GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    correct
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    This is what it is.
    I believe that I may have called Qual earlier than it should have been. Chalk another one to a learning curve.
    I do try and keep it to the 10mins, so this week since the track is so small, you will get a lot of laps in (6 ish)
    NOTE - You can park up earlier if need be too, if you feel you have done your best.
    AroGantz and CAB77 like this.
  3. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    And @KeedenMcdonald will get 17 laps in.........
    xlxy90, Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  4. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    Great racing lads and really happy to battle for quite a few laps with the experienced guys in race 2, Johnno, Fezza and Jonesy. Had the pace but not the consistency taking 3 off track adventures, 2 spins, whilst finishing only 18 secs off the leader. Soz to Fez for a clumsy inexperienced pass on the straight prior to the final corner which did not look real flash on replay. Had a good run outa the chicane but should have given more space and banged doors to knock him offline. The pass was always on but not a problem if a redress is required.

As a newbie can anyone explain how lag works. Fezza early on was 2 secs ahead, then next thing he appears sideways across the track, we collide and I suffer engine damage for half a lap and lose a place. He then reappears 2 secs ahead?? I had Gregory ahead, behind, ahead, behind an number of times but never actually passed me, I see Johnno crash on the last bend behind me one lap and then I look again, he is 1 sec behind?
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    RETRO ROUND RULES

Just a quick one to explain my vision for the retro round.

Design a retro livery which suits the colour scheme of your team and utilise the team sponsors in place of those that were on the livery you are taking inspiration from.
    Eg, when 888 vodafone ran the retro marlboro livery and had the word vodafone instead of marlboro

My idea was to replicate the gone in 60 secs Eleanor scheme
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    Good racing last night lads. I was happy with myself qualifying on the front row. Had a really good tussle with @Tristan Jones first lap and managed to get by cleanly. From there i was able to run mistake free peeling out plenty of consistent laps and hold @Matthyus to about 1-3 sec gap to 2nd. Come last lap my mindset changed and the pressure got to me. i found myself run wide 2nd last turn where matthyus was there to pounce. Well done on the win mate, you pushed me all race and eventually got there.
    So disappointed i missed the second race due to DSC to try make amends. All good tho. If you
    told me at seasons start i'd have 3 podiums this year id say you're dreaming. Pretty stoked with that.
    Great to see a good turnout in Div4 and hope that continues all season.
    BTW. Great job hosting @Matthyus. You did well when :):):):) hit the fan got it all sorted.
    Dosy, Matthyus, Luke and 2 others like this.
  7. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Race report....
    Qualified 7th slap bang in the middle but I knew I could of done a better lap.
    Race 1: Didn't go so well, crashed into @Te_Wheke at the tight turn 13 hairpin after losing the rear under braking and slid into him lost both of us 4 places as we went from 6-7 to 10-11,
    Then the very next lap we made contact AGAIN this time at the turn 16 hairpin. @fezza and te wheke made contact and the previous turn and gave me an opportunity I dived down the inside however te wheke must of not seen me turned in on me and i spin te wheke also goes into the wall. Upon viewing of the replay I actually seen fezza give te wheke a bump which may of caused the crash but oh well i'm not too bothered considering my previous lap antics.
    Not much happened after that was with te wheke, a laggy @Blake Brindle and @Inzyman for most of it.
    Lap 7 @Antmeg26 caught up as he had pitted and had much fresher tyres however he dive bombs me into turn 16 not much damage caused but it does allow Inzy/crane to pass me for 11th and i lose time on the pack I was with that had now caught up to @Nathancarhead
    Lap 8 Antmeg passes but I pass crane/inzy too then a mistake at T13 makes me lose touch from the aforementioned battle pack which was costly as blake/angryjet also made a mistake so would of been an easy overtake...
    Lap 9 caught back up to angryjet/blake and te wheke (who made a mistake) but wasn't able to pass te wheke. Finished 12th out of 14.

Race 2: Started 2nd due to crane leaving the room. Decent start had the lead by turn 1.
    Held the race lead until lap 3, made a mistake on the final chicane of lap 2 and Antmeg closed in and eventually look the lead after the uphill left right left right on lap 3. Was following him while @Luke slowly closed in on us, eventually taking me for 2nd on T6 of lap 7 after a braking error by myself stayed mostly close to them but a mistake on lap 8 coming out of t1 lost me a fair chunk of time.
    Lap 9 Antmeg got on the grass after the turn 7 kink and ruined his braking into the next corner he ended up softly on the outside wall but looped it trying to get back on track off the grass allowing deltron/luke to take the lead and myself to climb back to 2nd. From there I just brought it home just under 3 seconds behind luke.
    Fun night of racing overall though. @Matthyus you did well hosting if you need any pointers and @incey isn't around i'm happy to help, been here on and off for over 3 years trust me on these sunday night series races it always seems to snowball from one little issue so don't be too discouraged by the delays and errors.
  8. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    You were jumping all over the track behind me in the lead up to the turn 16 incident, from my point of view you were still behind Fezza in my mirrors as we got to the braking zone and then as I turned in it looked like you came flying up the inside without braking at all. I was quite puzzled as it really seemed like you came from nowhere, but sounds like from my point of view you actually did if the lag had you in the wrong place at the braking point only to teleport you to your true position alongside me as I was turning in.

You redressed both times though so no dramas at all - especially since it seems the second one wasn't even your fault.

Edit: Also forgot to mention how you helped me later on. I was behind nathancarhead as we were going through the Yamagiwa Esses and he lost a bit of grip coming out of the second one and I had to back off so as not to rear end him but you gave me a nice little tap from behind that perfectly catapulted me ahead of him up the inside of the final S bend.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Tristan Jones and Inzyman like this.
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I think we need to try an east coast host during the week to see if we can reduce these lags issues. How does Thursday or Friday sound? Same start time. Or there abouts.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    happy to join a room to help with sighting, probably shouldn't host though. FNQ is as about as far you can get from decent nbn
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    At least you have a new modem
  12. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    Yep, saw I stiffed you there mate a couple of times so happy to help when I can ! ;) Great racing. Yeh lagging a problem. From my perspective I looked good and EVERYONE else were all over the park!
  13. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    I think the game actually took pity on me as after the race the Daily Mileage car I was awarded was the Jaguar XJ13 - $20m car was a nice change from the hatchback duplicates I normally win.
  14. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Still waiting on connection to NBN, telstra said it should take 1-3 weeks to be connected, tomorrow will be 2 weeks
  15. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I'm good to help test on Thursday or later friday.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Sounds like Telstra time is the same as Microsoft time . . .
  17. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Do yourself a favour and ditch telstra for Aussie Broadband, and get me a free month while you're at it :D
    Jcp likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 4 : Willow Springs International Raceway - 36 laps - 17:30 Fine - Retro Round

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    Big Willow is going to be an exercise in patience if there is any contact resulting in a driver going off track. When you are at fault, you should wait for the other driver to:
    -stop sliding through the dirt
    -get back onto the track
    -get back up to speed
    Be especially careful in braking zones and during side by side racing

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

RETRO ROUND : I'm excited to see everyone's team livery ideas and also those of the privateers!
    Easyprey007 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  19. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Haven't had much chance to get on, spent 15 mins practice in forum with with glenn/pat et al last night but early nights are a must of late, MacKenzie is up every hour or two, Kylie and I are tearing our hair a little.

Trying to host later in the week is a good idea, so I can get an early night or 2 before then.
  20. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Really need to practice on this track as very new on it. Going by the meet and greet on this one I needed a Hilux more than a Mustang.
    Te_Wheke, Dosy, Easyprey007 and 2 others like this.