GT5 GT5 Trophies

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FloodSim, Sep 15, 2011.

1. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Hi All,

This is a thread to discuss the trophies on offer in GT5.
    What you got? What can't you get? How did someone get that? blah blah blah... That sorta thing.

I got the 'Watch out for falling objects' trophy last night.. The trophy is awarded for making a part fall off your car and I gotta say, WHAT A JOKE!!

I read that it was easiest to do it with a rally car, so I grabbed the Citroen C4, and took it to Daytona for some head-on carnage.
    I spent 20minutes going in reverse hitting every car that I could before something finally came off. And even then it wasn't a bumper that came off, somehow it was my rightside door.

Okay, so the door comes off, and you'd expect it to fall on the ground, maybe slide along the road for a bit, right? Nope.
    The door just takes off, like a rocket, straight up, into the sky?!?
    So much for the realistic crash physics they talk about.

I also tried to get the 'Rollover' trophy. Oh man, that's just pot luck getting that one..
    I watched my Nascar sit in one place and spin around on it's nose before magically rolling back onto it's wheels. I'll have to try that trophy again when I have more patience.

Oh GT5, why must you always disappoint me..
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    For the roll-over Flood, take any decent powered car to trial mountain, get up a decent speed coming to the final chicane and hit the raised curb on the right... "whammo"... job done. Cut the corner on the entry too, don't wanna hit the pit wall halfway through roll-over and get right-side-up again.

As for trophies, I still haven't got the stupid cone slalom in that piece of crap Toyota.. only license test I haven't got.
  3. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I was trying on that part of Trial Mtn in a Nascar, but I might try use some other kind of car.
    The behaviour of the car while it's rolling appears so random and totally unrealistic.

I can get it to roll easily, but for the trophy to ding you have to get the car to come to rest on it's roof then the game resets you to your wheels. Every time I tried the car just miraculously rolled back onto it's wheels.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe I know aye....+1 :lol:
    I always wondered about parts falling off. I'd never seen it, and at the rate cars are damaged I wasn't sure it was possible. But I'd seen official shots of rally cars without doors on PD's website.

Ah that was a tricky one...I think I conquered that one last of all after many attempts.

That Trophy for the GT-R Nurburg TT was pretty fun, and sorta worthwhile compared to the crash related trophies :p (which I don't have)
  5. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

OMFG don't talk to me about the slaloms in gt, Yamauchi gets a head kick for these.
  6. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I got the roll over trophy by giving my 10 year old son a drive on Daytona. And bang! First lap! Over it went. I can't remember what car.
    I was secretly hoping i'd born a little Madison Down of my own, but oh well. I didn't get into racing until I crashed my first car (in real life). Plenty of time to start brain washing him. Ha ha ha
  7. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Yeah it seems like a reasonable challenge.
    I've only had 1 crack at it and got a 7:40, but that was with a big crash coming off the end of the long straight, so I think I would have been close to the time.
  8. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Got the Rollover trophy the other day.
    Went for something with a more square roof, and they don't come much squarer than the new Mini Cooper S. Managed to do it without even trying woot..
  9. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I got the rollover one within 10min of starting the game up on release day. Took my chromeline cobra for a spin at trial mountain, cocked up the chicane, ding, trophy!
    Pretty certain i will never get the gold standard trophy though (shakes fist at X2010 challenge). As a result, I have no motivation to get my B-spec driver the end of his career bar for that trophy either.
  10. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

In the 'off season' i've been investing some time into the A-spec shiznit wanting to get all golds and got a couple of the enduro's out of the way, one of them was the Suzuka 1000 km race and set a lap time of 1.07 in one of the 172 laps in the X2010. Went back to the Vettel challenge to see if I could better my Bronze but nope, still not quite 2 secs off that. Bugger! Need to get 1.05's.
    Only have to get 5 more golds (3 Vettel's and 2 enduro's) and then it's 100%.