PCARS GT3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Anyone interest in a longer practice race at donning ton would be nice to get a group on there get some practice see where our cars are at
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    It was a bit dark but fine. The clouds looked awesome and the moisture effects on the windshield were cool.

Here's a tip. Keep your bandwidth high by streaming the replay instead of the live race. Might save DSC's.
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I would but I'm busy until tonight. :(
  4. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
  5. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    just some notes from last nights race, I discovered that fuel usage is based on a percentage of throttle application and not RPM, I found that if you had the pedal flat at 1000RPM in 6th gear it was the same as 8,000RPM in any other gear, hence my slowing in the last 2 laps, I sold myself short on fuel,

Tires and tire wear, if you tune your car so your tire temps don't exceed 125 degrees they will be fine, providing they get the opportunity to cool off, I think providing you keep to that rule then you should have no issue doing a full tank run without losing to much time with the wear,

Tire optimal temperatures seem to be between 100 and 120 degrees,

Camber, pressures and all other angles work, it is worth fine tuning them, keep those temps down,

Moving forward to Donnington Park, I ran some laps, and I seem to hit at an optimum high 1.28, the Ginetta isn't the friendliest car around there and for safety purposes my race pace is back to around 1.32s I hope to improve that over the week,

my setup suggestions would be to flatten out the camber, 0.9-1.5 and raise the ride height around 5mm all round,
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    @Ad2mny that's fine mate same here. My PSN is thebigRAGOO_14 I don't think we are acquainted as yet
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Weird... my sector/lap times (top right of screen) weren't doing anything during the entire race.
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    These posts have been on my mind all day. Lets start at the top.

I cannot help that you or anyone else does not keep up with what is happening here. The fact that you then do not want to go through what has been happening for fear of boredom is perplexing to me and I'm not entirely sure what to say about that. The amount of interest that this has generated in just a few weeks is astonishing to be totally honest, and the fact that the master thread has 23 pages at last count in barely 2 weeks attests to that. If you decide you do not want to be part of the convo then don't complain when decisions are made without your consent.

I did not 'overfill' the lobbies as I had fully anticipated for all to show. That was my mistake, but if everybody had shown, 3 drivers (maybe more) would have been left high and dry.

Yes the next race is at donington. Despite your negativity I hope you can participate and enjoy yourself this time.

@Giant slayer was unavoidably late. konnor/sickskillz should have taken the reins in the meantime but was also a non starter. It was an unfortunate comedy of errors and I'm sure it will run much smoother next round. Dont withdraw, give it 1 more chance?

Now this one:
    Yes it is early stages, and not everything will run perfectly, but except for the human factor it damn near nearly did. Like I said before, if the people who had agreed to turn up did, and the room started on time, I'm sure there would be alot less unhappy people on here. Class C ran almost perfectly, and I havent heard a negative peep from any of them. Very good points though.

Point 2- Class threads. It has already been done. It was done 2 nights before the event, and the final split to 3 classes was finalised an hour before the event, but with plenty of warning to keep an eye out, and a deadline for the changes.

Next. There will be a stage where all the liveries will be taken up. This was more my own personal touch, as I think it would look pretty cheesy if 2 or more cars in the same race had the same livery. Its not hard to decide on a personal livery. And I dont mind keeping track of who's who. Also with the car selection. I have acheived a blend of manufacturers in each lobby so there is an even spread of differing strengths and weaknesses. Do not poo-poo this until the challenge is complete. I am pretty certain it will mix things up as the rounds continue.

Lobby settings are at the start (OP) of this thread and have been since the creation of this thread. Only modification has been to extend practice and shorten quali by 5 mins. The only thing that wasn't in there was the actual time settings, which the hosts were made aware of but was overlooked when updating the OP.

Weather. If the track is set correctly, it will not rain. I put in cloud cover for the final stages of the events to try satisfy those who did not enjoy Vitamin D streaming in their windows. The time of year will affect track temperature yes, but it will not be raining unless it is set to rain. The event is set at the current date, but should be set to start at 13:00 track time. This was how it was supposed to be, and will be from now on, except the enduro at spa, which will start at 10:00 and time progression will be on 15x.

Round 1 over. Chins up. Soldier on lads.
  9. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Are you guys open to people joining even though you've just complete Rnd 1?
  10. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Yeah I think should be good, the hosts can confirm. In the meantime set a time at Bathurst in TT and make your car and livery selection
  11. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    on the default control settings for pad, right on the d-pad will change the timing info on the screen, its likely that you had the wrong timing info thing on your screen (which isn't all that hard to do). the one i think your talking about is the one i also use is the one that shows your sector splits and your overall lap times compared to your previous lap, and off the top of my head i think its a about the 3rd scroll to get to it.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    That's fine buddy get me your time trial time at Bathurst in the car of your choice and we'll fit you in.
  13. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Awesome. Did a quick run this afternoon and seemed to do mid 2:07's in the McLaren (stock), but might check out the other cars tomorrow and I'll get back to you with an official time/car combination. The McLaren seems pretty easy to drive, but I may enjoy the characteristics of one of the others.

Cheers for the quick reply. Good to know there's a spot open.
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    2.06? Bloody hell!
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  15. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Give him the BMW gt3 lol
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    @Killercarlcox69 I have had a blat in the m3 and I believe it can be made somewhat competitive with some tuning mate I was able to pull a 2:10 at Bathurst with it and I feel there is more to be gained. Just need to unlock some more pace. Other than that the handling is beautiful
  17. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    You'll be relieved to know I've got a feeling it was 2:07's. ;)

Wasn't paying close enough attention. Appologies for the scare haha. (I can't check atm).
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Holy cow!!!! Did Warrior get a new PSN? :alien:
    Crazy Lap time @jc1186
    SuiCid3 and Ad2mny like this.
  19. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    With you guys knowing the limits and how little time there is to find, it must have been a bit "WTF?" when a guy comes on here and says he can do an freaky (perhaps unattainable?) lap time lol.

Think I better edit my original post. :whistling:
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I see it has been quite some time since you were last on, or at least commented. Welcome back!
    jc1186 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.