GT5 GT5 DLC & Update 2.08 Coming September 25

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Darko, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Link
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Top find Darko

So every1 is going to have to learn GT5 all over again by looks of things.. :/

Thanks for the info and link ;)
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good stuff darko.....

Lets see what problems they fix, and what others they create !! ;)
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Interesting. Does that last one mean they're finally fixing the back to front ride height tuning issue?
    If so I maybe tempted to go out and replace my stolen copy of GT5... especially with those tyre wear, clutch, and aero adjustments too.

My PC has been in the shop so I have been deprived of racing all week. This, the photos E posted, and this update are potentially renewing some enthusiasm to get back into GT5 on a casual basis - at least as back up for future PC bomb outs.

So please keep me posted with some feedback on this update, thanks :)
  5. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Or i just send it back to ya!!! :lol: :p
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

You can find it fairly cheap now koastr, how long your PC out of action for? We got Beau back at the moment anfd you not here!!! Spa this week.
  7. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    aaahh koastr i might have to do some more photo driving if its tempting you LOL
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I know I'm spewing. :mad: I need to ring them today, they said they would have rung to say it was ready a day or two ago..... it was the SSD, got a new one $150 for 120GB (had only 60GB before). They'll send mine away for manufacturers warranty (shop warranty was only 1yr for parts) but it could take 4 - 8 weeks to get back so that's why I went ahead and bought a new one - so will have a spare...

So anyway... hopefully have it back today. Will have to DL and reinstall iRacing etc... we have a guest over the weekend so I'll see how I'm placed for time.
  9. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Dave potentially coming back to GT5? wowee get on it boys!
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Saw this today on the GTP front page. BR not too intesresting but like the look of the GT car. The changes won't change anything in the Series racing, but will make a difference in tuning, but by how much? We will know when it is released ;)

I really like how they have split the cars up so you aren't forced to buy all, although the cost to buy one will be 50% more than listed for us :(
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    The HSV! Fekn brilliant! I was hoping for this car since I saw it race at Suzuka in 2010.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    GTP reports:

Tyres last forever - one example with race softs was 10 laps v2.07 killed them, 11 laps v2.08 only 25-30% worn (high DF/BHP car)

After market wings on low HP cars sound pretty useless now (increased drag outweighs increase in grip) - sounds about right.
    Basically default aero (and an appropriate gear ratio) acheives the same top speed with min aero faster than v2.07, and full aero slower.

Have also read the reverse ride height tuning may be fixed - well at least nose up in the air is not reported to be fastest anymore..
    --ride height may also affect drag (top speed) now too, although I may have misunderstood this.

Clutch - no significant change - engages closer to full pedal but still very digital and causing just as many issues with mis-shifts as before.

Can you guys confirm any of this, paritcularly the ride height fix?
  14. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Hey Koastr,

In terms to the ride height/s tuning glitch i have been seting up cars in GT5 for AGES!!!! with lower ride height at the front....

1st car that comes to mind is the MX5 race car that i used in Enforcers Series, Which i won!!!

I have twitched around with a few other cars (mainly Touring and Race car) with my lower front ride height set ups, and they work very well

So i ask the Question WAS IT REALLY EVER THAT BAD IN GT5?

has this 2.08 update hit Australia yet?
  15. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    The other thing I read at GTP this morning is that drafting is now active in free run/qualifying. Was confirmed by a few different people.
  16. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I always thought we had slipstream in qually
    lol?
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Interesting barra.......

could shake up the qually sessions !!!!
  18. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    I know i heard someone say that if the collisions are off then there is no draft. is it possible to turn collisions off for qualy or is it only in races???
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    not sure, will test it tonight and find out
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    MMMMMM, very interesting update.
    will see if and what type of headaches this bring to us all. Get the PAIN KILLERS OUT :lol: