GT Sport Season 11 Division 3 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Finished off the season with my best race and result. I had some great battles coming through from last on the grid to 7th. Very happy with that. Sorry to @Anthro585 for the squeeze into the wall.
    kiwinado, Apex_64, Xtr3meNZer and 4 others like this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Very happy with Q3 and P3 for the race. Had an epic last lap where it could have been anyone's win, but Monstar-1 pulled it off in the end with a brilliant move on Max. Congratulations on the championship mate!
    kiwinado, Max Gassit, Apex_64 and 6 others like this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Here's the move on the final lap. Very close.
    [​IMG]
  4. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Now that is a final lap pic. Well done to you three
  5. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Bit bummed to have missed out on a win last night, but I don't think I would've had the pace to do it anyway. After the incident with CAGME and Ursine I dropped about 6 seconds, but I couldn't bridge the gap - instead losing another 4 seconds. It obviously wasn't my day to win. However, second in the championship overall is a big positive heading into next season. I'll just need to work that little bit harder if I'm going to win a championship - and change my practice schedule. Anyhow, well done to everyone for providing some great racing and putting up with the false starts.
  6. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Congrats Monstar and everyone in the Div. Big shout out to the guys that put a fantastic effort in for our racing pleasure. Very enjoyable to be a part of the ROOZ crew...!!!
  7. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

I had zero confidence going into last night but managed to get a good tow off CAGME to take pole. Plan was to secure Fubble and CAGME positions in the championship.

Managed a medium pace in 1st stint to keep the field nice and tight and keep Vic behind as we knew if he got through he would drive off to victory lane and threatened Fubbles and CAGME final positions. But Vic had a spin About lap 5 and that was pretty much him done for the night.

Some nice racing with Ursine from then on for P1 as he jumped me in the 1st pit stop. But the real battle was the last stint with Max and Ursine. Max coming out of the pits in P1!! He had just stayed quite saving fuel at the back of the leading pack being a slip stream leech (clever) and Ursine putting a lap earlier that Max and myself to take P2 heading into the home stretch. I wasn’t really impressed with how I had controlled the race but found myself sitting P3 with 9 laps remaining.

So now the fight begins! I thought I’m not going to let these guys just steal this victory without a fight so started to apply pressure. Ursine drove beautifully as he was getting a tow from Max which made it hard for me to get right up behind down the main straight which Caused me to out brake myself into turn 1 for a few laps. 2laps to go and I was right on Ursine ass coming out of turn 2 and got to the inside. He was getting a tow from Max but a braked late and Ursine gave me just enough room to squeeze by but I had to take some grass, I think we just touched with my rear to his from but didn’t seem to unsettle either of us.

One down, one to go! Now I had 1.5 laps to hunt Max. I had wanted a battle with Max all season and now I had my wish! I got slip coming into turn one with Ursine close behind. I gave his ass a little tap to say hi but didn’t unsettle him and and was all over him like drunken school girl through turn 3 Coming down the straight toward turn 4 Max left a bit of room on the inside with me getting a nice tow, I sold him some tasty candy on the outside with he took and u swept back to the inside giving me track position coming into turn 4. I squeezed by (just) to be side by side and left him just enough on the outside. Together we raced through T5 and I left him a cars width down the short straight to T6 where he rubbed me a few times to push me over to give himself more room. He went in late and I did the switch back again :)):):):) this story is taking forever to write) leaving me the inside into T7. Max went in deep again but I now had him clearly behind. All this time Ursine was right behind probably licking his lips thinking he was going to steel the win. Max gave me a little bump into the last hairpin causing me to almost run off the road but he backed off to not attempt a pass. I knew something like that was coming just glad I didn’t go off on the grass and then I dove off to take the win.

Best race I’ve had so far in Rooz and glad it was with Max and Ursine who race hard and fair and make you earn it.

Thanks to Fubbles and Emmo for hosting the rooms and finding a solution so everyone could race. We had a few hiccups at the start of the season but they sorted it all out.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  8. kiwinado

kiwinado Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    kiwinado
    Well done Monstar on great race and season! I am very fortunate to have found this group, I thoroughly enjoyed my first ever season and will be looking to do many more. I have learnt a lot but still got lots to go (not making silly mistakes)

I had a pretty eventful race - so decided to make a highlight of it :)

9. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Epic race report Monstar... and a great race to finish off a good season. What a sneaky little leech I can be.... DAMN, I tried hard to get the win but not quite... A fitting result.
    Buster_Danis, Matthyus and MONSTAR like this.
  10. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Thanks mate, Good result after that spin Kiwinado. An eventful race indeed and some nice overtakes!
    Matthyus likes this.
  11. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Epic about sums it up. :thumbsup:
    Buster_Danis, Matthyus and MONSTAR like this.
  12. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Yes it was an epic race to end the season, I knew from replays that you are a master on saving fuel and tyres but was really surprised that you found yourself in the lead. You drive great coming for mid pack
    Matthyus likes this.
  13. Anthro585

Anthro585 New Recruit

PSN ID
    anthro585

No worries mate. It happens. I understand its all part of it, and I am sure I am sometimes going to do it to someone else.

congrats to @MONSTAR well done !
    Thanks guys for having me in this season. Its been fun.
    Ive tried to focus on just being consistent and clean. The last thing I wanted to do is join this group and start ramming people off the road so my priority has been to be as considerate as I can - I hope that has been the case ;)
    Hopefully with a new season and new car I can start being more competitive.
  14. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Well done Monstar, good drive and race and well done to all.
    Thinking back I maybe should have been a little more aggressive trying to pass as I believe had I got in front I would have pulled away but shoulda, woulda coulda hahaha I just didn’t want to cause an accident so I kept pulling out At the last second and it comprised my lap pace for the guys behind to make a pass and that was all it took for me spin out cause I was trying to defend and push at the same time. Then I also tried to change strategies to a 3 stopper and push all the way but got caught in traffic and that was all she wrote for me as I spun again trying to dodge buster as he spun lol

also like to apologize to anthro as we had a touch on the first corner. Not sure who’s fault it was as I was on the inside in someone’s draft. I’m sorry if I was in the wrong, I also tried waiting but you took a while so I just went on. All in all it was a disaster race for me.

thanks to all hosts. See yous next season.
    Matthyus, MONSTAR and Buster_Danis like this.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    cool edit, nice tunes too
  16. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Yeah sorry about that Vik! You came up on me fast & my pressure valve popped!:notworthy:;)
  17. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Hahaha all good. My fault. I always get too close leaving myself no room to dodge as I was too eager to try and pass too see if my change of pit strategy would catch the leaders. Failed hard haha
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    The final two laps. Worth a watch!
    gtkingx, Matthyus, kiwinado and 4 others like this.
  19. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I was looking more at the leaderboard than the road in those last few laps!
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Good job at that left hander after the Senna S @MONSTAR to get those overtakes done without drifting wide and pushing the other guys wheels onto the slippery stuff. Nice room left :thumbsup: