Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Andrew Le, May 28, 2018.

1. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

Hi guys,
    My name is Andrew, interested in joining a championship. Not real fussed with what category but tintops/GT is preferred although open wheeler is also fine.
    Just some info about me, Been simracing for approximately 7 years now, Alot of it was over at iRacing, 376 starts with 136 wins. Was driving for ANZ Motorsports. Biggest highlight would be the fact i was teammates with Shane Van Gisbergen and Scott McGlaughin. Another one would be probably be winning a 6hr Enduro over at ORA. So i've had a 3 year break since then and recently gotten back into it but wanna keep it abit more casual. Whereas i found things got abit too serious and it almost became a job or chore to do a race. So at the moment im mainly on Assetto corsa messing around on public servers, hit and miss but i need something more local and something abit more rewarding. So i saw you guys had a V8 server up and thats how i ended up here. Anyway looking forward to rubbing doors soon.
    marty, c4rLo5, Spidey_11 and 4 others like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Andrew welcome. Great bio there. Couldn't agree more about keeping it casual these days. ;)

The v8 is being run for the Monday night season which is about half way through. Grid spots are tight, but reserves usually get a run with fluctuations in numbers week to week. Otherwise Thursday night is 'official practice' with a solid turn out if you haven't had a good race fix some other time during the week.
    Andrew Le likes this.
  3. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

Hey mate, thanks for the info. I'm sweet to race any night is theres anything else on. Otherwise where would i need to go to sign up for this reserve list. Ill definitely make an appearance on Thurs anyway and cut some laps.
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    hectic experience there bro :)...SVG is the man :)....u only on pc because ps4 has some great races in pcars2 thats kept pretty casual...well we all try to win but if someone make s a mistake they dont get jumped on...welcome and have fun champ
    Andrew Le likes this.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-15-taxis-in-flannelettes.3203/

@Anon666 @Rolz @marty will sort you out with a spot.

Join the guys for a chat too. Details of how to get onto Discord voip channel are here. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pc-rooz-voip-discord.173/
    Andrew Le and Rolz like this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

welcome aboard! :):thumbsup:
    also name and GUID here
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...username-guid-join-the-rooz-steam-group.1370/
    next race we should have enough for you to join in... there is almost always someone on racing week nigths (doing setups etc)
    Andrew Le likes this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The remaining rounds of the season we have larger grid limits so there is still room for a few more and even when grids have been tight everyone that wanted to race has been able to get a start on the night.
    Andrew Le likes this.
  8. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

Haha cheers mate. SVG is one helluva simracer too. You'll find him sim racing the day after athurst 1000 i kid you not. and yeah pc for me. Im a VR only simracer now. Cant return to triple screens just cant.
  9. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

thanks will do. appreciate the guidance.

thanks will get onto it now and yeah hopefully i make this as painless as i can for everyone.
  10. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    currently in the middle of selling and buyng a new house....the computer and VR comes with the change....to date i have only done an hour or so on gt sport on ps4 vr and that was pretty cool...cant wait :)

ohh and what does shane and the v8 boys sim race on
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
  11. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

SVG has a hyperstimulator last time. He's mainly over at iracing and rbr. But still on triple screens. They reckon VR is not as fast. Not at first anyway. Its becomes faster and more consistent for me anyway.
  12. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I’ve improved since going VR :)
    c4rLo5 and Andrew Le like this.