GT6 [Gauging Interest] ROOZ SUPER CHALLENGE - BATHURST

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by BMWF30328, Jan 1, 2016.

1. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hi all,
    Got my brain thinking about a new idea for an event. Below is what I came up with and am keen to see if anyone would be interested in doing this event. If you have any questions, fire a thread post back at me - or reply to register your interest.

GT6 ROOZ Bathurst Super Challenge - DATE TO BE CONFIRMED (concept and format can be adopted for any track though).

2 Different cars - 2 rounds (both rounds on same night):-
    * 1 nominated and entered favourite road car to 540 pp by each entrant (full car regs below).
    * 1 selected road car (selected by a panel of 1 - me..lol).

2 hour allocated event duration (NOT A 2 HOUR RACE).

Selected car for Round 1 is standard tuned as per GT6 Sunday night series rules.
    Nominated favourite road car for Round 2 can be tuned and duplicate cars can be nominated (I.e 2 or more entrants can nominate and enter with R35 GTR Road Ca for example).
    NO NOS permitted.
    ****No concepts, prototypes or LIMITED EDITIONS are allowed.***

Round 1

All cars exit pits, do a citing lap and STOP before START/FINISH line. Then each car will take off (in a pre-determined order) in 15 second gaps and complete a 3 lap timed "session".
    After completing the 3 timed laps, all cars continue around track and come to stop before pit entry (on Conrod straight) and await confirmation of all times.. The slowest 2 cars are eliminated (slowest overall time to complete 3 timed laps). Slowest cars for each "session" exit track to PIT LANE to watch the remaing "elimination sessions". This process is repeated until we have 2 remaining entrants.
    Then there is a ROUND FINAL - head to head race for the two remaining racers over 3 laps.

Round 2

Each entrant changes in to their favourite road car
    Car regs - (540 PP max)
    Tyres - Street Softs
    Wear setting - NORMAL
    Weather - 30% chance of rain.
    Time progression - 1:1
    Race start time : 10:00 am
    Pit Stops - 1 mandatory Pit stop (can refresh tyres but not mandatory).

Format - Reverse grid format (from rd 1 results).
    All cars grid up for a 20 lap race. The handicap is that each car takes off with a handicap equal to their time deficit plus 10 seconds.
    As an example - 10 cars participate in Round 1 :-

Car 10 finishes Rd 1 taking 7 mins 30 secs and car 9 finishes in 7 mins 25 seconds respectively.
    Car 8 finishes taking 7 mins 20 seconds and car 7 finishes 7 mins and 15 seconds respectively.
    Car 6 finishes taking 7 mins 12 seconds and car 5 finishes 7 mins and 10 seconds respectively.
    Car 4 finishes taking 7 mins 8 seconds and car 3 finishes 7 mins and 05 seconds respectively.
    Car 2 finishes taking 7 mins 02 seconds and car 1 finishes 7 mins and 00 seconds respectively.

So car 10 starts at flag drop.
    Car 9 then starts 15 secs later (5 secs adv. + 10 secs)
    Car 8 then starts 15 secs later (5 secs adv. + 10 secs) - 30 secs behind car 10
    Car 7 then starts 15 secs later (5 secs adv.+ 10 secs) - 45 secs behind car 10
    Car 6 then starts 15 secs later (5 secs adv. + 10 secs) - 58 secs behind car 10
    Car 5 then starts 15 secs later (5 secs adv. + 10 secs) - 1 min behind car 10
    Car 4 then starts 15 secs later (5 secs adv. + 10 secs) - 1min 12 secs behind car 10
    Car 3 then starts 15 secs later (5 secs adv. + 10 secs) - 1 mim 25 secs behind car 10
    Car 2 then starts 15 secs later (5 secs adv. + 10 secs) - 1 min 38 secs behind car 10
    Car 1 then starts 15 secs later (5 secs adv. + 10 secs) - 1 min 50 secs behind car 10

At race start, when flag drops, cars 8-1 move to inside of track and line up front to rear at start finish ready for their nominated race time start (as per the above example). This will ensure that early start entrants do not collide with cars awaiting their timed start on PIT STRAIGHT.

Points system will be same as GT6 Sunday night points system.
    Obviously a room can host a maximum of 16 entrants but if we get a higher number of registrations, we will look to run multiple rooms - and then run a " ROOZ SUPER CHALLENGE FINAL" over 10 laps with highest 16 finishing entrants (with same handicaps used from respective Round 1 results). This FINAL will most likely happen on another night unless all entrants are happy to stay online and run this extra feature race immediately after the completion of round 2.

Hope this event is of interest to all so we can actually make it happen soon.

CHEERS...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'd be up for it :)
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Always good to see new ideas.

So a few things...
    How do you plan on getting the total time for each driver for the 3 laps?
    What does 30% chance of rain mean for the settings? You can set changeability but it isn't a percentage...
    Also when you pit, tires have to be changed...it won't let you not change them.
    If the handicap is the round 1 result (plus 10secs), what happens if car 2 made a slower total time in the final than car 10 did when it was eliminated?

A little bit complicated, but if you are running things on the night and have the mic to give instructions (which you do) then it should be good fun!
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    My brain hurt reading all that...but it sounds like fun!

My only advice is that you might want to adhere to the KISS principle, that way things are less likely to go wrong. :) And I hope you are not only picking Bimmers. :p
  5. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Yep absolutely essential that mic based guidance/ instruction occurs through the event...and everyone has to be patient and restrained during these instructional intermissions...so Bob and Jonno might struggle between (and a few others) - given their love of hooning in between actual racing...lol
    Glad a few people think this concept has some merit...and sorry Bryan...if I had done the content on PC and used excel to layout the handicapping, it might have seemed less complicated...but away down the coast at my parents place so did not want to drag out the laptop.. I think a lot of the complication also comes from having to work around the limitations of the game settings (timing and visibility of timing) but I think we can make it work if enough people are interested. We have a little time to get it right...I am guessing this event is probably going to be an end of Season 8 filler event given throwback will run close to start of season 8 and I think having another mid-week event - on top of TITTS (best acronym I have seen...lol) and NASCAR - might be too much of a time commitment for most people.

Really grateful you ran a close eye over this for me HAT..keep up the same for my answers to the good questions you already asked please.
    Cheers
    Sean
  6. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Oops...half of my responses did not load.....?????
  7. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

No it's ok...they are there if you expand the yellow/orange box of HAT's comments...I am still learning how this site ticks...sorry...
  8. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Ha ha Mate. Well if I told you I got KAZUNORI to build/code up an update which included an E30 M3 just for this event, would that change your thinking???? Lol. I am actually thinking about a BMW for the selected car...but also have a Mazda, Mercedes, Chevrolet, Lamborghini and a few others on the list. The key is trying to pick a car that nobody would be really familiar with - including me. So the idea would be to announce the car 3-5 days before the event at the earliest. Might even announce 2 cars are likely and then pick an entrant to choose the car on the night.......anything is possible. I am also mindful of picking a road car that can't do Bathurst in less than 2:45 as I want to minimise overlap for the initial ROUND 1 elimination sessions. Have to balance this with a few things (actual driver fun, eliminated entrants sitting around for subsequent elimination sessions), so the car and format might have to change slightly to address these considerations.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you could pick a car from the recommended list...then no one has to buy it and no one (except you) knows what it is until the night
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    No worries...here is some more feedback

If you are running things, you could steward also. Sit in the timing screen and note down the 3 laps that each driver does. You would have to do this live however since there is no replay of practice.
    Weather changeability will probably need to be 3-5
    Also there is no keep current settings
    It is still possible for someone who was eliminated early to have a better round than someone who wins the first round. Lets say you have the best time of the night when there are still 10 cars left and then get eliminated in the next round...your 'best' time would put you at the back of the pack for round 2 despite getting low points in round 1.
    I would just run reverse grid...and if you really want to stagger start the field just use the 10 secs you want (but even that may be too much)
  11. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hi,

Ok - so I thought I stated that your best time in the elimination rounds was what governed your handicap for ROUND 2 - but I get what you are saying in that you could be eliminated earlier than your best elimination time might suggest (and my example is misleading as an example on that basis). But the elimination is part of the challenge as each round you have to achieve a better time than those still in that elimination session. The same could apply to every entrant in every subsequent elimination round which is why I thought the best elimination time was the best way of doing the handicapping for ROUND 2.

The weather settings sound good. I am mindful of our Bathurst Enduro scenario where we got 100% wet for 70% of the race.
    The timing thing screen would work too, so will run with that.

Re the handicap, again based on the handicapping used for ROC at Bathurst, I am mindful that, over 20 laps, a 10 sec handicap per car is enough and will give a good final few laps. I think from ROC, the early starters got caught by about lap 5-6 and were then left behind. On a 20 lap race, 14-15 laps making up the numbers is something I am hoping to avoid.
  12. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Hell yeah sounds fun, im in
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sounds complicated but sure, I'll give it a go depending on when it is.
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'm interested but like emmo, only if its at a convenient date.