GT5 GT5 UPDATES/DLC

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SEIDO463, Oct 20, 2011.

1. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-next-update-coming-tuesday-february-7/

"Kazunori Yamauchi has just confirmed, via Twitter, the release date of Gran Turismo 5?s next update, presumably version 2.04.

It launches this Tuesday, February 7, 2012, after the games online service maintenance period, currently scheduled between 03:00 and 04:00 GMT. Details about the updates contents remain scant, though Kazunori has already mentioned one minor bug relating to drift trial replays that will be corrected.

As always, stay tuned for more information as its released!"
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Has this update landed? If it has I'll be on tonight to test online, feel free to join.
  3. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    looks like it's in the hanger Anon. This from a gtplanet user, lancerevo15262.

Last Updated: Feb 06, 2012

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
    The main contents of the update are as follows:

- Improved the performance of online races to provide a better racing experience. However,
    please note that using voice chat with 12 or more players can reduce screen refresh intervals.

- Reduced wobbling of the screen when using the Chase view (The Chase view is when the car is viewed from the
    rear during races and replays, selected by using the SELECT button).

- Electric cars (opponent cars and your cars in B-Spec) will now pit-in automatically to recharge the battery.

- Reduced the amount of steering pull when using force feedback steering wheel controllers in banks on courses such
    as the Special Stage Route X Oval.

- When driving formula cars using the Logitech steering wheel controllers, the initial force feedback amount has been
    lessened and adjusted to make it easier to drive in a straight line.
    Applicable controllers: Driving Force GT, G25 Racing Wheel?G27 Racing Wheel, GT ForcePro, GT Force?Driving Force,
    GT ForceRX and Driving Force Wireless
    Applicable cars: Red Bull X2011, Red Bull X2010, Ferrari F10, Ferrari F2007, Formula Gran Turismo

[Correction of Known Issues]
    - Fixed an issue where speedometer, race position and best lap time info are sometimes not displayed on the 2nd player side in 2P Battle Mode.
    - Fixed an issue where exhaust sound is heard even after switching from a combustion engine car to an electric car within the same online race.
    - Fixed an issue where if the game is started without signing in online and then saved, the cars and courses included in the Racing Car Pack
    and Course Pack would become unusable.
    - Fixed an issue where electric cars would not recharge in the pit and become immobile.
    - Fixed an issue where when the oil of the Toyota Prius was changed in GT Auto, the motor ceased to function correctly.
    - Improved the force feedback of the Guillemot Thrustmaster T500 RS, where the 10 level force feedback adjustment (Especially when using
    the X2010 and X2011) was not working effectively.
    Also improved a condition where it was difficult to drive in the intended path.
    - Improved the force feedback for the Logitech Driving Force GT, G25 Racing Wheel, G27 Racing Wheel and GT ForcePro, where the 10 level
    force feedback adjustment (Especially when using
    the X2010 and X2011) was not working effectively.

[To Check Your Current Version]
    To check the version of your software, press the Manual button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located
    on the upper left of the index page.

If the number starts with Ver. 2.04?, you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press the PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart
    it with your PS3 system connected to the internet.
  4. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    There's also a PS3 update to download today so if your gonna get on GT5 after work today make sure to switch your PS3 on as soon as you get home and let it update.
  5. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

did anyone notice that the vette sounded diferent after this update.
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

It's an optional update for the PS3, just allows for a couple of things no one really gives a crap about only because the Vita is coming.

Yes I did, it sounds a bit better to what it should than before. Still depends on what view you drive as to how much it sounds different though :)
  7. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Since the lastest update I think they've neatened up the graphics a bit? and I haven't noticed much pixelation at all when tyre smoke interacts with the car...

Does anyone think the tyres and or handling have been tweaked again?
  8. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah seido i thing it has been tweaked a bit but can't quite but my finger on what they have done.
    it feels as though the car is a little more free ummmmm can't explain how it feels
    50/50 if it good or bad, haven't been on a lot lately. :(
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Always knew you were a but man Aussie, "but my finger" "is a little more free" hey. lol lol lmfao m8.
    Be on tonight for a run, they say they have improved online room connection, may help you race day with out headsets, i hope so Aussie and all the others who have had issues.
  10. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    I think what he meant was "finger my but".
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer i think you are right Neishy, i thought he was actually posting a serious post at first, but just had to read between the lines.
  12. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
  13. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    lol this has turned into quite an update!
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Emm did you mean to add to Aussies post "but my finger" "update"
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Bonus...ur mind is always in the gutter.
  16. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    had a few drinks when i posted that, :lol:

ANY HOLE IS A GOAL BOYS! :cool: :lol:
    and u are all a bunch of sicko's

@Chev if Bonus's mind always in the gutter that must mean my mind is in sewers!!!

@ Bonus & neishy ; you boys get a little excited with my dirty talk? :lol:
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

eeem but finger gets me laughing hysterically, Aussie you talk dirty even when you not talking dirty. Got a good laugh out of it m8.
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I think Aussie was having some trouble with his But Finger today. He looked somewhat uncomfortable in the Caterham...
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

He was getting penetrated, I'm sure.
  20. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    By a Caterham "7" lol