PCARS GT3 Challenge (Class C)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 28, 2015.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    All drivers please ensure you have read the Rules and Regulations in the OP.
  2. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

I ain't recieved an invite from anyone :s when does race start
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Invited
  4. thejamie_p

thejamie_p New Recruit

PSN ID
    thejamie_p
    I'm on guys, have invites gone out yet?
  5. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
  6. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Apologies @Footlong_warrior
    No intention to take you out on lap 4.
    For some reason my car turned to :):):):) from the end of lap 2 until about lap 6, it wasn't holding traction at all when it was doing perfectly fine on laps 1 and 2. From lap 6 onwards, things seemed to go back to normal.
    It doesn't excuse running you off track like that.
    Apply whatever penalty the Captains feel is necessary.
  8. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    all good mate i was a lap down anyway
  9. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    no action needed @Ad2mny
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What a great race. There is definitely a big difference in the cars. The MCLAREN and r8 were the cars to be in it seems, unless it was just how they were set up. Forgot to save the bloody replay!!;(.
  11. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Good racing guys, who was the guy that was stuck on the grid? Almost resulted in a pile up lol
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    That was Footlong. Not sure what happened to him, but it did indeed cause a small pileup with some of the back runners. Someone else absolutely hammered his unmoving car on lap 2 as well.
  13. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    was a great race, I'm sorry for who was in the white and blue SLS for the solid rear ender going into the hairpin, and to the green and white SLS for that weird crash we had on the inner loop, that was odd! had great battles with what must have been everyone in the split upon my recovery from spinning, there are some issues that desperately require addressing but the on track action was worth it, the Ginetta did awesome!
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Do you know why you got DSQd?
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Almost didn't make the race...
    Only managed to get 1 qualy lap in because bub woke up on my first Flying lap and had to try and send him back to sleep.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    What a fantastic race that was tonight guys, i absolutely loved it. i was racing someone ever cm of the track for the full 16 laps, and it felt great. it was a great way to spend my Friday night after a long day of exams, so thanks to everyone who rocked up and had a crack.
    in terms of my own personal race, i managed a 2:01.5 in quali, and was kinda disappointed with where i was, i was the slowest of the leading group who had managed to crack 59's, but about half a second quicker than anyone else.come race time, i started p5, managed to avoid the stalled Footlong in front of me and by t1 i was up into p2. from there i knew i just had to keep the rest of the field behind me, which i did for most of the race. by lap 2, Kieran had managed to get past and i was down into p3. but then by the hairpin at the bottom of the hill, i was introduced to a 3 way battle between myself, stig and Dave for about 4 laps before Dave and i had a weird incident being stuck together and shoved off into the fence. fortunately, i only dropped to 4th, and through others misfortunes, i manged to claw myself back up to 2nd, and then for about 2 laps i was leading the race, and then it all went a bit wrong for me, and i threw it all away and dropped back to 4th, again i got back to 2nd and battled with Ad, and with about 2 laps to go, i out braked myself into the NGK chichane, and dropped back to 4th (seemingly my favorite position). 1 lap to go, and i worked my way back to second, then coming into the NGK chicane again, i got loose over the kerbs and looped it, dropping to p5, only to find out Dave had been DSQ, and i moved up to 4th
    All in all, and great fun race in which i battled with almost everyone for at least 100m, but do you know just how frustrating it is to throw away your first ever ROOZ podium about 3 times by looping the car at the same corner? I'm frustrated with myself for not bringing the car home where it should have been, but all in all, i had heaps of fun, and these cars are a dream to drive and they produce fantastic racing.
    JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  17. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    Yes....... I do,

@Ad2mny I watched the replay, I think its because the car ran out of fuel on the cool down lap under power of the AI driver, he then warped to the pit box,
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  19. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    My race preparation went well, was a little uneasy with the Ginetta seeing as everyone was knocking it for being slow, knew the car could do a theoretical high 1.56 but I'm not smooth enough with the controller to get it down there, was certainly surprised to see a 1.57 in qualifying trim, and even more surprised to see I got the pole, specially when on my screen there was a Porsche parked bang across the road in turn 5 on my hot lap, not sure who it was but it was there for 2 laps,

Another weird thing is on my replay there is an orange McLaren parked at the top of the Schumacher S bend, parked for about 6 laps, I don't actually recall seeing it there during the race,
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    So that was causing the yellow through that section. Strange.