to week if all players consent. All results must be delivered to tournament host no later than 1:30pm the following Monday.

Tournament type
    Round robin with finals. Each team will play a round against every other team at least once. Line-ups will be scheduled randomly in advance of the competition. When teams are finalised, each team captain will pick a unique team number (i.e. 1-8, if 8 teams enter) which will determine their scheduled line-ups. In the final week, 1st and 2nd place will face off to determine the overall winner, and any teams with tied points may elect to face-off again to determine outright position.

Teams
    3 players per team. Teammates may play on PC or PS4, must be in the Oceania region, and must not have entered any 32-bracket (or smaller) Professional Rocket League tournaments previously (i.e. which have an entrance fee and award prize money). Backup team-members are permitted - please announce backup players on the forum ASAP. Each team will have a Captain and a Secretary (can be same person).

Rounds
    Each round will consist of 6 matches, and should therefore average just over 1 hour of gameplay. After each match concludes, everyone should save a screenshot of the results (PS4 Share button, F12 key for Steam). The secretary from both the winning and losing teams will PM their screenshots to me on these forums. In case they forget or lose one, they will be able to get a copy from a teammate. So don't all rush to hit that Ready button after a close match! Suggestion: type 'screenshot' in game chat at the end of a match so that everyone remembers.

Vehicles
    Any vehicle in the game as of 8 November 2015 may be used. This includes the most recent addition, the DeLorean. (May change). You may change vehicles from week to week, but not from match to match.

Arenas
    Rounds 1-3: Beckwith Park. Rounds 4-6: Mannfield. Final round(s): DHF Stadium. May change, depending on # of teams.

Mutators
    None - classic Rocket League private matches will be hosted. If after your 6 matches, you wish to continue playing for fun, you may do as you like. Please change to an arena not used in the tournament to avoid any confusion as to whether a game is a tournament or fun match.

Match Interruptions
    If a match starts with a teammate not having joined the session correctly (i.e. joined wrong team), communicate this to the opposing team asap and do not move your vehicles. Moving towards the ball may be seen as acceptance of this glitch, and if a quick goal is scored, it will be harder to convince your opponents to restart. Matches may be restarted if <30 seconds have elapsed, no goals have been scored, or if all players consent. If a player disconnects later within the match, you'll need to continue without them.

Spectators
    Spectators/broadcasters are allowed if all players consent. If that player has been announced as a team substitute in advance on the forums, they are permitted to drop in if a teammate disconnects. They must however stay in the defensive side of the arena.

Quick Chat

Be nice, and don't spam. Spare us the sarcastic 'What a save!' please, especially if you don't frequent spend much time as GK. :)

Scoring
    Scoring will predominantly be based on number of match wins. Some rounds may finish in a 3-3 tie. This is no problem in the grand scheme of things. I will also be keep track of personal player statistics throughout the tournament: Most MVPs, most goals scored, most assists, most saves, etc. During or after finals week, I might try to organise some fun matches by mixing up teams. i.e. the 3 best goal scorers against the 3 best goal keepers.

Final
    For the final round, I'm tempted to allow the top two teams to play 4v4 where 2 players from other teams who have the most MVPs will be drafted as wildcards. If you have thoughts on this let me know.

Need to sort out a team? Use this thread: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...on-2-2015-chat-here-to-find-join-a-team.1987/

List of teams entered
    Team name
    Player 1*# (PSN), Player 2 (PSN), Player 3 (PC)
    * = Team Captain, # = Team secretary

List of available substitutes
    Player 4 (PC)
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Looks like you took my idea and expanded it out heaps!!! Hopefully you have the time commitment to keep this running as it could be a damn heck of run! I'm down, don't have a team or anything though....
    Player 1 - OnTheApex6Albert - PSN for starters if anyone wants to join me :)
    Ryzza5 likes this.
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Count me in :thumbsup:
  4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Cheers Beau. Also took a little inspiration from the MLG Pro league last month.
    I've just created another thread for team creation as it could get a little long-winded.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  5. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Keen to have another go at a RL tournament. @Viperzed you keen as well?
    My PSN is nathancarhead
  6. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Im there!!
  7. Pete

Pete Rookie

I'll give it a shot. Not sure if I will be able make all the rounds in December though
  8. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Well we've got just enough for one round... :)
  9. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    At this point in time it seems the interest levels are insufficient for a tournament (unless you want to play 1v1).

However if you guys like we can turn this into a once-a-month friendly private match between members.
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  10. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
  11. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  13. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Anyone interested in a having a few casual games this Wednesday evening?