Cockpit GT Art Racing Wheel Stand

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by beakeroo, Sep 7, 2015.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    The wheel stand I ordered arrived today, I thought I'd post a few pics of it along with some impressions of it so far for anyone else who is interested in a setup but doesn't want to make a full on cockpit or is restricted by a lack of space or a wife :p
    [​IMG]
    OK, to start with it was easy to build, it only took around 20 minutes or so.
    It's solid, much more so than the small table I was using previously though it isn't completely rigid, this is probably due to it being adjustable in not only height but also the uprights angle. Even so, it is very stable and I have no complaints regarding this at all. The pedals and wheelbase can also have their angles adjusted.
    [​IMG]
    Wheel, shifter and pedals mounts have predrilled holes that suit Logitech G25, 27 and 29 and also Thrustmaster 80, 300RS and 500RS.
    The wheelstand can also be easily folded up to allow for easy storage.
    Also included were several velcro wire tidys to keep everything neat and tidy. I actually used some black cloth tape and wrapped the cables in that before tying them to the inside edge of the frame and also used a couple of heavy duty zip ties to attach the G29's power brick to the underside of the pedalmount to make it extremely portable.
    [​IMG]
    This cost me $169 from a Sydney based seller on eBay.
    Overall it was good VFM for a solid stand that will tide me over until I get around to making a cockpit down in the shed.
    [​IMG]
    (When I get around to it I will simply attach a frame and seat to this and weld a couple of uprights for extra support)
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Peuty, WAC and Peter Wise like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Beaker looks like that is a link to the album which is why it isn't working.
    Right click the image, select "copy image URL" then paste that into the insert image forum option ;)

Looks good mate :)
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96, Clevohead and beakeroo like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Alternatively click the thumbnails to the right in imgur then copy paste the link from the address bar
    beakeroo likes this.
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Cheers mate.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    5 months later and this stand is looking a bit different lol. Finally welded the uprights on last night. It's now kinda unrecognizable from the original product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sam D Blacklock, incey and garyw61 like this.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    looks like you have your very own corner of the house as well eh!
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah that's actually the same spot the first pics were taken in. I just built a wall there and turned it into a small man cave. Problem is the split system in there was built for a room three times the size so even on room temperature settings it freezes me.
  8. bwatt99

bwatt99 New Recruit

Got this last year not been able to take out of box until now as dad once again but looking through instructions im finding it looks a little different to what i have with some parts and there is heaps of stuff left over have taken some pics and as instructions are not the best dont want to damage it but thinking an item is for somewhere else.
    I thought i ask here as there seems to be a few owners
  9. bwatt99

bwatt99 New Recruit

By the way im taking about the gtart steering wheel stand.
  10. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    I've got one. What's the question?