G'day from WA

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Scotty-DPG, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Scotty-DPG

Scotty-DPG Scott

Hi all,

Just a little hello to you and some info about me. Been racing online for many years on and off, mainly with rFactor, but looking to get into the iRacing side of things more so. In rFactor i like to race the sedan/GT type cars/series and don't do much in the way of open wheeler stuff. I do enjoy doing skins although have only done 1-2 on iRacing which others have used. Prob will do some more as i enjoy it.

Anyways hope to get on track soon and have fun with iRacing and some of you.

See you on the black stuff

Scotty-DPG
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Cool, good to see. Theres quite an active iracing community here, check out the iracing section. Ive sorta retired from iR ATM and only do the GT5 series now. Some good racers on here check em out.
    /Cheers.
  3. mitchellsemiao

mitchellsemiao New Recruit

Welcome mate!
  4. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    hey Scotty

Welcome to our world of smokin' tyres.

It's always good to see a new face.

all the boys here are really tops mate, if you need a hand with something here just shout out some1 will help ya.

How did you find out about ROOZ?

Aus.
  5. Scotty-DPG

Scotty-DPG Scott

Thanks for the welcome guys,

I found about you guys by googling iracing skins 'images"

LOL
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Well, however you found out about us, welcome:)

Now tell your mates about us :D
  7. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Iracing skins hey Cool.

the boys here have some pretty top skins. Bonus is always doing something to his.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hi Scotty, add ya iracing name to the list in this post and I'll look out for ya on track. http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1060

We got a pretty good Rooz skin a member did for us and i just change little bits here and there to keep it fresh. Neishy and myself mainly in the V8 but doing some oval and just got a couple more cars i want to get into in the near future.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Scotty welcome. Good stuff mate I think you'll find most of us here more interested in the sedans/GT's than open wheelers but will give most anything a red-hot go.
    Played a bit of rF and rF2 myself and so have a couple of other guys. Glad our iRacing skins drew you into the forum! Good to have another painter on board, looking forward to seeing you work ;)

Good to have another WA'er on board, especially with the increased DLS time difference.

Cheers.
  10. Scotty-DPG

Scotty-DPG Scott

wow the iracing templates are not very user friendly are they, no grids, laid out poorly etc.

hrrrrm, thought would have been better than the rFactor ones, unless i have the wrong ones.

Are there official ones to DL somewhere.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    There are official ones... under resources on the iracing user site perhaps?

Otherwise there are templates on tradings paints that are also official.

There is a layer called 'wire frame' that you can turn on. It's a contour map/grid. I use that for layout alignment.
    But yes generally the templates are pretty hard to work with... alot of trial and error to get it finished!