IRACING Giving Up

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JamieFookes88, Jun 6, 2013.

1. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    I have had enough of iRacing's slow speed spin glitch. Therefore, I have decided to give it up.
    They really need to sort it all out.
    At this time, it is just a waste of time and money.
    I would not recommend it to anyone at this time. I hope it gets better.
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

You Def got somthing wrong with your set up lately Jamie, don't think its the game. I had trouble with the slow spin a while back but it seems to be gone now just through getting my field of view and steering feed back tuned and a good race setup. Not to sure the fixed setups is the way to go with the V8 and if you are even having trouble with the McLaren its got to be something wrong with set up (car and game settings)
    You went so well at the Island and nothing since, there are still some corners on certain track that make for an easy spin but usually only one or 2 and you just drive careful on those and tune your car for the rest of the track.

I spent the last few day on the PS3 in Grid and couldn't get over how poor it looked and how kidstoyish it felt, if you want to play games its fine but if you keen to race Iracing is the only sim i would recommend.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's a bummer mate, especially after you were getting some good pace and results. Hope you reconsider :)
  4. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    whats going on with iracinf with heaps of lag and things stuffing up
  5. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    I'll just point this out here so everyone knows more of the reasons why.
    Using the same setup and driving style. Before an update, no spins, after an update (any update) and the car spins like crazy.
    I'll do a reinstall (again, for what seems like the 20th time since joining iRacing). Shouldn't have to but it's the updates that really cause the problem.
  6. elroy71

elroy71 Leigh Higgins

I hope you reconsider too Jamie. Phillip Island is the track i have the most problems with the slow speed spin out of Honda corner and you smoked everyone that week.
    Bones is right, i have accepted the 0.1 second hit in lap times driving like a nanna on the corners that the glitch happens on and concentrate on the rest of the lap. And im the slowest driver in the team.