Gday from WA

Discussion in 'New Members' started by AJ.Scott, Dec 2, 2013.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hi all, heard some great things about raceonOZ from a mate, thnx Colin.

Looking forward to some tyre smoking & panel rubbing in the near future.
    Anyone else hear from Perth?

Cheers!!
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Hi AJ. you heard right. great bunch of guys to race wih/against. Last season of gt5 has just wrapped up. there are a few events in the pipeline still, but most are hanging out for the release of GT6. Welcome mate.
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Thanks for the welcome t_b,
    mate I'm more of a PC Simracer, got almost every PC Sim/Arcade racing title ever released, bugger, I'm showing my age now, lol. My young bloke has a PS3 and I could always bribe him for it and plug the old illogitech G25 in, would need to get a copy of GT6 when it's out, but that wouldn't be to hard, it's gonna be PS3 compatible I hope?
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi AJ, welcome aboard !

Most of us here are GT5 and (in 2 days) GT6 ers !! http://raceonoz.com/forums/gt5-league.13/
    Yes GT6 is for the PS3 !

We do have an iracing group that do a bit here and there http://raceonoz.com/forums/ir-league.12/

There are some guys that do a little bit on the other Sims, i suppose its a case of naming your poison so the guys know what it is you are looking for.

If you are keen on trying a bit of GT5 action, our last big series starts this Sunday and you are more than welcome to join. Its a lot of fun, with a few changes from the regular settings we use for our standard series. http://raceonoz.com/threads/nascar-series-3.761/

Anything you want to know mate, just fire it at us, and we will see if we can help get you on the black stuff !

Cheers
    Stu
  5. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    ha AJ i see you finaly made it
    great bunch of guys
    once you are here you will never leave
    all the guys here will help you and go out of their way to do that
    as i said on the playstation network i am colin-50_
    if its IRACING you want there is a heap of guys to help just shout in the shout box someone will come to your aid
    if its playstation gt5 you want Stu is your man
    good luck mate and welcome see you on the black stuff whether it be IRACING or GT5 orGT6
    and by the way sorry about my mobile cutting out last night but i lost connection
  6. DarkAce

DarkAce Geoff Vincent

PSN ID
    darkace_123
    hi AJ, I haven't been here long myself but they are a great bunch of guys to race with. I spend most of my time at the rear of the field but it has been a fun challenge. I believe I have gotten better over time. Looks like you are an old hand at this so you will slot right in. Go hard.:)
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  8. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks KoASTR for helping my mate i told him you guys will look after
    and by the the way i am coming back to IRACING
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys :cool:
    Thanks for the links KoAStR much appreciated, might have to catch up in person one day soon mate.
    I'm looking forward to some fun racing with you all in the future.
    Just so you can all get a bit of a picture who I am, my name is Andy so either that or AJ will do, I get called other names too but I usually ignore them ROFL, I'm past 50 & Ive been into simracing since 98, had a illogitech formula black wheel and GP2 as my intro to the sport, since then Ive been a total addict, I've been into motorsport in general since I was 10, Claremont Speedway was my 2nd home as a teen, but road racing is where I found my true love for the sport.
    I currently have every PC title available but I'm only actually racing Race07/Evo, GSC12 & 13 & rFactor 1&2. The title that has me exited is Assetto Corsa, talk about sublime, this will be the Ducks Nuts of next Gen PC Sims for quite some time IMO. So if ya have one of the games Ive mentioned maybe some of us could get together for some panel rubbing fender bending fun ;)
    As far as GT6 goes, I had a yarn with my young bloke and the PS3 is available when I need to use it, glad I kept the old G25, so a copy of GT6 will materialize soon, I'll need to bribe the finance dept for that one, but that wont be hard, like some of the other guys here my missus collects dolls :eek: :rolleyes: Monster High Dolls to be exact, 3xdolls = 1xGT6 glad its Xmas, Lol.
    I'm in the process of doing an iRacing sub seeing as it's half price for new members ATM, been looking at iRacing for some time but don't really agree with their pricing structures, or the fact that you don't OWN the content, but I'll give it a go. So looking forward to some fun races with that too.

Cheers
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    KoAStR likes this.
  10. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    good on ya mate yuo tellem love
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds good AJ,

We are looking at starting our GT6 season 1 league in the new year, probably early Feb so it gives you a bit of time. If you wanted to do a bit of nascar you might be able to source a really cheap version of GT5 ?

Anyway, will keep you in the loop...

Cheers
    Stu
  12. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Saw GT5 at JB for $19 :)
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi AJ,

how everything going? Getting that racing fix yet ?