GT Sport Season 11 Division 5 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 6, 2020.

1. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    I'd hardly managed to get into the 1:45s during my small practice sessions, so I was amazed when I set a 45.5 pole lap. Definitely didn't expect to have that kind of pace. After I got away on the first lap I got into a bit of a rhythm which help the 90 minute race not seem so long. I actually don't think I've ever done a race that went for more than an hour. Very stoked to get my first podium, let alone first win.

Pretty impressed with @FlaccidFox in their first ROOZ session. 15th to 2nd is an awesome race. I'll see you all at Bathurst.
  2. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    You were in total.control - congrats :)
  3. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I had an awesome race...despite having a couple of early spins, then thanking the ghosting gods as i headed straight back out to the track...

4. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Nice mate!
    Well done
  5. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Jimmygrimble69 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  7. Jimmygrimble69

Jimmygrimble69 New Recruit

8. Jimmygrimble69

Jimmygrimble69 New Recruit

Thanks guys
    Xtr3meNZer and Easyprey007 like this.
  9. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    It was a awesome race - my best yet. Q6 which I was shocked and stoked about and well finished 6th I think it was as well so happy with that. Only spun once. Must be doing something right!!!

Well that is me for the season - it has been fun - back to Pcars.

Appreciate the opportunity to be apart of the other side!

See you trackside soon.

Cheers
    Robert.
  10. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Hi, just wondering if there are any div5 spots left for Sunday's race?
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    At this point I am not sure..
    @john (hatvegas) and @JohnnyRodger have not been heard from since round 1 and I doubt they'll show up this weekend but by default @Bj88 & @FlaccidFox get their spots. No one else has said they are not racing. You can still join the lobby but you would need to vacate if a full time driver can't get in due to the full lobby. And if someone no shows then you will get to race.
    ControllaGod, FlaccidFox and Peersy like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If there isn't space in div 5 for @Peersy , @FlaccidFox has said he can race in div 4 if they have space
    Tristan Jones and ControllaGod like this.
  13. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    It's been done to death, but I don't stop loving this less, but there are a few new racers that might not have seen this one
  14. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thank you @Tristan Jones
    Needed that :)
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  15. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Lol, the video contains content from Cricket Australia that has blocked it from my region - booo
  16. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Just google/ youtube search mark larkham Bathurst, might work
  17. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Quali:
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Lap Times:
    [​IMG]

13th: Bannana_Hammock (@Bj88) - 2:07.824
    14th: RAE (@robin edwards) DSC Lap 8: 2:03.690
    15th: @Blunty075 DSC Lap 5: 2:05.663

Race 2 Results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 2 Lap Times:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15th: Blunty DSC Lap 9: 2:05.198
  18. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  19. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Was a great race! Wasn't confident going in, being able to sometimes hit 2:03.5 on low fuel, though sitting under 2:05 most laps. I wasn't pushing as hard as I could, but this saved much grief!

I considered whether I needed to redress @webnomad in the first race - but seeing @scottb721 turned around I figured they had brought each other undone, was very glad to see the replay!

I was getting towards the pointy end in race one, but with a lap to go couldn't get past @fezza - hard but fair defending, and put enough pressure on me the while trying to get wide for the chase, I put a tyre on the grass and lost my braking zone, sending me straight - could have been worse, was lucky to slot back in two places down. Lost another place to Sooby at the quarry on last lap, but stayed as close as I could to overtake if given the chance - staying on track won me 2 positions back, I really did feel sorry for sooby on the last corner!

Was stoked to not have reverse grid this time, still surprised that my pace was holding up - glad for the time I put into pitting at lap 5, I had originally considered a no pit strat - but soon discovered I was faster with a pit.

@ControllaGod happened upon the same strat as me, pitting at lap 5, and I got thrown for a few seconds again when I saw him go into pits in front of me, and what I thought was going to be coming out at least 5 seconds behind me - then saw him right next to me. The next corner characterised my whole race - I gave the corner up, I knew I could possibly get in front but it would be tight and awkward, but if I slot in behind early, I stand a chance to stay close with someone. Then Controlla must have pushed too hard and I sail past, unchallenged for the rest of the race, just watching the gap grow :)

webnomad, Matthyus, Peersy and 4 others like this.
  20. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Great job on your win! I too could feel that the first corner after the pits would be very important. Whoever came out in front would likely take the victory. I was extra cautious to not cause any collision, and ended up going a bit too wide on the outside. For some reason after that I just wasn't able to find the same pace I had in the first race. After some minor mistakes, @Kieran_B33 eventually caught me, as well as Sooby, although I think he might've outbraked himself at The Chase on the final lap which let me hold on to 3rd.
    webnomad, Peersy and Tristan Jones like this.