GT5 GT5 TTs

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rumbleshorts, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

So do people here do them or just don't care for them? Personally, I run them and try to beast people on my FR list. There are times I don't do too well but I look at my FR to find a challenge, for me it isn't all about the credits :)
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    lol yea I do 'em.... I think to myself, YES! I smashed 'im lol. I do enjoy TTs and comparing my times to my friends. It lets me see who has pace!

I voted YES in all 3 lol.... depends on the TT.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    It would be good to set a car, wt and hp limit for each new event and run it like a hot-lap comp. There used to be a guy on GTP who would build a car for the seasonal events so that it was set up to only just win. Not sure if he does it anymore, but that would be good, just time consuming.
  4. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Looks like you have started something here Rumbles........Damn you! lol
    I normally just claim the credits and move on, but there's a lot more names in the standings all of a sudden.
    You can spend a lot of time hunting out those positions. Good thing is, teaches you a lot about setting up the cars to improve your time.
    Nice work :eek:
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Lol, glad to be of assistance :p
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Alas I am resigned to third (unless I get some time over the weekend), but I am so glad to see so many more from my friends list participating :)

Threaded prompts = win!
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Will have a look at the TT again today, got the day off!!!

Just for you Rumbles, and anyone else with a few spare GT5 minutes. The latest seasonal, 400PP car around Tsukuba. Here's the challenge.

The car:
    Alfa spider '66 - buy it from the OCD, oil change, wt reduction stage 1, window wt reduction, stab reinforce if want. Sports ECU, Sports Intake, racing air filter, spts exhaust, spts cat converter, titanium racing exhaust, 5 spd close ratio tranny, twin plate clutch, semi-racing flywheel, standard diff only, carbon prop shaft, height adjustable sports kit, comfort softs.

First make sure the Honda Prelude is first on the list of opponents (unless you're struggling, then try one of the other cars), second turn off all assists bar ABS, third get out there and win the race...without bumping other cars, a touch is OK, but no using other cars as brakes.

For those who crack it against the prelude, I've got a shiny Lvl 24 ticket burning a hole in my pocket.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    If you don't want to build it it's on my shared list.
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Alright Rumbles, I've set you a new target in the TT. It's in the troll car, but that car is great fun to drive. Sadly I stuck a wing on mine for some reason ages ago. Aero can be removed though can't it??? More poweeerrr!
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Aero can be taken off, just go back in to GT Auto and de-select it :) And yes, I see the times and am having a crack at beating them now!

Given up on the pre '79, can't seem to push the dome much harder without going into a drift.
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Going to give the Alfa TT a try this arvo. The car looks trick! Milano Red paint with mustard yellow wheels :lol:

BTW, are we aloud to adjust anything or are we leaving it all at stock?

First run, Prelude beat me by 4.5 seconds.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, adjust whatever settings you like. How is the exhaust noise!!
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

It is freakin' awesome!
  14. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    New TT for you Rumbles, Italian non-race car 600PP...Muira P400 could be a nice place to start. Although I'm always looking for a reason to crack the F40 out of the garage.
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Will check it out over the weekend :) Too late for me today...
  16. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    TopCat, I was just behind you on the pre '79 Classics at Grand Valley in the Dome Concept... couldn't push it anymore...

TopCat was the quickest on my friend list from raceonoz.com.... I'll get you next time! haha
  17. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Seido, I was about a tenth behind Anon, and I borrowed his car to put that time in! Lookin forward to the next challenge.
    Way to go Anon, great time and awesome car set up mate!
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    ah ok I think that was the other TT... The one I mentioned, I couldn't see Anon above you....hmmm
    i didn't try his car.... heard it sounds beasty though...
  19. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Haven't looked today but I had fastest time on TT track #2 using the troll car (2J) but I will look at it again soon. Failed on the Italian job, too many bourbons :lol:
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks mate, good fun car to drive as well. Trying to get the lambo to work for me in the 600pp TT, it's ridonculous on those tyres. If I crack a decent setup I'll share it.