GT Sport Season 13 - Fastest Laps and Race Time

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Matthyus, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  2. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  3. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Max Gassit, Hatfield and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  4. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Peersy and Hatfield like this.
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Max Gassit and Hatfield like this.
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Xtr3meNZer and Hatfield like this.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    So this is how the "new System" works... I have the 40th ranked fastest lap... the 37th ranked race time...started off as Division 4... had a decent qually time to jump an entire division to D2. I did not pass 1 car under full steam, the only cars i passed were involved in incidents or redressing a error.... yet with all of this i remain in D2... FLAWED!!!
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It says you are div 4 room 2.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thank you for your feedback.

There are still missing pieces to the puzzle that may help ALL understand the system.
    1 of those missing pieces is the Division tables.
    By using the pre-exisiting divisions that we've been using for a while now (like the chart above), this is how the points stack up for D4 (the division you are in)

1. Vardz - 90
    2. tfeccles - 69
    3. Anders_race - 67
    4. d_karki - 64
    5 . Slartybar - 63
    6. mad mullac - 50
    7. bluemoon - 46
    8. greasemonkey - 40
    9. Dragonfly - 38
    10. sparklehead - 37
    11. Chatwin - 36
    12. didler - 35
    13. Dirtytom - 34
    14. SteveGoof - 33

As you can see here, you have earnt a lot more points towards your shot at the D4 Championship title.
    As you are also in ROOM 2 this round you have the ability to earn between 115 to 91 points again for your shot towards your D4 title.

Now, you may feel hard done by not getting on the podium or win, but as you can see by the end of Round 1, you are definitely at the pointy end of D4.
    Now, as we move past this next round, we feel that people will end up in their 'correct' divisions, through just letting the system work.
    I personally feel that a couple of people will join Room 2 from 3 to bolster those ranks and you may find yourselves in Room 3.

As for 'racing' against people of your own pace, of your own admission due to your great single lap in qualification it earnt you a spot in Room 2, however all you did during the race was race clean and consistent. This ability still enabled you to stay in Room 2, because the rest of us couldn't, even though we might have been faster over a single lap or were not consistent.
    As I have said, let us see how the system unfolds over the coming round/s and lets see how the racing unfolds.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you you compare @VARDZ with @Bluemoon, moon didn't have a stellar qualifying lap and raced in room 4. He raced well and earned a podium with a race time better than vardz but now has half the points that vardz has. For round 2 moon has graduted to room 3 but will stll earn much less points than vards even if his race time is better. If they do end up in the same from round 3 on the possibility of moon catching up in points is zero. He coulld have better race times over all seven rounds and still be no where near Vardz in points. He has been taken completely out of the division champoonship based on one night of qualifying. So I'm not sure why Vardz is moaning.
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Now that I "fully understand" the way things work it would seem i have a massive advantage over others in my Division being D4. But it will even itself out you would think as there is no way on gods green earth i can stay in room 2...
  13. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Well not with that attitude! ;)
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I think if you stay consistent and keep or slightly improve your current pace, you may well be dancing on that Room 2 / 3 edge.
    As the season moves on, your skills may well improve with the car and you may surprise yourself. Chin up and tackle the challenge.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The guys in room three have to better Vardz room 2 time by 10 seconds to demote him, the div 4 guys in room 4 have to best him by 20. I think we should just award him the title now.
    GasMonkee78, Easyprey007 and Apex_64 like this.
  16. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Firstly I think the system is great for enabling tight week to week racing in the rooms.
    I can not see how there can be more than 1 title, an overall winner/champion as there are 5 rooms but actually only 1 division with it being fluid. This is reflected in the driver points system. Drivers in Div2 have had problems in the past racing in Div1 for a Div2 title late in a season to make numbers up, because it compromises their title battle.
    I also can not grasp a driver racing in Div2 because of initial lap pace, then proving it in a race, but still considered Div4. That is absurd as the whole idea is times ruling over Div placement each week.
    Even teams championship becomes luck orientated as to where drivers end up each week.
    System awesome for racing week to week, but it effects Championships outside of Div1 to the point where they are far too compromised.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Why is everyone assuming that vardz will still be div 4?
    After round 2 we will release the 'permanent' divisions for the season
    GasMonkee78 likes this.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    The new format will make the racing week to week closer, which is the main goal I believe, but I think a side effect will be more spread in points and less enthusiasm for championships in Div 2 to 5. If you have a bad night and go down a room, not only do you have poor points from that round, but the next round you also have less opportunity to score points even if you win the race, so a single mistake can hurt you for two rounds. And if you need to best race times in the next room up by 10 seconds to be promoted again there's a good chance that one mistake could disadvantage you for more than 3 rounds. Anyway, let's keep the season rolling and do a larger post mortem at the end, but I'm sure next rounds racing will be close and good fun.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  20. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    I feel like your talking about me......lol....I started Race 1 in Div3, with pole and finished 4th after a spin. Race 2, qualified 4th I think, raced for about 6 laps had a spin, let the whole field pass me and ran last and got demoted. I have Div 3 pace, but had a couple of errors and I guess thats racing. Seems like i know have no chance of competing in Div 3.
    Maybe Im missing something, Im not moaning, Im new here, and looks like you guys put in a massive effort. Its just feedback for any post mortem.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.