Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Yessir, Div 3 should have room to take you. Reserves are always welcome.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you must be Easy Picking(s) then ?
    incey, Ozglenn and Easyprey007 like this.
  3. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Easy Pickings Easy Prey
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    another twist, an old battle revived?
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  5. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Round 2 Results
    Quali
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Dash_Vanguard

Dash_Vanguard Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    Well done everyone, that was such a great race. Congrats to the guys on the podium. I can't believe how close 1 and 2 were. I was dreading this race and thought it would be a nightmare but it was lots of fun. Thanks everyone for the race.
    webnomad, RBRHoges97, incey and 2 others like this.
  7. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
  8. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I Re Dressed For @incey On the Line as I hit him on the last corner.
  9. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    We battled the whole Race swapping for the lead. I wanted so bad to beat Him. OH Well
    I threw it away on the last corner under pressure. In Hine sight should have gone for the slipstream to the line.
    Last edited: May 21, 2023
  10. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Congrats to the podium and to the guys for hosting & party chat.
    Was a crap race for me. Wasn't able to put together a clean lap all night, possibly my last lap was the cleanest. Very frustrating.

Wont be in for next race as I'm out of town so I'll see you all on the next one
    RBRHoges97 and ControllaGod like this.
  11. ControllaGod

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    I didn't put in enough practice and unsurprisingly had a horrible race - super messy. I'm hoping this becomes my drop round. Congrats to the podium, especially @incey and @Easyprey007 - Wow, you two couldn't be separated all night.
    Had a bit of a 'battle' towards the end with @arnold watson. It was laughable how much the two of us were struggling, every few corners one of us would make a mistake and swap positions. Fun racing with you, Arnold.
    I didn't really enjoy the track too much, but the day/night cycle was awesome. Night time is scary at first, and seeing the sun eventually come back was glorious. I spent a bit of time today trying to get some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Those shots are phenomenal!!
    incey and ControllaGod like this.
  13. RBRHoges97

RBRHoges97 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RBRHoges97
    Firstly congrats to the podium - @incey, @Easyprey007 and @webnomad, well done and how close was 1st & 2nd!
    Had a pretty ordinary quali and made too many mistakes resulting a P10 for the race.
    Racing was a lot of fun and I appeared to make considerable ground when there was a "coming together/parting of the seas" for some, forget the lap but will look at the replay.
    The day/night around this track certainly tests the eye sight and had fun or is it challenges following @Dash_Vanguard who unfortunately or thankfully happen to make a mistake to allow me to pass on by, cheers mate :)..
    Pit stop was good or so I thought as made time on Dash on exiting, however then noticed the flying @webnomad whizz on passed to turn 1. I managed to catch up to Web and had some great racing with a few mistakes between the two of us, with the worst of all being me attempting a pass but only to loose the back end and spin out of control to then have a 14sec gap to Web, which ended up being more at the end, was fun racing. However, my concerns then turned to the fast approaching Dash as I was trying to recover and keep momentum, thank fully I had "skillfully" obtained and maintained enough of a gap to survive and keep the 4th place.
    Once again, great racing and thanks to @ControllaGod for hosting and of course to a great bunch of guys to race with. See you next week. Cheers Hoges.
    Last edited: May 22, 2023
    incey, Beats143, webnomad and 2 others like this.
  14. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    congrats to @incey and @Easyprey007 ...what a battle !
    @RBRHoges97 ...i think ours was a skirmish compared to that ...but lots of fun nevertheless...especially when the track got slippery in early morning ...this track keeps on giving.
    i had a really fun race ...managed to get on second row at start and was running well when the debarcle happened and I became collateral damage and went fron 2nd to 12th and dead last ...red mist decented onto green hell for me :) ...it was ON ..and that journey back to 3rd and fastest lap made it for me ... each battle was fun ...but the breakthrough was the early pitstop as i gained 4 or 5 places on the undercut on 3rd lap ... then it was matter of holding on...to the end ...
    Mirkz2010, incey and Easyprey007 like this.
  15. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 3: 28/05 - Watkins Glen Long Course - 24 Laps - Custom Weather - Sunrise - 10x

[​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 5 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:15 pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at Turns 1, 5, 8, 10 as well as the chicane.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you are to stay hard right on apex of thr final corner to enter pit lane, in the event of an incident, precedence will be given to the car in pit entry. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are to stay drivers right if they are rejoining in traffic and may rejoin the racing line at the next corner.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Watkins Glen Long Course

Watkins Glen is a North American icon, featuring some challenging corners and ideal passing opportunities. Drivers are reminded for this round that the kerbs are free real estate however pushing your car all 4 wheels over the kerbs will result in a penalty.

This is the first circuit we travel to this season that cannot be rain affected, so enjoy the grip!
  16. Dash_Vanguard

Dash_Vanguard Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    That was another awesome race. This a a really great group. I didn't do my homework so just made up a tyre strategy a few mins before the race. I had no idea how many stops others were doing because the VR doesn't give you that info, that made things pretty exciting. Congrats everyone on the clean racing.
  17. Tk31

Tk31 Rookie

PSN ID
    lbp26c
    Pretty proud of the effort today! Been practicing where i could on worn out softs to get used to no grip situations and the kinds of times i'll be getting. Sadly that also meant i hadn't thought too much into the tyre strategy and did 3 pitstops and ran softs all night, which hurt the most when i couldnt run as fast as I spent most of the race on softs below 50% wear trying not to pit as often. Early pits meant i finished the race on 0% fuel.

@arnold watson and @fezza had blocking skills that surpassed my passing skills and had a good duel with @fezza

[​IMG]
    Some good photo ops too!
    RBRHoges97, incey, fezza and 5 others like this.
  18. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Congrats to podium ...totally out of reach tonight...

I like this track, I like the technicality and how it makes you manage the car... I just am not very fast on it...and that meant second last qualification. No speed...so my only hope was strategy and consistency....and maybe some luck :)

I went with mediums all the way and it sort of worked as with 1 stop i was able to gain spots to 4th...and it with tough competition I am happy with that. Good racing from everyone :)
    Last edited: May 28, 2023
  19. ControllaGod

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Round 3 Results
    Quali
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    For some reason, the post race results screen that I normally use had Fezza with no time and in last place. Fezza finished just behind LBP and Jim parked up on lap 21 I think, so this results screen is the only one that's correct.
    Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thank you. I'll work it all out :)
    ControllaGod likes this.